Jim Goodwin Interviews Thread

shull

1. Cormack giving nothing away on Goodwin futurepublished at 16:29

16:29

Tyrone Smith, BBC Sport Scotland at Pittodrie

With the Aberdeen directors meeting to discuss Jim Goodwin’s future, we are expecting an update at some point today.

But, as yet, no news. I’ve been at Pittodrie for the last few hours.

Chairman Dave Cormack arrived earlier this afternoon and left about an hour later. He was giving nothing away when I asked if there was any progress on the situation.

Last chance saloon, AWAY to Hibs.............................with their away record it could well be adios Jimbo. 

Chairman Dave Cormack has tonight released the following statement:

“We all recognise that Monday’s disastrous result in the Scottish Cup was totally unacceptable. It added insult to injury after such a poor result against Hearts, following what was a strong performance in the semi-final against Rangers at Hampden.

“The football monitoring board, comprising Stewart Milne, Willie Garner, Steven Gunn and me, have now had a full and frank meeting with Jim. It wasn’t an easy conversation, but necessary after the overall poor results since the World Cup break.

“From our wider discussions over the last two days, we believe that the senior players and the squad are behind the manager. Combined with our discussions at today’s meeting, Jim will be in the dug-out on Saturday. However, to be clear, Jim has been left in no doubt that the Board and the fans are seeking an immediate response from him and the players.”

2 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

Don't you just hate those folk that move........ emoji1787.png

You know that's not the issue, it's the circumstances.

Anthow, Aberdeen painicked, Glass was on a poor run, Goodwin on a decent run, but that was matched by an equally poor run earlier in the season.

I had a long discussion with an Aberdeen supporting mate and indicated Goodwin had limitations, IMO, and overall a defensive outlook.

Quite what's went wrong up in Aberdeen is speculation but one things for sure, he's responsible, along with the players, for the worst result in Aberdeens history, quite  an achievement. 

14 minutes ago, saint in exile said:

f**k him. Did the dirty on us for the 'greener grass' of the North East. Everyone is entitled to try and better themselves, but it's how he did it that irked me.

Same with Judas Ross.

Did the dirty on us..😂

In what way did it irk you? 

He got offered a bigger job and he took it, big deal, I would do exactly the same thing myself and I've supported the club my whole life..

On 1/28/2023 at 6:26 PM, Helmettroll said:

Did the dirty on us..😂

In what way did it irk you? 

He got offered a bigger job and he took it, big deal, I would do exactly the same thing myself and I've supported the club my whole life..

BULL SHIT were not talking about packing shelves in Asda 

So you would take the Aberdeen job when the team you've supported all your life were chasing a Euro place and a possible cup final for a few extra bob  ? 

Jim Goodwin sold his legacy at our club for a bigger wage when he left us, we had a chance of Europe and a possible Cup Final, and I'm saying that when I was delighted he left for Aberdeen, his football at our club would make your eyes bleed, He tried to play a more attacking style at Aberdeen and got found out simple as that.

There's a saying

To Make loads of money at the cost of losing something money can't buy will only makes you poorer,   I'd say Jim just proved that to be true 

• 1 month later...