Jump to content

Special General Meeting Called


bazil85
 Share

Recommended Posts


8 minutes ago, Hendo said:

AGM in April, that would be the time for change.

Unfortunately due to another meeting I wasn't able to attend last night Hendo. From last night's meeting do you think there is an appetite for change from the general membership? I have been a member of SMiSA and for the most part have been quite supportive of them. I get a feeling though that there are so many members that "just pay their money" (and I get why they do that) who don't take enough of an active interest making change very difficult, this is not a healthy position for any member's organisation imo.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, WeeBud said:

Unfortunately due to another meeting I wasn't able to attend last night Hendo. From last night's meeting do you think there is an appetite for change from the general membership? I have been a member of SMiSA and for the most part have been quite supportive of them. I get a feeling though that there are so many members that "just pay their money" (and I get why they do that) who don't take enough of an active interest making change very difficult, this is not a healthy position for any member's organisation imo.

I think you have a point, and a lot of members don't scrutinise much what's going on. Those that attend the meetings do that, which is why I think the AGM is time for change. Those unhappy can put themselves forward or nominate others to stand for election to the Board.

While I don't doubt that the current SMISA board went into this with good intentions, I think they are far too comfortable in their positions and have stopped engaging with members.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, Hendo said:

I think you have a point, and a lot of members don't scrutinise much what's going on. Those that attend the meetings do that, which is why I think the AGM is time for change. Those unhappy can put themselves forward or nominate others to stand for election to the Board.

While I don't doubt that the current SMISA board went into this with good intentions, I think they are far too comfortable in their positions and have stopped engaging with members.

That’s my general feeling.

They are a group of supporters who, after many years of trying, managed to get fan ownership to a place. However, that doesn’t mean that group is the right group to kick us on. There may be some great fans in there, but can they make a difference to a business?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I pay my money each month but have enough going on in my life to get very involved in SMiSA. I also no longer live in Paisley so attending meetings isn't easy as well as having little desire. However the silence from the SMiSA board is pretty deafening in my opinion. Do they do a good job? - I have no idea as I do not know what is happening. Maybe if we received a monthy update then there would be more interest from the membetship.

I do have a friend who does attend meetings and he certainly wants change as he regards the current SMiSA board as impotent in the running of the club ie they attend SMFC Board meetings but do not contribute (his opinion). I have no idea but some updates on what's going on would help the membership to form opinions and get involved.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think a complete clear out is required  ,not easy to achieve as existing board members decide ,in their opinion (does not say in constitution  )if you are a fit person to get put forward for election

There are too many "helpers" getting a say on matters and people put on the St Mirren board who have never been elected by the members to serve on the Smisa  board first to gauge if they are up to the job of  representing  the members.

3 hours ago, Hendo said:

AGM in April, that would be the time for change.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/21/2022 at 11:51 AM, waldorf34 said:

Forgive me for asking but how did Kibble end up with Directors on the St Mirren board? They bought shares from an individual  ,as has happened with many minority  shareholders in the past ,  but under Gilmour and co no minority  shareholders  were offered seats on the board.

It’s a puzzler, not just 2 seats on the board, a newly created vice chairman position, can’t understand this line that kibble put money into the club, they put money into GS pocket for sure, but the actual contribution to st Mirren fc has been negligible, David Jameson was appointed general manager he was an absolute disaster, so he goes back to kibble and they get to appoint another GM? Utter stupidity on st Mirren part. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites



It’s a puzzler, not just 2 seats on the board, a newly created vice chairman position, can’t understand this line that kibble put money into the club, they put money into GS pocket for sure, but the actual contribution to st Mirren fc has been negligible, David Jameson was appointed general manager he was an absolute disaster, so he goes back to kibble and they get to appoint another GM? Utter stupidity on st Mirren part. 


https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/football/2009/sep/07/st-mirren-shares-sale-scottish-premier-league
Link to comment
Share on other sites



I think a complete clear out is required  ,not easy to achieve as existing board members decide ,in their opinion (does not say in constitution  )if you are a fit person to get put forward for election
There are too many "helpers" getting a say on matters and people put on the St Mirren board who have never been elected by the members to serve on the Smisa  board first to gauge if they are up to the job of  representing  the members.


What board are you referring too?
Link to comment
Share on other sites



I pay my money each month but have enough going on in my life to get very involved in SMiSA. I also no longer live in Paisley so attending meetings isn't easy as well as having little desire. However the silence from the SMiSA board is pretty deafening in my opinion. Do they do a good job? - I have no idea as I do not know what is happening. Maybe if we received a monthy update then there would be more interest from the membetship.

I do have a friend who does attend meetings and he certainly wants change as he regards the current SMiSA board as impotent in the running of the club ie they attend SMFC Board meetings but do not contribute (his opinion). I have no idea but some updates on what's going on would help the membership to form opinions and get involved.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk




I got about 9 email updates last year.

It's the SMFC board that make decisions regarding SMFC not SMISA board members.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Smisa
I believe it was 91% of the members that voted, voted for the structure of electing a member of SMISA to the SMFC Board.

There are too many "helpers" getting a say on matters


Now you're saying that members should pay up and shut up.

and people put on the St Mirren board who have never been elected by the members to serve on the Smisa  board first to gauge if they are up to the job of representing  the members.


I refer you to my answer above.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, elvis said:

I am not a smisa member but surely the fans need to be told the outcome of this meeting.

I was there elvis General opinion is we’ll be lucky to win another game all season and are budgeting for being in the Lowland League in 4 years

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, elvis said:

I am not a smisa member but surely the fans need to be told the outcome of this meeting.

No. Why should a fan who is not paying any contribution to the membership of SMiSA be entitled to the information at their meetings? There seems to be confusion with the expectations of SMiSA who hold just over half of the shares in St Mirren Football Club and not full ownership.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

No. Why should a fan who is not paying any contribution to the membership of SMiSA be entitled to the information at their meetings? There seems to be confusion with the expectations of SMiSA who hold just over half of the shares in St Mirren Football Club and not full ownership.
SMISA has a majority holding, I thought the Kibble had that with the takeover.
Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, hamlet said:

No. Why should a fan who is not paying any contribution to the membership of SMiSA be entitled to the information at their meetings? There seems to be confusion with the expectations of SMiSA who hold just over half of the shares in St Mirren Football Club and not full ownership.

As fans of the club everyone is entitled to know what's going on not just smisa members you sound like a them and us kind a guy

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, HSS said:

I was there elvis General opinion is we’ll be lucky to win another game all season and are budgeting for being in the Lowland League in 4 years

Thats about my expectations as well.Good to hear people are of the same train of thought.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, elvis said:

As fans of the club everyone is entitled to know what's going on not just smisa members you sound like a them and us kind a guy

As a fan of the club you are entitled to know what is happening within the club but you’re not “entitled” to know the ins’ and outs’ of any SMiSA meeting…..the SMiSA Board only answers to SMiSA members as that is who they represent.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, WeeBud said:

As a fan of the club you are entitled to know what is happening within the club but you’re not “entitled” to know the ins’ and outs’ of any SMiSA meeting…..the SMiSA Board only answers to SMiSA members as that is who they represent.

If they want to widen support for Smisa and encourage  others to join it would be in their interests to put out as much info as they can!!!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, waldorf34 said:

If they want to widen support for Smisa and encourage  others to join it would be in their interests to put out as much info as they can!!!!

Who’s arguing that point ???? 🤷

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...