Stephen Robinson

TopCat

1 minute ago, santaponsasaint said:

Ffs do we ever get it right. Only getting him cos Morecombe are about to sack him. Motherwell sacked him. Why the f**k would we want him. Poor move. Must be the cheapest candidate knowing St.Mirren.

Sent from my SM-A526B using Tapatalk

God bless the boo boys :) Motherwell never sacked him, he resigned.   Motherwell fans almost universally speak highly of them, finished third and got them to two cup finals. He's been doing pretty well at Morecambe, they are the smallest club in that league and still in with a good shout of survival.  Having a read of their forum he seems to have the backing of their support. 

Knows the league and is a proven success in it. Has good managerial experience and a lot of contacts down south. Looks like a fantastic appointment to me!

8 minutes ago, santaponsasaint said:

Ffs do we ever get it right. Only getting him cos Morecombe are about to sack him. Motherwell sacked him. Why the f**k would we want him. Poor move. Must be the cheapest candidate knowing St.Mirren.

I don't think Murderwell sacked him.. And I believe we're paying a fee.

3 minutes ago, santaponsasaint said:

The Motherwell fans on P&B seem to think he did a good job, but eventually ran out of steam.

They think he'll do a good job for us.

Morecambe were not about to sack him and he won't be cheap.

God bless the boo boys [emoji4] Motherwell never sacked him, he resigned.   Motherwell fans almost universally speak highly of them, finished third and got them to two cup finals. He's been doing pretty well at Morecambe, they are the smallest club in that league and still in with a good shout of survival.  Having a read of their forum he seems to have the backing of their support. 
Knows the league and is a proven success in it. Has good managerial experience and a lot of contacts down south. Looks like a fantastic appointment to me!
Absolute rubbish. Jumped before he was pushed at Motherwell. Told people his family were homesick. They must have got cured. Morecombe in the bottom half of the table. Started well at Motherwell but just before he left well fans were calling for his head . But at least its not Brown. Thank god for small mercy's [emoji120]

Just now, JJ McG said:

Good appointment, Keith Lasley in as his assistant?🧐

Lasley seems to have been more in the background since Alexander arrived, according to 'Well fans, so a distinct possibility.

Paisley man returns home...................

Best option out of the names mentioned so far, with a proven track record at this level.

12 minutes ago, santaponsasaint said:

Absolute rubbish. Jumped before he was pushed at Motherwell. Told people his family were homesick. They must have got cured. Morecombe in the bottom half of the table. Started well at Motherwell but just before he left well fans were calling for his head . But at least its not Brown. Thank god for small mercy's emoji120.png

More drivel.

Quote below from P&B.

I’d echo what the other ‘Well fans have said. Robinson was a very good manager for us and although it all went a bit off the boil at the end, he wasn’t hounded out or sacked - just had enough I think.