St Mirren v Hearts. 26/02/22

antrin

The first twenty minutes were really poor. Fired long balls down the wing which ran out of play. Totally bypassed the midfield and Hearts were all over us. Sending off ruined game and was damage limitation from then on. Not to have one shot on target is pretty shocking and Hearts were miles ahead all over the park.

32 minutes ago, Wardog said:

The first twenty minutes were really poor. Fired long balls down the wing which ran out of play. Totally bypassed the midfield and Hearts were all over us. Sending off ruined game and was damage limitation from then on. Not to have one shot on target is pretty shocking and Hearts were miles ahead all over the park.

Spot on. Not our day.

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

0-2, got away with that, could easily have been 4 or 5, especially if Boyce had been on form.

Sending off never made much difference, they were on top before that.

Strange performance, hope it's a one off, never threatened their goalie really all day. 

I felt like it was a strange performance mate, regardless of the sending off.

Thought Dunne had signed a pre contract with Hearts at 1 point.

2 hours ago, saint in exile said:

Yup. Boyce could have had a hat trick in the first half. Jones cross balls were very poor today, so we didn't create any openings when we had the chance.

Boyce finishing was poor, but his positioning  for crosses in the penalty box was excellent.

1 hour ago, Sonny said:

Just pleased Hearts were rotten in front of goal and Alnwick was great or else a cricket score was on the cards. Poor day at the office hardly covers it.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Was flat from start to finish, nobody really got going from fans to players. 

16 minutes ago, Smithers Jones said:

Hearts were by far the better team today from the start.  No complaints with the result, we deserved nothing.

Have to agree. Forget the score line, the other stats tell the story. Yet..get given the penalty involving Grieve and who knows as that player would also have been sent off. Hearts were better though I have to say. Maybe not next time though.

We were second best today, even with 11 v 11. Thought the Greive pen claim was a good one but not a stonewaller. Most refs would’ve given it. Really like Greive’s movement and energy and he looks a great find but he does go down a bit easy at times, as do most players nowadays to be fair. 
Ronan had no intent to catch the boy but it was a red and he’ll be a miss in the next couple of games. Hopefully Fraser doesn’t get done retrospectively for his challenge just before Ronan’s. 
Not impressed with Robinson’s post match interview. Saying it was the ref that cost us today. We weren’t nearly good enough. Hearts bossed it from the start. Probably not fair to compare him to Goodwin, but one of Goodwin’s strengths was his honesty in interviews. Still pretty sure that Robinson will come good for us. 
Also not impressed with the knuckle dragging Hearts fan on the way in today that called us ********s. They still have a bigot element with some of their support. Diet Rangers fans.
Hopefully we play better in the cup game. Definitely think Robinson and the boys will be fired up for it after today. Whatever happens, we’ll always have the fond memories of Obika night to cheer us up. 

I was in main stand and couldn’t believe it was a red. 

Having watched the replays on sky sports mini-highlights it certainly looks like it was justified from the angles. What i think it doesn’t capture is that it’s almost the side of Ronan’s boot that catches and glances down the front of the Hearts players shin. I’m not convinced that he put the boot/studs into the man or was recklessn or out of control. It was a clumsy challenge but pretty unfortunate if you ask me. 

3 hours ago, Balmullo Bud said:

We were second best today, even with 11 v 11. Thought the Greive pen claim was a good one but not a stonewaller. Most refs would’ve given it. Really like Greive’s movement and energy and he looks a great find but he does go down a bit easy at times, as do most players nowadays to be fair. 
Ronan had no intent to catch the boy but it was a red and he’ll be a miss in the next couple of games. Hopefully Fraser doesn’t get done retrospectively for his challenge just before Ronan’s. 
Not impressed with Robinson’s post match interview. Saying it was the ref that cost us today. We weren’t nearly good enough. Hearts bossed it from the start. Probably not fair to compare him to Goodwin, but one of Goodwin’s strengths was his honesty in interviews. Still pretty sure that Robinson will come good for us. 
Also not impressed with the knuckle dragging Hearts fan on the way in today that called us ********s. They still have a bigot element with some of their support. Diet Rangers fans.
Hopefully we play better in the cup game. Definitely think Robinson and the boys will be fired up for it after today. Whatever happens, we’ll always have the fond memories of Obika night to cheer us up. 

That's a bit unfair for me mate,  I've been to most home games this season and I can't remember us starting well in any of them,  we always start slowly. Ronan got sent of after 20 minutes, just as we were starting to get a bit more of the ball, the game was over as a contest and was always going to be a uphill struggle playing with 10 for 70 mins 

All will be forgotten if we can knock them out the cup, A tall order but no way impossible, we've always looked a better team away from home. think we shold rest a few players with some big games coming up. bring in some fresh legs against Celtic and park the bus again, and target the 3pts at Dingwall

6 hours ago, Maboza said:

I was in main stand and couldn’t believe it was a red. 

Having watched the replays on sky sports mini-highlights it certainly looks like it was justified from the angles. What i think it doesn’t capture is that it’s almost the side of Ronan’s boot that catches and glances down the front of the Hearts players shin. I’m not convinced that he put the boot/studs into the man or was recklessn or out of control. It was a clumsy challenge but pretty unfortunate if you ask me. 

What was interesting for me watching the game later on Alba was the reaction of Hearts players after the card where several of them appeared to be consoling Ronan.

1 hour ago, Rascal said:

What was interesting for me watching the game later on Alba was the reaction of Hearts players after the card where several of them appeared to be consoling Ronan.

That wasn’t their reaction when they were surrounding the ref. 

Also, That wank Neilson was stood about 4 inches away from Beaton already in his ear from the previous challenge. It was Beaton that gave the red. 

1 hour ago, Maboza said:

That wasn’t their reaction when they were surrounding the ref. 

Also, That wank Neilson was stood about 4 inches away from Beaton already in his ear from the previous challenge. It was Beaton that gave the red. 

Agree about when they surrounded the ref. Take your word for it about Nelson

Hearts ultimately deserved their victory yesterday but there are ifs. I wasn't sure Ronan's red was deserved but, after seeing if back, I can see why it was shown. After that I think we rallied. The penalty not given might have changed things. Depending on whether a second yellow would have been shown and us converting from the spot, we may have had something to hang onto.  Towards the end I still had a feeling that, if we got one back, Hearts fragility may have caused a wee bit of panic but we are still a damp squib up front. Robinson can only work with what he has and that means hoping Greive is the real deal and scores regularly till the end of the season. Wednesday is effectively a freeby for the manager as long as it's not a hammering.

38 minutes ago, HSS said:

I wonder how the day would have panned out if we’d put the ball out of play when the hearts player was injured? 🤔

A good point HSS. I thought that was why the Hearts players were angry at the Ronan foul, not how bad the foul had been.

Saints reverted to jellyfish mode and were well beaten by a much better ,tougher team. Yet another home game without a win, the new manager had better get that sorted soon. Forwards were non existent and easily swept aside. I have a feeling points will not be easily gained in the next few games. Hope for a vast improvement in the upcoming cup tie, or else forget it.