Scott Brown as our new manager? Surely not?

doakie

6 hours ago, DougJamie said:

Are you a Sevco supporter ? Thats their arguement...Brown won plenty before they imploded... anyway my point is Brown will manage...he is high profile and is very well connected.... untested but if successful i am sure he would soon be our legend...  but lets see... i cant remember us seeking from such lofty heights

Dearie me, 😂😂😂 SEVCO supporter 😂😂😂

Is that the best you can come up with for differing views? However, the answer to your question is no.

Interestingly, you say "untested but if successfull"

You don't appear convinced yourself.

Scott Brown is not the right man for St Mirren. He failed in his captaincy in celtic's capitulation to the tune of 25 points last season. 

Claiming Brown will make a good manager for winning 1 horse races is no different to rangers thinking Gerrard is a good manager for winning the league when their only real challenger for the 2 horse race turned into a shower of shite.

Have I laughed yet at your delusional question about SEVCO yet?

😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 

Edited by Kombibuddie

That's nonsense Andrew, No team wins every trophy they enter, when Ranger's were cheating their way to league titles with their David Murray millions and EBT's 2000/2010 they lost 6 Scottish cups and 6 league cups.  in their 9 in row when Celtic were in the grubber they lost 6 Scottish Cups 
Knocked out by teams like Dunfermline  St johnstone  and Falkirk 

You’re right that no team wins every trophy they enter but Celtic’s circumstances were probably unique during this period. They play in a country where there are two teams miles ahead of the others and had the luxury of their rival ending up in the lower leagues leaving no real opposition. Maybe winning every trophy was unfeasible as there’s always the chance of a shock over 90 minutes but they weren’t getting knocked out by strong Aberdeen, Hearts, Hibs or Dundee United sides. They were losing to the likes of us, Ross County, Killie and Morton.

Just said on the radio Hearts have agreed permission for us to interview Naismith... Kibble running the show it seems 

15 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Would be disappointed if we went with Naismith, feel it’s a gamble absolutely not worth taking. If it did come down to him or Brown though, lesser of two evils for me. 

23 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

Despite the Kibble connection? emoji50.pngemoji50.pngemoji50.pngemoji50.png

Sent from my HD1913 using Tapatalk

15 minutes ago, portmahomack saint said:

Just said on the radio Hearts have agreed permission for us to interview Naismith... Kibble running the show it seems 

Conspiracy theory rubbish. He’s clearly being interviewed because of his position as a football coach & former player. Not because his dad happens to work for the Kibble. 😂

50 minutes ago, Kombibuddie said:

Dearie me, 😂😂😂 SEVCO supporter 😂😂😂

Is that the best you can come up with for differing views? However, the answer to your question is no.

Interestingly, you say "untested but if successfull"

You don't appear convinced yourself.

Scott Brown is not the right man for St Mirren. He failed in his captaincy in celtic's capitulation to the tune of 25 points last season. 

Claiming Brown will make a good manager for winning 1 horse races is no different to rangers thinking Gerrard is a good manager for winning the league when their only real challenger for the 2 horse race turned into a shower of shite.

Have I laughed yet at your delusional question about SEVCO yet?

😂 😂 😂 😂 😂 

Are you saying Scott Brown isn't the right man for the managers job because Celtic failed to get 10 in a row??

😂😂😂😂😂.

3 minutes ago, Helmettroll said:

Are you saying Scott Brown isn't the right man for the managers job because Celtic failed to get 10 in a row??

😂😂😂😂😂.

No.

I'm saying, I don't think Scott Brown has adequate leadership skills to manage St Mirren.

Celtic' capitulation under his captaincy is an example to support my thinking.

2 minutes ago, Kombibuddie said:

No.

I'm saying, I don't think Scott Brown has adequate leadership skills to manage St Mirren.

Trying to point any "capitulation" towards one man is rather silly.

There's many reasons Celtic didn't win the league, mainly in Rangers shirts and their manager.

9 minutes ago, Kombibuddie said:

No.

No?

It seems that's exactly what you're saying.... Unbelievably silly..

The guy must have won over 20 honours, including 4 trebles in a row,

He's not exactly my first pick but I'd have him over Naismith every day of the week..

Baffling stuff .

13 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Trying to point any "capitulation" towards one man is rather silly.

There's many reasons Celtic didn't win the league, mainly in Rangers shirts and their manager.

We are discussing the suitability of Scott Brown for the managers post at St Mirren. Hence, he is the focus of the discussion.

Celtic' capitulation was not solely down to 1 man but when folk are arguing, he's a highly decorated player & one of the most successful in Scottish history, there is  a counter argument.

It'd be silly to talk about any of the rangers players or their ex manager. I'm not interested in their qualities or failings as they are not the topic of the discussion. 

6 minutes ago, Kombibuddie said:

We are discussing the suitability of Scott Brown for the managers post at St Mirren. Hence, he is the focus of the discussion.

Celtic' capitulation was not solely down to 1 man but when folk are arguing, he's a highly decorated player & one of the most successful in Scottish history, there is  a counter argument.

It'd be silly to talk about any of the rangers players or their ex manager. I'm not interested in their qualities or failings as they are not the topic of the discussion. 

Please, please let's not exaggerate he is far from one of the most successful in Scottish history.

14 minutes ago, Helmettroll said:

No?

No! Is the answer to your question.

I am not saying Scott Brown is not suitable for the St Mirren managers job because celtic failed to win 10 in a row.

The capitulation is an example where i think Scott Brown failed to demonstrate adequate leadership qualities.

2 minutes ago, Kombibuddie said:

No! Is the answer to your question.

I am not saying Scott Brown is not suitable for the St Mirren managers job because celtic failed to win 10 in a row.

The capitulation is an example where i think Scott Brown failed to demonstrate adequate leadership qualities.

Jeezo, aye ok, you might not like Brown but your reasoning is flawed, to say the least.

We'll leave it at that. 

3 minutes ago, hamlet said:

Please, please let's not exaggerate he is far from one of the most successful in Scottish history.

I’m certainly not gonna be a cheerleader for Scott Brown but check his stats .

10 League winners medals, 7 LC medals, 6 Scot Cup medals and 55 Scottish caps  .  There can’t be that many who can match that .

17 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

I’m certainly not gonna be a cheerleader for Scott Brown but check his stats .

10 League winners medals, 7 LC medals, 6 Scot Cup medals and 55 Scottish caps  .  There can’t be that many who can match that .

Here are a some. Baxter, Bremner, Law, Souness, Dalglish, White, Gilzean etc. All played at a higher level when fewer caps were available. 

Scott Brown is a highly experienced and decorated player. If I recall it properly he was also coaching younger players towards the end of his career with Celtic. Has continued as a player and coach with Aberdeen. Aggressive, competitive, Gallus and like a lot of us has human flaws. Does he have a good chance of being a successful manager? My guess would be yes.

1 hour ago, Sweeper07 said:

Counter to that is fail to do so and his stock dwindles

By the time that happens, we should have a manager with a couple of games under his belt and be grateful we didn't take on someone who couldn't promote Killie to the next level. :whistle

1 hour ago, hamlet said:

Here are a some. Baxter, Bremner, Law, Souness, Dalglish, White, Gilzean etc. All played at a higher level when fewer caps were available. 

And all superb players, all miles ahead of Scott Brown in ability ( although I’m not familiar with White ).  But that is not what the poster was saying ,  he was talking about successful .  Success is usually measured in Awards, medals, trophies & caps  won etc . 
I only checked Baxter & Bremner from your list then gave up,  Neither had anywhere near the amount of medal (etc )success and neither as many international caps but Brown simply couldn’t hold a candle to either as far a skill and ability is concerned. 
You may not like Brown as a player against Saints - neither do I ,, but I’d loved to have had him in my team any day of the week.  
What cant be argued is the success he has achieved in the Scottish game is hard to beat . And to that end he is one of the most successful in Scottish History as the poster says.