Scott Brown as our new manager? Surely not?

doakie

If, and it's a big if, the Record story about Scott Brown is true then the obvious question is this: Who among our decision makers is so out of touch with the fanbase to even consider employing such an abrasive, divisive character? I can't believe that anyone from our board would be so stupid?

Nah, it simply can't be true.

Can it?

Just now, munoz said:

Would be an aye for me. Why not. Has played the game at the top level , club and international.  

I don't get the backlash. 

Is this a windup? I guess so but, if not, you forgot to mention that his qualifications for a managerial position are , mmmm, zero! No managerial experience whatsoever. Can I point out that managing requires a completely different skill set than playing the game. 

2 minutes ago, munoz said:

Would be an aye for me. Why not. Has played the game at the top level , club and international.  

Neither do I , he commands a lot of respect in the playing fraternity, will have great contacts and is likely to bring in an experienced back room !

23 minutes ago, doakie said:

Is this a windup? I guess so but, if not, you forgot to mention that his qualifications for a managerial position are , mmmm, zero! No managerial experience whatsoever. Can I point out that managing requires a completely different skill set than playing the game. 

It didn’t stop Sevco hiring Gerard 

Throughout my life as a football fan I occasionally come across a character that I utterly despise.  Thankfully it is rare but occasionally a human being conducts themselves so poorly on the hallowed field of play that they disrespect the very game that I love (and sometimes hate). 

It is a short list.

Ross Tokely - scumbag bastard that ruined young Chris Kerr's bright but fledgling career.  One of the worst human beings to take the field of play.  A coward and a scumbag.

Craig Thomson - Paedophile who was caught whilst playing for Hearts and allowed back into Scottish football at Cowdenbeath.  A fact that should shame us all and see the public rise in anger at Cowdenbeath, seeing the board of directors dragged from the prawn sandwich room and beaten to death by a swarm of angry parents. 

Craig Burley - His behaviour whilst commentating on a game at our glorious ground.  What a bell end.

Scott Brown - Weasel faced f**k.  A horrible individual who spent much of his career taunting fans (and the children amongst them).  An absolute prick.  Genuinely hate him.  Remember the time Franco Miranda back slapped him and got away with it?  Still makes me laugh to this day.  Prick.

Just watched the Joe Shaughnessy interview and am mightily impressed by his behaviour/ demeanour,, cool calm and collected, following the club (party line) even though I would imagine it's done naturally and not instructed by the club, he always has come across as a sensible chap. A left-field choice perchance?

3 hours ago, shull said:

Voices in my head clearly indicating Neil Lennon as our new Manager with Scott Brown as his Assistant.

What's wrong with that ?

The"voices in your head"

is what's wrong with that.

The voices your hearing need sorted.

Get well soon Shull. 😁

I'll be honest  I'm not getting the gnashing of teeth over Brown.  It doesn't say anywhere that his appointment is imminent or stuck on, just that we want to consider him as an option.

Although I agree that its a risk, I'm not THAT worried about it being someone's first job. I remember thinking when Stubbs came in that it was refreshing that for once, we hadn't gone for a rank rookie or someone who had only managed with success at a part time team. That a guy who had been there and done it was exactly what we needed.

The only managers in my memory that don't fit that description are Bone, Hay, Rae and Stubbs. The latter three were total disasters, none of the three looking or feeling like they actually gave a shit or got the club they worked for.

The others, Fitzpatrick x2, Hendrie, Coughlin, McPherson, Lennon, Craig, Teale, Murray, Ross and Goodwin were all either first timers, internal appointments, part timers or a mixture. 

Attitude trumps experience for me in some instances. If someone - not just necessarily Brown - comes in as their first gig and throws themselves at the job, gives a shit and looks like he's buying into it rather than just there for a payday with a billy big baws attitude that alienates the dressing room and supporters, then I'll be OK with it.

I'll be honest  I'm not getting the gnashing of teeth over Brown.  It doesn't say anywhere that his appointment is imminent or stuck on, just that we want to consider him as an option.
Although I agree that its a risk, I'm not THAT worried about it being someone's first job. I remember thinking when Stubbs came in that it was refreshing that for once, we hadn't gone for a rank rookie or someone who had only managed with success at a part time team. That a guy who had been there and done it was exactly what we needed.
The only managers in my memory that don't fit that description are Bone, Hay, Rae and Stubbs. The latter three were total disasters, none of the three looking or feeling like they actually gave a shit or got the club they worked for.
The others, Fitzpatrick x2, Hendrie, Coughlin, McPherson, Lennon, Craig, Teale, Murray, Ross and Goodwin were all either first timers, internal appointments, part timers or a mixture. 
Attitude trumps experience for me in some instances. If someone - not just necessarily Brown - comes in as their first gig and throws themselves at the job, gives a shit and looks like he's buying into it rather than just there for a payday with a billy big baws attitude that alienates the dressing room and supporters, then I'll be OK with it.

Was that a hint in the last sentence of a return seeing how he wasn't mentioned previously. [emoji6]

9 hours ago, munoz said:

Aye, when I read the other thread you'd have thought we were taking Hitler on board.

Some of the comments, sheesh. 

Absolute hysteria.

As you say, played at the highest level for his club & country.

People questioning his intellect, he comes across as very eloquent, as I don't  remember Goodwin being a member of Mensa? 

I think if the club are talking to brown it will be as an assistant because they want lennon. Some may say we cannot afford lennon does he need the money prob pin money for him. But would much rather it was lennon who is proven and will demand results. Will have contacts also. 

Dissapointed jim has left but I think it will be a really hard job for him. But he is gone and I won't be devistated unless St mirren board recruit someone unproven. 

I would be OK with mcinnes or lennon. Don't want Ross.