St Mirren v St Johnstone SPFL PREMIERSHIP 9/2/22

shull

A terrific result and performance tonight albeit against the bottom side who, realistically, didn’t really threaten us apart from the penalty and a couple of long range efforts. 
that game, before the break we would have lost. So the turnaround has been a credit to everyone in the squad. 
Greive was outstanding and so glad he is off the mark. Was disappointed Henderson dropped but Gogic, although not pretty, was mighty effective. Big Joe has been rock solid which gives Dunne confidence to take the ball up the pitch. 
great stuff 👏🏻👏🏻

Alex Grieve - Looks a player
Alex Gogic - Looks a player
Jordan Jones - Looks a player

Always liked Gogic, although I accept he’s not everyone’s cup of tea

Always liked Jones - especially with Killie (with Brophy et al)

Greive is an unknown quantity but great to see a young lad doing well for us

Three great signings, a great window for us - long may it continue !

Great result. 1st half we were poor. McPherson nearly put them 2 up before we got our pen. 2nd half we were a lot better. Players on both sides played well considering the conditions. Big Joe was excellent . But MOM was Alex Greive guys work rate is unbelievable. And got the winner. Coys

Sent from my SM-A526B using Tapatalk

19 minutes ago, turrabuddie said:

Always liked Gogic, although I accept he’s not everyone’s cup of tea

Always liked Jones - especially with Killie (with Brophy et al)

Greive is an unknown quantity but great to see a young lad doing well for us

Three great signings, a great window for us - long may it continue !

And they all want to be here giving their all....  we don't have a big squad but it's fab.

I think we will get better too ....

The Fakes are going down... what a change in their form but they kept guys that are passed it/not good enough now. (Davidson, May, Kane to name a few)

Cruised it in the end, we should of scored more but a brilliant win in shite conditions.
What a find Grieve is by the way, he won’t be on a big wage so I would be looking at giving him a slight wage hike and getting him on a longer deal.
Indeed. Another year"s extension at least.

Apparently he's not good enough though.[emoji1]

Sent from my SM-A405FN using Tapatalk

Each season is swings and roundabouts for the middle teams

the fakes last season was amazing wi5h 2 cups

this season has been turmoil for us

and yet here we are in the top 6 with a game in hand

tonights game was pretty shyte….if shyte can be pretty

but here we are on the cusp of Europe 

Saints baffle me on many many occasions 

it’s good to be a proud buddie 🙂

Rewind a couple of weeks ago with Brophy looking like he could be out for the season and we’ve got nothing upfront other than a young non league Kiwi lad.
Still early days but Greive looks like a real find. Was great tonight and delighted to see him get the goal he deserved. These big hammer throwers at the back for the Fakes kicked and pulled him all over the park but he was relentless and caused them problems all night. 
Jones and Gogic were excellent too and Jones is still getting up to speed. 
Only negative is Alnwick struggling, looked like his groin. Fingers crossed he’s ok. 
Onwards and upwards. What a run Goodie and the boys are on. Great time to be a Buddie!!

6 minutes ago, santaponsasaint said:

I think he's good enough. But he needs to bulk a bit. Bit light. But got ability in spades.

Sent from my SM-A526B using Tapatalk

Got to disagree with that one SPS.

I think his hold up play is superb and he regularly shows great strength to hold off much bigger players. 

10 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

And they all want to be here giving their all....  we don't have a big squad but it's fab.

I think we will get better too ....

The Fakes are going down... what a change in their form but they kept guys that are passed it/not good enough now. (Davidson, May, Kane to name a few)

Concerning the fakes I can see your point about them keeping hold of players that are now on the down turn but also it is glaringly obvious how instrumental Kerr and McCann were to them. Since they left at end of summer transfer window the fakes have been rotten.

28 minutes ago, Cumbriansaint72 said:

Concerning the fakes I can see your point about them keeping hold of players that are now on the down turn but also it is glaringly obvious how instrumental Kerr and McCann were to them. Since they left at end of summer transfer window the fakes have been rotten.

Yeah they lost 2 really decent players but most clubs lose a few of their better players when they are mid or lower budget teams. That has been a factor I agree.

The other issue is their recruiting of replacements has not been good enough.

My point was they wasted good money (big wages) on players who were no longer of significant value. The money could have been far better utilised, and so they are paying the price.

They were awful in the 2nd half, lacking belief and all those subs smacked of desperation... 

11 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

Yeah they lost 2 really decent players but most clubs lose a few of their better players when they are mid or lower budget teams. That has been a factor I agree.

The other issue is their recruiting of replacements has not been good enough.

My point was they wasted good money (big wages) on players who were no longer of significant value. The money could have been far better utilised, and so they are paying the price.

They were awful in the 2nd half, lacking belief and all those subs smacked of desperation... 

Good, get them doon.

2 hours ago, saint in exile said:

Good result, but a little bit worrying letting them have lots of possession in the last 10 minutes or so. Mind you, Kiltie should have killed the game right at the end.

They made 5 substitutes we made one, Tait at left back and Flynn on, tells me the squad is far too light,  fresh legs I reckon we would have killed them late on