Hearts v St Mirren, Scottish Cup Quarter Final

faraway saint

3 minutes ago, saint in exile said:

Tanser having to go off disrupted our shape. We were well back into the game at that point. Dunne needs a spell on the bench. His brain isn't as quick as his feet - he gets caught on his heels too often. That's a few goals against he's been culpable for in recent games. And if Jones could stay on his feet more often, he'd be some player.

Jones, is begining tae f**kin bug me.  Constantly following over 

1 minute ago, Balmullo Bud said:

Probably the best we’ve played in spells since Robinson arrived. Woeful defending for their 3rd when we looked on top. No excuses, Hesrts deserved it. 
Plenty to build on though. 
A wee side note. Looks like Jak is on his way and will deservedly earn a decent move. Been great for us but for me Hladky was a better keeper. 

I would happily lose the whole defence for next season 

hardly noticed that Jones was playing 

hardly a cheep out of Brophy after the goal

why didn’t he move Dunne out left and keepTait wher he was more effective?

how were we meant to win midfield ball when Gogic went off?

I could go on

this defeat was 100% on the manager 

Just now, beyond our ken said:

I could go on

We definitely lost our shape when he made these changes. Henderson for Jones and crack would’ve done but we looked finished and didn’t have a sniff after that. 
Was a big ask tonight to be fair but when that Ronan’s peach went in I really thought we were looking good. 

7 minutes ago, saint in exile said:

Tanser having to go off disrupted our shape. We were well back into the game at that point. Dunne needs a spell on the bench. His brain isn't as quick as his feet - he gets caught on his heels too often. That's a few goals against he's been culpable for in recent games. And if Jones could stay on his feet more often, he'd be some player.

Durmus used to get dogs abuse for not tracking back but Jones is miles worse. He either doesn't track back or he falls over. 

2 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Well, I'm a happy clapper all of a sudden.

It's always easy to blame players but it was a frantic 90 minutes, both teams played more than decent stuff, if a neutral tuned in he'd have been happy with that.

A goal to be savoured, IMO, the best we've played for yonks. 

Better team won, but we should take heart from that performance. 

Agree with it being frantic and both teams going for it, no cagey stuff.

Overall I thought we played OK. However some of our defending was poor. Not always the fault of the back four. Some of the defending from midfield was poor.Jones very easily brushed off at third goal. We have signed both Tait and Fraser for another year. Although I quite like both they are not getting any younger. Think we need two new full backs.

I thought overall, and I don’t take any consolation from it, we contributed quite well to the game and scored two good goals of which one was extraordinary. 
But we were all over the place for first 15 and last 20 minutes, after we equalised. 
defending and midfield cover was our downfall tonight losing 4poor, poor goals. 
I don’t believe, however, that we should be sniping at the manager at this stage, come on!

I know it’s hypothetical but would Goodwin have won that game? Not so sure…..

26 minutes ago, saint in exile said:

I will say it again Jones is the worst player I've seen in a St mirren jersey he was yards in front of there player get caught and went down on his arse again f**king useless.

24 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

I could go on

Very unfair on the the new manager, you point out all the positions at fault tonight, what manager was it that signed them?

The time to judge the new manager is at least a year from now when he has had 2 transfer windows under his belt. Hearts have been a yard sharper in all positions in at least 3 of the 4 games we have played them so far. (hate typing that with their prick of a manager)

We scored two crackers but were beaten (again) by the better team, if you want to lay that at the new managers door so be it.

What about Ronan’s strike tonight?Reminded me of Faddy’s goal against France. There seemed to be second delay on the roar because of the shock of what we just saw. Phenomenal goal. Talented player that has similar goals in his locker to Adam Hammill for us, although Ronan looks a better all round player. 
Be interesting to see where he ends up next season but we should enjoy watching hIm for us for the rest of the season. Hopefully he produces more magic in the remaining games. 

21 minutes ago, party politics said:

Very unfair on the the new manager, you point out all the positions at fault tonight, what manager was it that signed them?

The time to judge the new manager is at least a year from now when he has had 2 transfer windows under his belt. Hearts have been a yard sharper in all positions in at least 3 of the 4 games we have played them so far. (hate typing that with their prick of a manager)

Sorry.  He is not a “new manager”.  He is Saints current manager and should work with the players that he joined the club to work with!

he’s not paid to sit on his arse for a year.

You’re also happy to fault all the players tonight.  Why not give THEM a year to settle in!?

2 hours ago, Rascal said:

Great cup tie with us presently on the wrong end of the score line. Frantic start. Good interplay by Hearts. Kind of fortunate first goal. Decent second. We came into it and a great goal by Brophy. 

Even better goal by Ronan. Changed our set up at 3–2 to go for it and lost the fourth goal. A game with everything but the result we wanted.

10 minutes ago, Balmullo Bud said:

What about Ronan’s strike tonight?Reminded me of Faddy’s goal against France. There seemed to be second delay on the roar because of the shock of what we just saw. Phenomenal goal. Talented player that has similar goals in his locker to Adam Hammill for us, although Ronan looks a better all round player. 
Be interesting to see where he ends up next season but we should enjoy watching hIm for us for the rest of the season. Hopefully he produces more magic in the remaining games. 

You are spot on. Enjoy Ronan while we can. The lad is outstanding. He will surely have clubs queuing up to sign him. 

I dont get the slagging of Jones he works his socks off and is quality we didnt have in the first half of the season. 

4 minutes ago, Ethan said:

You are spot on. Enjoy Ronan while we can. The lad is outstanding. He will surely have clubs queuing up to sign him. 

I dont get the slagging of Jones he works his socks off and is quality we didnt have in the first half of the season. 

He, Jones, has become a target for the boo boys.