Scott Brown as our new manager? Surely not?

doakie

9 hours ago, doakie said:

If, and it's a big if, the Record story about Scott Brown is true then the obvious question is this: Who among our decision makers is so out of touch with the fanbase to even consider employing such an abrasive, divisive character? I can't believe that anyone from our board would be so stupid?

Nah, it simply can't be true.

Can it?

No.

Headline grabbing.

Not like the Record to outshine the main story regarding a non-OF club, with a random bit of OF whataboutery.

9 hours ago, doakie said:

If, and it's a big if, the Record story about Scott Brown is true then the obvious question is this: Who among our decision makers is so out of touch with the fanbase to even consider employing such an abrasive, divisive character? I can't believe that anyone from our board would be so stupid?

Nah, it simply can't be true.

Can it?

amazingly something we agree on. Get it in the sea, take it out again then get it even further in the sea. 

Names likely to be linked that are an absolute no for me. 

Scott Brown

Neil Lennon

Gus McPherson

wouldn’t mind letting Alan McManus have a few games & seeing if he impresses. 

amazingly something we agree on. Get it in the sea, take it out again then get it even further in the sea. 

Names likely to be linked that are an absolute no for me. 
Scott Brown [emoji777]
Neil Lennon [emoji777]
Gus McPherson [emoji777]
wouldn’t mind letting Alan McManus have a few games & seeing if he impresses. 
McManus till the end of the season with full support and control of on field decision making would be my choice.

Sent from my HD1913 using Tapatalk

22 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

McManus till the end of the season with full support and control of on field decision making would be my choice.

The main problem I see with any temporary appointment is that we need to start planning for next season and recruit well. Not having a permanent manager would hinder that.

The main problem I see with any temporary appointment is that we need to start planning for next season and recruit well. Not having a permanent manager would hinder that.
But if he wanted the post, and did well till the end of the season, we would have a head start there.

Things are going well. Continuity might be to our advantage.

That said, look what happened to Killie when Clarke left. A real danger. [emoji850][emoji26]

10 minutes ago, guinness said:

Cannot see a problem with Brown on a personal level. Whether he has the experience is another matter.

I can see the problem with Brown on a personal level and he certainly does not have the experience.

However he may turn out to be an inspired choice if that is the board's final decision.

1 hour ago, SuperSaints1877 said:

If he does well, give him the job permanently. If he doesn’t, go for someone else. Mitigates the risk to an extent in given someone a two year contract & them making an ar*e of it. 

I don’t know why, but I’d like to see McInnes take over. 
I think Ross, I am hesitant about and I think financially out with our budget. 
Brown? Naismith? Not at this important point of the season. 
ultimately it would be nice just to have a steadying influence and can get respect from the squad to see us through and to continue this good little spell. If we have a good finish it makes us a bit more attractive an option. 

The only thing worse than having Brown as manager would be Lennon.

A definite no to both of them.

It’s hard enough taking on a first role as a manager, even harder in the top division. But when half of the fans already hate you before you’ve even started it would be next to impossible. For that reason alone we shouldn’t go for Brown.

Edited by ds10

12 hours ago, munoz said:

Would be an aye for me. Why not. Has played the game at the top level , club and international.  

I don't get the backlash. 

He has no management skills and has never had connection with club, like with others that we have taken chances with.

12 minutes ago, pod said:

He has no management skills and has never had connection with club, like with others that we have taken chances with.

He is player/coach at Aberdeen?

The connection thing is a bag of shite, it's the person we're after, not if he's played for St Mirren,  although that looks like being a factor in the current hysteria. :rolleyes:

Edited by faraway saint

23 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

He is player/coach at Aberdeen?

The connection thing is a bag of shite, it's the person we're after, not if he's played for St Mirren,  although that looks like being a factor in the current hysteria. :rolleyes:

For me, it's about getting a right man for the job in.

Not only are Brown & Lennon not right men for the job, they are both a wrong man for the job.