One for our board

Brilliant from Motherwell who continue to lead the way with how to treat fans. How I wish we had an Alan burrows the guy is a class act . 

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/8398367/motherwell-chief-celtic-fans-allowed-fir-park/
[emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]

Sent from my HD1913 using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, norrie82 said:

Brilliant from Motherwell who continue to lead the way with how to treat fans. How I wish we had an Alan burrows the guy is a class act . 

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/8398367/motherwell-chief-celtic-fans-allowed-fir-park/

If giving rangers and Celtic both stands is the difference in us having the likes of Alnwick and Jones then i’m all for it I’m afraid, I would much rather see a better product on the park and it’s only for a couple of games a season.

Also that Motherwell away stand holds about double our stand so I can totally understand st mirren’s way of thinking here.

Absolutely. Isn’t it sad that after all the chat about sorting things we still let them take our family stand which houses the children we hope to develop into full adult supporters. It’s beyond me how we haven’t sorted this . Let’s be clear Motherwell have a fantastic model and a fantastic leader. We have neither and the community club we say we are doesn’t wash with me 

I absolutely detest having to walk through those scum hordes after the games , no matter which way you go you get hassle.   I understand what you’re saying about Players like Alnwick etc but didn’t we attract decent players when we only gave them one stand ?🤷‍♂️  

3 minutes ago, JJ McG said:

If giving rangers and Celtic both stands is the difference in us having the likes of Alnwick and Jones then i’m all for it I’m afraid, I would much rather see a better product on the park and it’s only for a couple of games a season.

Also that Motherwell away stand holds about double our stand so I can totally understand st mirren’s way of thinking here.

I’d rather pay an higher season ticket than allow them two stands. Sure I might be in the minority but it I was asked to pay 350 instead of 300 I’d go for that any day 

15 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Fantastic stance from a chairman who seems to understand the mood of his fans far better than our board seem to .

Well done ‘Well 👏👏👏👏

Our board would not know fan engagement if it but them on the nose. They don’t get it sadly 

Edited by norrie82

Absolutely. Isn’t it sad that after all the chat about sorting things we still let them take our family stand which houses the children we hope to develop into full adult supporters. It’s beyond me how we haven’t sorted this . Let’s be clear Motherwell have a fantastic model and a fantastic leader. We have neither and the community club we say we are doesn’t wash with me 
The Well gaffer seems to value potential longer term gain over short term profit at the cost of relationship with the supporters.

Respect for that.

Sent from my HD1913 using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

I absolutely detest having to walk through those scum hordes after the games , no matter which way you go you get hassle.   I understand what you’re saying about Players like Alnwick etc but didn’t we attract decent players when we only gave them one stand ?🤷‍♂️  

Absolutely this. 

We weren’t exactly doing badly with having players like Thompson, Teale, Mooy, McGowan, Carey, etc. the last time we beat Rangers at home. 

The thing with the much trotted line about the difference in cash being a couple of players - the same would apply to Motherwell. They could be pushing the boat out to keep Watt and have some other big name players.

Where do you draw the line if your core fans are not looked after? 

He actually leads and Motherwell seem to genuinely care about their supporters. I don’t think our board understands looking after the support. We hear snippets of what a wonderful support blah blah blah but we still don’t man the phone to let them contact us nor post a ticket to them anymore when they live miles away and can’t get to the ground between 10 and bloody 2 . Bring back whatever we had pre pandemic as it was a hundred times better than this crap

10 hours ago, JJ McG said:

Motherwell also coined in several million pounds from the sale of Turnbull to the green bigots, so they can afford to do it.

Maybe next season, if McGinn gets his big move, then maybe we'll be in a position to adopt a similar stance.

Motherwell: David Turnbull sale key to record annual profit of £3.575m - BBC Sport

Also worth noting that they have government loan of almost £3 million.

No wonder they can afford to adopt this stance.

"Fans at heart" my arse.

Edited by FTOF

12 hours ago, norrie82 said:

I don't buy this . Historically our crowds have always been bigger v the cheeks. eg Our record attendance at Love St. Even when I became a regular in the late 60s/70s , if a game against either of them attracted 30k , you'd be lucky to find 5k Buds at the game. Some kids have always been affected too , eg I wasn't allowed to go to games v the Old Firm at LS , didn't stop me still being a Bud today !

Totally agree with the people who are saying we’re not comparing apples with apples here.

I’m pretty certain if our away stand housed 5000 punters (more than our two ends put together) then we’d be able to take the same “fans first (my arse)” stance. 
I’d also rather they had two official stands than the scumbags finding their way into our ends of the ground like they did pre 90s as BillyG has said.

Like everyone else I long for the day that we are able to do the “decent” thing, but there isn’t half a load of sentimental old claptrap on this thread. 

2 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Totally agree with the people who are saying we’re not comparing apples with apples here.

I’m pretty certain if our away stand housed 5000 punters (more than our two ends put together) then we’d be able to take the same “fans first (my arse)” stance. 
I’d also rather they had two official stands than the scumbags finding their way into our ends of the ground like they did pre 90s as BillyG has said.

Like everyone else I long for the day that we are able to do the “decent” thing, but there isn’t half a load of sentimental old claptrap on this thread. 

Ground improvements it is

Untitled.png

19 hours ago, JJ McG said:

Fully appreciate the Motherwell chairs stance, however I am with JJ McG here in the sense it gives the gaffer the chance to attract better quality players, a no brainer IMO

20 hours ago, ianmac said:

I am surprised anyone would want to take their kids to these matches with the morons at the other end spouting their mindless rubbish.

I am a season ticket holder in the west stand and I am becoming more and more reluctant to go to these games.

I stopped going to home games featuring the ugly sisters years ago because of the sheer venom being poured out from the away stands. I don't get to many games at all now because it's logistically difficult and time consuming, but when I do come over, even sharing a plane or a ferry with those people is a nightmare.,