St Mirren v St Johnstone SPFL PREMIERSHIP 9/2/22

shull

30 minutes ago, Rascal said:

Am I alone in thinking that this might be a banana skin?

it is most certainly a pivotal game because, if you look at the fixtures for Wednesday night a win for us and other results going our way, will be huge

and still a game in hand

wow....treat it like a cup final, its that important 

14 hours ago, saintargyll said:

it is most certainly a pivotal game because, if you look at the fixtures for Wednesday night a win for us and other results going our way, will be huge

and still a game in hand

wow....treat it like a cup final, its that important 

Yeah was just looking at that. If (IF!) we win on Wednesday there’s a more than decent chance we’ll find ourselves in 5th place with a winnable game in hand against Dundee over most of our challengers. 

1 hour ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Yeah was just looking at that. If (IF!) we win on Wednesday there’s a more than decent chance we’ll find ourselves in 5th place with a winnable game in hand against Dundee over most of our challengers. 

4 points behind 4th 😮

thats mental ( and doable)🙂

This is 1 team i hate playing against since our record against them is poor.

They are now 3 games undefeated and they had their new signing Hallberg sent off. 

No goals scored in our last 2 games against them so will go for a 1-0 win for us. 

Looking like we would be sitting 4th if it wasn't for conceded that late goal against the Well.

Wouldn't it be great if we could be in that position in late March when our greatest ever servant Anthony Charles Fitzpatrick hangs up his briefcase, can you imagine Tony's delight retiring on such a high .

Lets do it for Tony !!!!!!!!! :happyclapper

35 minutes ago, portmahomack saint said:

Looking like we would be sitting 4th if it wasn't for conceded that late goal against the Well.

Wouldn't it be great if we could be in that position in late March when our greatest ever servant Anthony Charles Fitzpatrick hangs up his briefcase, can you imagine Tony's delight retiring on such a high .

Lets do it for Tony !!!!!!!!! :happyclapper

With a game in hand 🙂

On 2/5/2022 at 8:01 PM, Rascal said:

Naw... they are fighting for survival and won recently...

But if we beat them they are waist deep in brown stuff.

They don't leak many and have not been scoring many either.

Another 1 nil win for us would be fab...  we might even rise to 2 points off of 4th...

Hope Greive gets off the mark   C O Y S

On 2/5/2022 at 8:01 PM, Rascal said:

If you've supported St. Mirren as long as I have, you know that EVERY game might be a banana skin!

But, despite that, St. Mirren supporters are always optimistic, so let's be positive. Our form is good, theirs has been poor but is improving a bit. However, their new star man was sent off at the weekend, so I assume he can't play against us. Even so, previous games with them this season have been very tight, so we'll take a 1-0 win, with the goal coming off Greive's backside.

COYS!! 

11 minutes ago, pondsman said:

If you've supported St. Mirren as long as I have, you know that EVERY game might be a banana skin!

But, despite that, St. Mirren supporters are always optimistic, so let's be positive. Our form is good, theirs has been poor but is improving a bit. However, their new star man was sent off at the weekend, so I assume he can't play against us. Even so, previous games with them this season have been very tight, so we'll take a 1-0 win, with the goal coming off Greive's backside.

COYS!! 

He can play , for some reason , he misses their game with Aberdeen this Saturday. Their two new strikers , Ciftci and Bair are both missing. 

20 minutes ago, billyg said:

He can play , for some reason , he misses their game with Aberdeen this Saturday. Their two new strikers , Ciftci and Bair are both missing. 

Seems a bit strange.

Nouble of Livingston was sent off for two bookable offences and the ban was immediate.

image.png.35ddbd128a779b9b6e4d1e99a682128c.png

Lets look at flip side.... they know we are unbeaten this year ...just off back of wins against Utd Dons and Hibs...  and a last min dropped points v Well.... Jim determined after last season not to screw up top 6 and it was Fakes that denied us...the players will be up for this ...7 defeats in 24 games... and Fakes have hardly turned the tide ... looking forward to another 3 pts with Jordan getting fully up to speed and a goal

Edited by DougJamie

2 hours ago, pondsman said:

COYS!! 

Hardly a star man. Hibs bit part reject.

Meh.

😬

57 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Hardly a star man. Hibs bit part reject.

Meh.

😬

If he plays and keeps pulling players back he'll keep getting booked and sent off. 2 early bòokings for him will do nicely... but be better if they lose a couple of CB's and a few goals...

4 hours ago, billyg said:

Seems that Kane is also out long term... so May and Middleton to be kept quiet

Edited by Sweeper07

8 hours ago, pondsman said:

COYS!! 

Absolutely!!

Someone on P&B seems to think he will be suspended. Either way he isn't that good that we need to shit ourselves and build a specific gameplan to nullify his creative genius. So I couldn't care less if he turns up or not. We should have enough about us to win this game comfortably, but that's never the Saints way, is it? [emoji854]

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk