Stephen Robinson

TopCat

Ffs do we ever get it right. Only getting him cos Morecombe are about to sack him. Motherwell sacked him. Why the f**k would we want him. Poor move. Must be the cheapest candidate knowing St.Mirren.

Sent from my SM-A526B using Tapatalk

That's nonsense. His record at Motherwell was excellent and Morecambe are totally out their depth in L1 so he was on a hiding to nothing.

ETA overall win rate of 42%, 3rd in the league and a cup final...aye it's a rotten record right enough [emoji1]

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

12 minutes ago, santaponsasaint said:

Morecombe in the relegation places in league 1. So why dont we give him a job in the Scottish Premier League. Utter suicide.

To be fair they are in the bottom 4 , 4th from the bottom but not far from safety. Big jump via the play offs. Footnote: Dylan Connoly and Jon Obika now ply their trade at Morecombe. Big Jon has had injury worries. We would have kept Dylan Connoly had we been able to.

https://www.lancasterguardian.co.uk/sport/football/morecambe-confirm-stephen-robinson-as-the-clubs-new-manager-3263949

Edited by Rascal

8 minutes ago, santaponsasaint said:

Morecombe in the relegation places in league 1. So why dont we give him a job in the Scottish Premier League. Utter suicide.

Who would your choice have been Gary?

1 hour ago, santaponsasaint said:

Ffs do we ever get it right. Only getting him cos Morecombe are about to sack him. Motherwell sacked him. Why the f**k would we want him. Poor move. Must be the cheapest candidate knowing St.Mirren.

Gary , the Morecambe fans forum is in uproar because he's leaving , giving it snake , rat etc Morecambe are in their highest ever position in league football history , and are in the mix for staying up with 5 or 6 other clubs. 

Absolute rubbish. Jumped before he was pushed at Motherwell. Told people his family were homesick. They must have got cured. Morecombe in the bottom half of the table. Started well at Motherwell but just before he left well fans were calling for his head . But at least its not Brown. Thank god for small mercy's emoji120.png

I agree with you. I think you've called this right. 

He ran away from Motherwell when the going got tough.

Doing the same at Morcambe and hardly lasted a minute at Oldham.

Having said that we will get a bounce from him for a while and then it will tail off.

Lets hope we are wrong

23 minutes ago, billyg said:

Gary , the Morecambe fans forum is in uproar because he's leaving , giving it snake , rat etc Morecambe are in their highest ever position in league football history , and are in the mix for staying up with 5 or 6 other clubs. 

fkcem they can have that numpty stubbs

Hilary Duff Lol GIF by YoungerTV

Absolute rubbish. Jumped before he was pushed at Motherwell. Told people his family were homesick. They must have got cured. Morecombe in the bottom half of the table. Started well at Motherwell but just before he left well fans were calling for his head . But at least its not Brown. Thank god for small mercy's emoji120.png

St Mirren are also in the bottom half of the table and that was good enough for Aberdeen. 

1 hour ago, lenziebud said:

I agree with you. I think you've called this right. 

He ran away from Motherwell when the going got tough.

Doing the same at Morcambe and hardly lasted a minute at Oldham.

Having said that we will get a bounce from him for a while and then it will tail off.

Lets hope we are wrong

Pop over to P&B and see what the 'Well fans are saying and you'll see just how wrong you are on that count.

18 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Pop over to P&B and see what the 'Well fans are saying and you'll see just how wrong you are on that count.

no worries, lets see how it pans out.

I'm just not as convinced by him as you and others.

JR and JG are streets ahead of him as is Malky Mackay and Davie Martindale

Edited by lenziebud

Goodwin jumping ship has caught us by surprise. There's not a chance, before Glass resigned, that we would have spent a second wondering who we would eventually replace him with.

As it turns out there's a dearth of realistic, affordable replacements available at this juncture in time.

Is Robinson the perfect choice? No, IMO, but his credentials, for the most part, are a good fit for the club.

Maybe we are paying over the odds, but I'm sure that Aberdeen paid us over the odds.

Only time will tell if he's a success with us.

You and Elvis should team up as commentators on StMirren TV  at least if the football is crap we can all have a right good laugh :lol:

Laugh Laughing GIF