Steven Naismith

shull

Just now, waldorf34 said:

Maybe if he is in Kibble will part with some of their £3million under spend from last financial year

Just now, waldorf34 said:

Maybe if he is in Kibble will part with some of their £3million under spend from last financial year

You know as well as I do that they will not and probably cannot use their funds in that way.

If we went this route do you think he could get best out of Greive? Would he be able to spot good attacking player for our budget?
I found with Jim he was good at spotting defenders and central midfielders, but could be very hit or miss with with attackers.

Sent from my IN2023 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, buddiecat said:

Another guy who has no managerial experience, no thanks.

Hearts fans are shouting for Naismith to be their manager, he’s highly rated and in the Scotland set up, the guy is a winner as well.

Would be a decent appointment if you ask me.

29 minutes ago, antrin said:

Naismith seems to me to be a good shout for the Saints job.

Steve Clarke is happy to use his coaching skill, as is Hearts.

He appears to be pretty sharp,  as well as decent.

It's not a coach we are looking for though. It's a manager. Two completely different jobs with little to no transferable skills between them.

2 minutes ago, LargsBud said:

It's not a coach we are looking for though. It's a manager. Two completely different jobs with little to no transferable skills between them.

Are they that different?

Many, let's say, people, who are in charge of football teams are called coach.

Title's not that critical, how to motivate the players and get them in the best positions to function as a team.

Come to think of it, I could do it. :wink:

4 minutes ago, LargsBud said:

You don’t know what his role and input is with Scotland , don’t think anyone on here does . And I would say there are many qualities shared by both roles. 

Do I want him as our first team coach or manager ? I really Don’t know 🤷‍♂️  
One thing I will say , IF he is chosen , he should get the full support of all Saints fans while in the job …. Regardless of who his Dad is. 

1 minute ago, faraway saint said:

Are they that different?

Many, let's say, people, who are in charge of football teams are called coach.

Title's not that critical, how to motivate the players and get them in the best positions to function as a team.

Come to think of it, I could do it. :wink:

I just feel that the key skills to be a good manager would be leadership, tactical awareness, handling with the press/fans/board, transfer market dealings etc.

None of these are really required to be a good coach. We've seen many people who are supposedly great coaches fail miserably as manager.

A lot of the top managers don't take anything to do with the coaching drills. 

I just feel that the key skills to be a good manager would be leadership, tactical awareness, handling with the press/fans/board, transfer market dealings etc.
None of these are really required to be a good coach. We've seen many people who are supposedly great coaches fail miserably as manager.
A lot of the top managers don't take anything to do with the coaching drills. 
Craig was supposed to be a good coach... Shite manager though.

1 hour ago, Mainstand Sweary Mob said:

Craig was supposed to be a good coach... Shite manager though.

True.  True.

Cannae argue with that.

From other things I read about Naismith, I feel inclined to view him as being better than Craig.  Much better.

And younger, developing and still learning.

True.  True.

Cannae argue with that.
From other things I read about Naismith, I feel inclined to view him as being better than Craig.  Much better.
That's why I have contradictory feelings. I think they could be good guys as coaches, but I feel if we want to cement being a mid table team, pushing for top 6, then with the momentum we currently have we need someone with experience at management and someone with decent contacts, as we will need it to progress and go into next season losing a fair few starters from the team.

After the initial WTF same as the Scott Brown rumour, it sort of grows on you after a while, like brown he wasn't scared to put himself about on the park and his demeanour off it he comes across as a really nice guy.  Both would be a big gamble a road i don't think we should be going down where we are at now 

I'd still prefer Jack Ross or Derek McInnes as we know what were getting 

2 hours ago, antrin said:

True.  True.

Cannae argue with that.

and not looking to top up his pension.