Steven Naismith

shull

15 minutes ago, billyg said:

A lot of money going on Stephen Robinson by the look of it. Favourite on some lists !

That's more like it.  Is he still at Morecambe?  If so then you'd imagine he'd be getting a decent wage.  Maybe he hasnt moved from Scotland and wants to come back.  

22 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Not inspired by the Robinson chat. Very meh. Would much rather take a risky punt on one of the inexperienced guys then an average SPL jobber.

in the interests of pandering to my Google laziness, could someone please list his credentials for “having done well at Motherwell”? Thank you in advance. 

Me neither. Has won 10 games out of 40 with Morecambe. Not a WISE move.

ETA Motherwell finish 7th and 8th in his 2 full seasons. Only got 3rd when the league was curtailed in 2020.

Edited by stlucifer

6 hours ago, beyond our ken said:

Ross was the cheaper option as he is out of work and there would be no compensation.  I am glad he was approached and that option has been ruled out.  Better we go for McInnes.  I don't really see anyone else managing in Scotland currently who is showing the potential 

No way. I mentioned a few days ago that we shouldn’t assume that there was nothing to pay for a manager who is currently out of work as they might still have contract obligations that we would need to buy out. That has proved to be the case with Ross and may apply to others BYK. Imo

32 minutes ago, scottd said:

That's more like it.  Is he still at Morecambe?  If so then you'd imagine he'd be getting a decent wage.  Maybe he hasnt moved from Scotland and wants to come back.  

Must admit that I hadn’t thought of him. Did ok when he was up here. Domestic incident when out in Edinburgh with his partner before he left, if I remember correctly

26 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Not inspired by the Robinson chat. Very meh. Would much rather take a risky punt on one of the inexperienced guys then an average SPL jobber.

in the interests of pandering to my Google laziness, could someone please list his credentials for “having done well at Motherwell”? Thank you in advance. 

13 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

Me neither. Has won 10 games out of 40 with Morecambe. Not a WISE move.

ETA Motherwell finish 7th and 8th in his 2 full seasons. Only got 3rd when the league was curtailed in 2020.

The wiki link I posted shows he also murrawell to league and Scottish cup finals, one season.  W2017.  Sadly losing to Tic both times.

beat Dons and sevco in the semis.

Of the names mentioned , there are a couple I hadn’t thought of. These include Robinston and Grant McCann. Looking at their stats they both look to be decent. One is in work (Robinson) and one not (McCann). Personally I wouldn’t want MacInnes . Nothing personal. MacKay would be the 3rd of 3 experienced managers. Those together with Brown and Naismith make for interesting choices. Too early for Kevin Thomson , in post at Kelty Hearts imo

1 minute ago, Rascal said:

Of the names mentioned , there are a couple I hadn’t thought of. These include Robinston and Grant McCann. Looking at their stats they both look to be decent. One is in work (Robinson) and one not (McCann). Personally I wouldn’t want MacInnes . Nothing personal. MacKay would be the 3rd of 3 experienced managers. Those together with Brown and Naismith make for interesting choices. Too early for Kevin Thomson , in post at Kelty Hearts imo

I'd take Grant McCann all day long before Robinson.

Really hope we don't appoint Robinson.

Of all the names currently listed other than Ross, McCann is by far the best

2 minutes ago, elvis said:

Over on Facebook in the space of about 3 minutes we have appointed Robinson .brown and Naisy oh to be in the know like these guys.so we are going with three managers.

Will they be reporting into McCann…?  :unsure:

Edited by antrin

2 minutes ago, lenziebud said:

I'd take Grant McCann all day long before Robinson.

Really hope we don't appoint Robinson.

Of all the names currently listed other than Ross, McCann is by far the best

I had no idea who Grant McCann was.

A quick look at his Wiki page tells me why I didn’t know who he was. 🤷‍♂️

3 minutes ago, elvis said:

Over on Facebook in the space of about 3 minutes we have appointed Robinson .brown and Naisy oh to be in the know like these guys.so we are going with three managers.

It doesn't matter what manager we have you will still be bumping your stupid fucking gums every game how shite we are, you can't help yourself you're an inbred malcontent

Edited by renfrew156