Special General Meeting Called

bazil85

8 hours ago, Cookie Monster said:

SMISA has a majority holding, emoji848.png I thought the Kibble had that with the takeover. emoji6.png

A post from Maboza on 7th Sept. 2021 confirmed the shareholding. SMiSA 50.01%, Kibble 27.5% and others 22.4%.

Elvis. Only trying to point out the limitations of SMiSA regarding information. The information you and me yearn for can only come from the Board of Directors of St Mirren Football Club.

14 hours ago, hamlet said:

A post from Maboza on 7th Sept. 2021 confirmed the shareholding. SMiSA 50.01%, Kibble 27.5% and others 22.4%.

Elvis. Only trying to point out the limitations of SMiSA regarding information. The information you and me yearn for can only come from the Board of Directors of St Mirren Football Club.

And non of the  "others  " get a Director on the board

39 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

Here's a summary of the meeting.

They've excluded some off topic comments.

https://www.smisa.net/news-archive/5-general-smisa-news/325-smisa-special-general-meeting-march-2022

Seems to me like a fair bit of stomping over old ground here, but certainly covers the three points to be addressed. Hopefully that's the end of it. 

Engagement - Quarterly meetings with members (one the AGM) and increased Chairman update/ Kibble value add ✔️

St Mirren/ Kibble relationships - Seemingly just teething issues and social media gossip, much settled in the last few months ✔️

Financial forecast - No long-term concerns and rainy day fund being put to use. Covid related and we have seemingly faired better than most around our level ✔️

17 minutes ago, waldorf34 said:

1) It was a Smisa meeting so why was Kibble and Mark Mc Millan there ?

2) How did Mark McMillan get on the board?

There were questions being asked of Kibble, so it seems logical that they might attend the meeting to offer answers.

• 1 month later...
On 4/5/2022 at 2:52 PM, Rascal said:

Long term believers in the principle I am guessing. Or, being naughty, is that a flag of convenience I see?

They had to be members to attend the meeting, people did question why they weren't at the previous meeting and answer given was because they aren't members. Whether they still are, I don't know but we might find out at the AGM.

On 4/5/2022 at 12:00 PM, SMFCPitbull said:

Jim Gillespie & Mark McMillan announced they were now SMiSA members.

It was stated by someone that they were. They never actually spoke at that point. Don’t trust either of them.

1) It was a Smisa meeting so why was Kibble and Mark Mc Millan there ?

Question asked 4th March

Any member of SMISA was allowed to attend.

Question answered 4th March

Jim Gillespie & Mark McMillan announced they were now SMiSA members.

A month later.......

They had to be members to attend the meeting,

No shit sherlock. [emoji1787]

7 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

Question asked 4th March

Question answered 4th March

A month later.......

No shit sherlock. emoji1787.png

There may be a similar scenario at the club AGM. At the AGM,s held since Stuart Gilmour vacated the seat the football manager at the time has been in attendance. There are only two ways in which this should be possible. 1) being a shareholder or 2)being a proxy.  Previously the manager was invited to the meeting after the business end had been completed. 

55 minutes ago, hamlet said:

There may be a similar scenario at the club AGM. At the AGM,s held since Stuart Gilmour vacated the seat the football manager at the time has been in attendance. There are only two ways in which this should be possible. 1) being a shareholder or 2)being a proxy.  Previously the manager was invited to the meeting after the business end had been completed. 

Tony Fitzpatrick was once asked to leave a meeting until the business was completed. His car was then broken into on Knox Street.  Not a good night for him.

Edited by guinness