Steven Naismith

shull

55 minutes ago, portmahomack saint said:

After the initial WTF same as the Scott Brown rumour, it sort of grows on you after a while, like brown he wasn't scared to put himself about on the park and his demeanour off it he comes across as a really nice guy.  Both would be a big gamble a road i don't think we should be going down where we are at now 

I'd still prefer Jack Ross or Derek McInnes as we know what were getting 

Neither. :rolleyes:

52 minutes ago, linwood buddie said:

Jack Ross or Strachan for me , Brown or Naismith would be gambles but I suppose most young managers need to start somewhere .

Well it won’t be Ross. Strachan I doubt. Brown could double as a player. Naismith not. 

53 minutes ago, linwood buddie said:

Jack Ross or Strachan for me , Brown or Naismith would be gambles but I suppose most young managers need to start somewhere .

Ross a no no.  If Strachan was interested in returning to management, he probably could have taken the Dundee job, rather than recommending his mate.

4 minutes ago, portmahomack saint said:

Has Jack Ross knocked us back

By several accounts yes...

Distance, wages and he's likely still being paid by Hibs so might not gain anything working for us.

He was interested in the Dons job... so wages mostly.

Edited by Sweeper07

With Ross ruling himself out I am warming to the idea of going with an upcoming coach. I like what I hear about Naismith and I believe Brown is more than a pantomime villain.

Both would need tremendous  support with player budgets  recruitment and contracts etc. So the question for me is, are we as Club, geared up to provide that support? 

We woukd need to appoint a good CEO - Tony is retiring and before him we had the exceptional Brian Caldwell. We would need a CEO of this calibre to help a young coach succeed.

As an aside, I am impressed every time I hear Andy Webster speak. I think he is a smart guy and I wonder if there is a role for him as assistant to CEO in a new setup.

We are likely safe this year from relegation so we can take our time to get this right and put a modern structure in place.

I thought this type of strategic stuff is where the Kibble would be able to help.

Edited by magnus

8 minutes ago, magnus said:

With Ross ruling himself out I am warming to the idea of going with an upcoming coach. I like what I hear about Naismith and I believe Brown is more than a pantomime villain.

Both would need tremendous  support with player budgets  recruitment and contracts etc. So the question for me is, are we as Club, geared up to provide that support? 

We woukd need to appoint a good CEO - Tony is retiring and before him we had the exceptional Brian Caldwell. We would need a CEO of this calibre to help a young coach succeed.

As an aside, I am impressed every time I hear Andy Webster speak. I think he is a smart guy and I wonder if there is a role for him as assistant to CEO in a new setup.

We are likely safe this year from relegation so we can take our time to get this right and put a modern structure in place.

I thought this type of strategic stuff is where the Kibble would be able to help.

How about let’s chase top four ? Let’s try to get to hampden ? We need to act quick and any temporary measure is no use . Just look at Man united. Let’s go for someone who knows the game and has experience 

Edited by norrie82

8 minutes ago, norrie82 said:

How about let’s chase top four ? Let’s try to get to hampden ? We need to act quick and any temporary measure is no use . Just look at Man united. Let’s go for someone who knows the game and has experience 

I am not suggesting we down tools Norrie. Plus Brown and Naismith both know the game.

12 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

By several accounts yes...

Distance, wages and he's likely still being paid by Hibs so might not gain anything working for us.

He was interested in the Dons job... so wages mostly.

That probably sounds about right,  my only fear with jack was it's a bit dodgy going back to a club after being successful, I reckon he has one decent gig left to crack it then it'll be back to Alloa for him.

I suppose he can wait a bit longer, can't see where in Scotland mind unless it's Aberdeen :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, aldo_j said:

That’s a top 3, with two generic names to cover all bases.

Aye right. I've said elsewhere Malky McKay and which McCann and it's not Neil or Fergus... your just another fellow fan who wants to have a go at a fellow fan...

Where's your speculated list?

nice guy... cheers   :cheers

Just now, Sweeper07 said:

Aye right. I've said elsewhere Malky McKay and which McCann and it's not Neil or Fergus... your just another fellow fan who wants to have a go at a fellow fan...

Where's your speculated list?

nice guy... cheers   :cheers

Who is ‘foreign guy’ and ‘guy not declared’? 

I’m not speculating as I don’t know the applicants. There could be a surprise in there, or not. It looks pretty clear that we are favouring a recently retired player/new coach route and I’m ok with that. Out of the names, I think Naismith has the greatest potential.

Who is ‘foreign guy’ and ‘guy not declared’? 

I’m not speculating as I don’t know the applicants. There could be a surprise in there, or not. It looks pretty clear that we are favouring a recently retired player/new coach route and I’m ok with that. Out of the names, I think Naismith has the greatest potential.
Don't humour him, he knows nothing.