Jim Goodwin Interviews Thread

shull

@shull

Who do you prefer the last manager to win a major domestic honour the legend that is Sir Danny Lennon or his captain Jim Goodwin?

If it is the former why do we not get interviews posted of Sir Danny Lennon at Clyde FC?

2 hours ago, SuperSaints1877 said:

@shull

Who do you prefer the last manager to win a major domestic honour the legend that is Sir Danny Lennon or his captain Jim Goodwin?

If it is the former why do we not get interviews posted of Sir Danny Lennon at Clyde FC?

Or more to the point, why do we have a thread dedicated to a former manager who left us in the lurch and is now managing one of our competitors .?  
I get it that it started when he was our boss but in my opinion it should have died a natural death when he left . To continue to put on his Dons interviews after every game is creepy .  

Edited by Callum Gilhooley

Some managers leave a good impression behind. Danny Lennon and Jim Goodwin (for me) are two who do. 

By now, in my mind ( never a reliable guide) Danny never did anything wrong and could walk on water. Others have him knighted.

Jim has so far been a success at each club he has managed and will probably move on from Aberdeen to a bigger club.

I see no harm in following up on an ex manager’s career. Many do it with Jack Ross but with less affection. Just my point of view. I don’t have to read it , watch it or even agree with it.

Edited by Rascal

39 minutes ago, Rascal said:

Some managers leave a good impression behind. Danny Lennon and Jim Goodwin (for me) are two who do. 

By now, in my mind ( never a reliable guide) Danny never did anything wrong and could walk on water. Others have him knighted.

Jim has so far been a success at each club he has managed and will probably move on from Aberdeen to a bigger club.

I see no harm in following up on an ex manager’s career. Many do it with Jack Ross but with less affection. Just my point of view. I don’t have to read it , watch it or even agree with it.

Following an ex manager or players fortunes after they leave saints is one thing.
To dig up and post on an old thread with “ I see whatsisname has moved club” or “ see that ex managers just been sacked “ is imo , fair enough but  to religiously post every post match interview is verging on f**king stalking 🙄 

Edited by Callum Gilhooley

15 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Following an ex manager or players fortunes after they leave saints is one thing.
To dig up and post on an old thread with “ I see whatsisname has moved club” or “ see that ex managers just been sacked “ is imo , fair enough but  to religiously post every post match interview is verging on f**king stalking 🙄 

Indeed, ex managers/players might crop up now and again on the forum, especially if we're playing against them, but to post this Aberdeen based drivel is just weird, but that's just the normal from this particular poster, and all his aliases. :1eye

I don't get why there is affection for JG and a seethed hatred for JR. Both are gulty of walking out on our club. Both doing so to advance their career and improve their finances. No harm, no foul. JR left us after the end of the season with plenty of time to fill the void. Goodwin jumped ship mid season. IF there is resentment for one over the other I know which would be my choice. I am coming to the conclusion that Jim leaving us may have been a blessing in disguise but that was, on his part, unintentional. It's early days still but I'm enjoying watching the team play.

11 hours ago, shull said:

Seems to be a lot of traffic through here today.

Apart from Ricky and St Lucifer all are on ignore so I will never know what triggered them .

I’m totally stunned. I thought  @Sidmirren was one of your best pals. What’s happend between you two? Have you argued over who gets to pump Blow Up Betty?
For the record Sid replied rather controversially to a humorous post I made in the wee small hours last night quoting the complete post I made on the Robbo appreciation thread.

@Rascal aka Ricky also quoted the same complete post I made hailing it as “Brilliant!”

So even if you didn’t see Sid’s response then I’m sure you must have seen Ricky’s reply. I thought you might have actually enjoyed the joke I made about the death of Rangers 1872-2012. You know the one. The reincarnated club you now refer to as “Sectarian/Vermin Sevco 2012”

I’m absolutely stunned that you have @W6er and @bazil85 on ignore. Why is that? 

I know I find their posts extremely dull and repetitive and in one particular post misogynistic but I’d never bother to put them on ignore.

If you have the whole forum on ignore bar @Rascal and @stlucifer is it not a rather dull experience?

I guess you must be very busy taking fares in your taxi that you just don’t have time to read the rest of the drivel posted on here. 

Jings. There was me thinking their was a UK/Global cost of living crisis, apart from Cardonald.

32 minutes ago, SuperSaints1877 said:

I’m totally stunned. I thought  @Sidmirren was one of your best pals. What’s happend between you two? Have you argued over who gets to pump Blow Up Betty?
For the record Sid replied rather controversially to a humorous post I made in the wee small hours last night quoting the complete post I made on the Robbo appreciation thread.

@Rascal aka Ricky also quoted the same complete post I made hailing it as “Brilliant!”

So even if you didn’t see Sid’s response then I’m sure you must have seen Ricky’s reply. I thought you might have actually enjoyed the joke I made about the death of Rangers 1872-2012. You know the one. The reincarnated club you now refer to as “Sectarian/Vermin Sevco 2012”

I know I find their posts extremely dull and repetitive and in one particular post misogynistic but I’d never bother to put them on ignore.

If you have the whole forum on ignore bar @Rascal and @stlucifer is it not a rather dull experience?

I guess you must be very busy taking fares in your taxi that you just don’t have time to read the rest of the drivel posted on here. 

Jings. There was me thinking their was a UK/Global cost of living crisis, apart from Cardonald.

Not nearly as good as the previous post SS. Quit when you are ahead?

38 minutes ago, Rascal said:

Not nearly as good as the previous post SS. Quit when you are ahead?

I was not attempting any humour at all. I was merely pointing out the inaccuracies and inconsistencies of @shull’s post. I didn’t intend my post to be funny in the slightest.

My message to @shull was that I believed he was being somewhat economical with the truth!

04431B7B-429E-49BF-9515-103FD9C05D7F.jpeg.169de44c5d07d62c75f4f809355344bb.jpeg

You did however fall directly into my trap of quoting the post directed to @shull that he would not have seen from me, but he will be able to view as you replied. 

Now for that to happen within 12months of me posting I did find funny. But given you created the laughter you must take all the credit.

Take a bow sir!

076A7BBB-76C7-4F1F-B1DD-144C31EE477A.jpeg.28a0cdc4cf57ff743e01f61cf89c37c5.jpeg

Edited by SuperSaints1877

2 hours ago, SuperSaints1877 said:

I was not attempting any humour at all. I was merely pointing out the inaccuracies and inconsistencies of @shull’s post. I didn’t intend my post to be funny in the slightest.

My message to @shull was that I believed he was being somewhat economical with the truth!

04431B7B-429E-49BF-9515-103FD9C05D7F.jpeg.169de44c5d07d62c75f4f809355344bb.jpeg

You did however fall directly into my trap of quoting the post directed to @shull that he would not have seen from me, but he will be able to view as you replied. 

Now for that to happen within 12months of me posting I did find funny. But given you created the laughter you must take all the credit.

Take a bow sir!

076A7BBB-76C7-4F1F-B1DD-144C31EE477A.jpeg.28a0cdc4cf57ff743e01f61cf89c37c5.jpeg

It was a Sunday night. You may have had a few sherbets. The first post was really well put together. Well worth the brilliant I posted.

This one leaves me wondering what it is that you are talking about. Please don’t explain. I have the feeling that My life won’t be richer for it.

4 hours ago, SuperSaints1877 said:

To use this format once was novel, though not as funny as you think. 

To rehash it is dull, boring and repetitive

To self proclaim your post as humorous is perhaps presumptuous. 

Perhaps you should self reflect before accusing other posters of being below standards.

3 hours ago, Rascal said:

It was a Sunday night. You may have had a few sherbets. The first post was really well put together. Well worth the brilliant I posted.

This one leaves me wondering what it is that you are talking about. Please don’t explain. I have the feeling that My life won’t be richer for it.

As a infamous Radio Clyde football pundit once said “Are you accusing me of mendacity?”

I also don’t particularly like the slur suggesting I was drunk.

For all you know I could be a recovering alcoholic. 

Unless you mean I overdosed on white powder?

64E3B705-50C3-4DFB-A532-3673515DA9AF.jpeg.fbe9ff252ed0f62375ba1561c26f1f50.jpeg

51EB6FB2-680F-4182-9788-BC58D7129DF4.thumb.jpeg.91882f18b295e2ad24e73dc72051aaa1.jpeg

6 hours ago, SuperSaints1877 said:

I was not attempting any humour at all. I was merely pointing out the inaccuracies…

Now for that to happen within 12months of me posting I did find funny. But given you created the laughter you must take all the credit.Take a bow

:rolleyes:

(typo - you left me no wriggle-room on your initial post…)

18 people, probably the most "likes" a post has achieved on this forum for quite some time, would suggest you don't know what you're talking about. :byebye
Humour is subjective, so saying something is, or isn't, funny is nonsense. Therefore, maybe neither of you know what you're talking about - which I find mildly amusing. [emoji16]

1 hour ago, SuperSaints1877 said:

As a infamous Radio Clyde football pundit once said “Are you accusing me of mendacity?”

I also don’t particularly like the slur suggesting I was drunk.

For all you know I could be a recovering alcoholic. 

Unless you mean I overdosed on white powder?

64E3B705-50C3-4DFB-A532-3673515DA9AF.jpeg.fbe9ff252ed0f62375ba1561c26f1f50.jpeg

51EB6FB2-680F-4182-9788-BC58D7129DF4.thumb.jpeg.91882f18b295e2ad24e73dc72051aaa1.jpeg

Sherbet Dabs!

Forget Brilliant - Wonderful 

Loved those