Special General Meeting Called

bazil85

16 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Anyone would be better than the Partick Thistle groundsman. :lol:

A brilliant throwback to the 70s. All we need now is some geezer selling some “macaroonspearmintgum”.

Just now, SuperSaints1877 said:

A brilliant throwback to the 70s. All we need now is some geezer selling some “macaroonspearmintgum”.

Not brilliant but a throwback to the days when pitches were shit.

Worst pitch I've seen for a while, although Motherwell's pitch has had it's moments. 

Not my cup of tea. 

2 hours ago, faraway saint said:

100% is it worthy of the death sentence, no, is it amateurish and unprofessional, definitely.

Bazil will overlook almost everything, exactly the type of supporter who would roll over and watch the club behave in an unacceptable manner at any level.

There are a small minority who DO look to magnify anything, or mostly nothing, against the club, equally as baffling. 

Someone wrote Monday instead of Tuesday... 

Edited by bazil85

13 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Not brilliant but a throwback to the days when pitches were shit.

Worst pitch I've seen for a while, although Motherwell's pitch has had it's moments. 

Not my cup of tea. 

The perils of ground sharing and mid winter weather.

No real time to keep pitch up to standard

17 hours ago, SuperSaints1877 said:

Used to look forward to my macaroon bar on a Saturday. Always the guy standing just short of the corner of Love St and Albion Street. Then onwards for my auld man to give me a lifty over the turnstile. Ahhh the good old days 🤣

3 hours ago, eckthesaint said:

Used to look forward to my macaroon bar on a Saturday. Always the guy standing just short of the corner of Love St and Albion Street. Then onwards for my auld man to give me a lifty over the turnstile. Ahhh the good old days 🤣

Then there was the guy who walked round the ground selling “Ham Rolls” from a big box !!  

Aye , a cheap roll with a slice of spam , made up in some clatty bastards kitchen and carried around in a cardboard box 😂😂😂  

On 2/15/2022 at 9:59 AM, E=Mc2 said:

Naw, whit is it?

IMG_1458.thumb.PNG.53c2f1c6f4b90a310ffc57f96c1e8fe8.PNG

Expect the meeting to go as follows.

Point 1 , Any member can email the SMiSA board to engage with us. (We may or may not reply)

Point 2. The current relationship between the club and Kibble is, we have 2 Kibble people on the board and have a relationship. (We cannot comment on the actions of board members or sponsors because they won’t tell us anything anyway)

Point 3. The current financial forecast for the club is, we don’t really know because nothing has been decided on that, we may need to spend loads to get a new manager and the club will not inform the SMiSA board of the current financial situation anyway. (Some current and previous club officials are spending too much on things that are not necessary)

Meeting adjourned before anyone can ask awkward questions.

What part is trivial. Wrong day/date. Basics. Why are you defending the undefendable? 

For goodness sake Hamlet.
A simple clerical error.

Let's face it...

A meeting called by SMISA members looking for clarification on some matters causing them concern.

Meeting arranged as per constitutional requirements.

One wee "mistake" that may or may not have resulted in some members missing the meeting.

What difference could that possibly make?

Oh you cynic. [emoji850][emoji12]

Sent from my HD1913 using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Then there was the guy who walked round the ground selling “Ham Rolls” from a big box !!  

Aye , a cheap roll with a slice of spam , made up in some clatty bastards kitchen and carried around in a cardboard box 😂😂😂  

And don't forget the big wooden cart full of Candy Apples made in the seller's bath was the rumour  :lol:

dance idgaf GIF by Guava Juice

7 hours ago, eckthesaint said:

It was the "official " macaroon bar!

4 hours ago, BuddieinEK said:

For goodness sake Hamlet.
A simple clerical error.

Let's face it...

A meeting called by SMISA members looking for clarification on some matters causing them concern.

Meeting arranged as per constitutional requirements.

One wee "mistake" that may or may not have resulted in some members missing the meeting.

What difference could that possibly make?

Oh you cynic. emoji850.pngemoji12.png

Sent from my HD1913 using Tapatalk

I’m sure that very few would have not realised the mistake and looked for clarification (I know you were being sarcastic) but it’s not really the point. For me the point is that the required number of SMiSA members unhappy enough to call for an SGM has been met, mostly down to perceived unprofessionalism from THEIR Board, and said Board are then unprofessional enough to not proof read the Notice of SGM…..an own goal of their own making.

11 hours ago, WeeBud said:

I’m sure that very few would have not realised the mistake and looked for clarification (I know you were being sarcastic) but it’s not really the point. For me the point is that the required number of SMiSA members unhappy enough to call for an SGM has been met, mostly down to perceived unprofessionalism from THEIR Board, and said Board are then unprofessional enough to not proof read the Notice of SGM…..an own goal of their own making.

Exactly, this is the issue being addressed yet some of our fans lose their mind over a small error that was corrected very quickly. There was a time where this sort of response from corners of the St Mirren support would have surprised me, not anymore. 

I have confidence the actual concerns will be adequately addressed and dispelled at the meeting for anyone applying rational thought. There will of course still be the typical responses from some fans for whom, SMFC can do little right.

Remember we are apparently in a situation similar to Derby after all... 🤣

On 2/17/2022 at 10:52 AM, bazil85 said:

Exactly, this is the issue being addressed yet some of our fans lose their mind over a small error that was corrected very quickly. There was a time where this sort of response from corners of the St Mirren support would have surprised me, not anymore. 

I have confidence the actual concerns will be adequately addressed and dispelled at the meeting for anyone applying rational thought. There will of course still be the typical responses from some fans for whom, SMFC can do little right.

Remember we are apparently in a situation similar to Derby after all... 🤣

My concerns were always turnover/treatment of staff,/having to pay out of court settlements for staff./season ticket chaos/Involving HMRC./Rangers and Celtic fans on our board,/Stewarding contracts/catering contracts/.As a season ticket holder,Smisa monthly contributor and sponsor i feel i have every right to ask questions and if that is construed as moaning then i am guilty as charged.I dont hide behind a keyboard.My name is Ian Brown Snr.

3 minutes ago, northendsaint said:

My concerns were always turnover/treatment of staff,/having to pay out of court settlements for staff./season ticket chaos/Involving HMRC./Rangers and Celtic fans on our board,/Stewarding contracts/catering contracts/.As a season ticket holder,Smisa monthly contributor and sponsor i feel i have every right to ask questions and if that is construed as moaning then i am guilty as charged.I dont hide behind a keyboard.My name is Ian Brown Snr.

My point on this thread has mainly been people moaning about a wrong day that was very quickly corrected. 

I absolutely take the point on the concerns and sincerely hope they are addressed at this meeting. Although my personal view is some (not all, just some) concerns that have been mentioned in recent months are complete overreactions/ pretty short-term teething issues.

If history has told us anything though, there are fans of this club that won't accept what SMISA has to say during this meeting, they'll remain unhappy. That again isn't all, there are plenty of reasonable St Mirren fans willing to listen. 

Can you at least hide yer ugly mush behind a keyboard? [emoji16]

10 hours ago, bazil85 said:

My point on this thread has mainly been people moaning about a wrong day that was very quickly corrected. 

I absolutely take the point on the concerns and sincerely hope they are addressed at this meeting. Although my personal view is some (not all, just some) concerns that have been mentioned in recent months are complete overreactions/ pretty short-term teething issues.

If history has told us anything though, there are fans of this club that won't accept what SMISA has to say during this meeting, they'll remain unhappy. That again isn't all, there are plenty of reasonable St Mirren fans willing to listen. 

You seem to have appointed yourself as spokesperson for SMiSA.  Why can you not accept that the Secretary was incompetent. That is a fact.  Nowhere in this particular thread is anybody moaning (apart from you).

On 2/16/2022 at 6:22 PM, buddiecat said:

Expect the meeting to go as follows.

Point 1 , Any member can email the SMiSA board to engage with us. (We may or may not reply)

Point 2. The current relationship between the club and Kibble is, we have 2 Kibble people on the board and have a relationship. (We cannot comment on the actions of board members or sponsors because they won’t tell us anything anyway)

Point 3. The current financial forecast for the club is, we don’t really know because nothing has been decided on that, we may need to spend loads to get a new manager and the club will not inform the SMiSA board of the current financial situation anyway. (Some current and previous club officials are spending too much on things that are not necessary)

Meeting adjourned before anyone can ask awkward questions.

Won't be far wrong.

Point 3 Finance should only be discussed at a meeting of St Mirren Football Club not at a meeting by people representing only 51% of the Shareholders.

3 hours ago, hamlet said:

You seem to have appointed yourself as spokesperson for SMiSA.  Why can you not accept that the Secretary was incompetent. That is a fact.  Nowhere in this particular thread is anybody moaning (apart from you).

When was the secretary incompetent, what have I missed? 

See my wee stalker is doing everything in his power not to directly respond to me, bless. 😂