Stephen Robinson

TopCat

Our managerial expectations have to be realistic. Whilst we may wish for a ‘bigger name’ the reality is we are a club run on a tight budget.

This is a good candidate at this point in the season.

If a deal is concluded ? Then let’s give the guy a chance to get his coat off before we character assassinate him.

Welcome to our club is my thoughts

24 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Goodwin jumping ship has caught us by surprise. There's not a chance, before Glass resigned, that we would have spent a second wondering who we would eventually replace him with.

As it turns out there's a dearth of realistic, affordable replacements available at this juncture in time.

Is Robinson the perfect choice? No, IMO, but his credentials, for the most part, are a good fit for the club.

Maybe we are paying over the odds, but I'm sure that Aberdeen paid us over the odds.

Only time will tell if he's a success with us.

Have to say this is exactly where i am on this. You've summed it up really well.

11 minutes ago, lenziebud said:

Yep i agree and FTOF summed up well.

I'm just not on a happy clappy ride with Robinson. My view is "he will do"

I think your post is what we call 'hedging your bets'.

If he fails, you can say "see, I told you so".

If he succeeds, you can say "see, I knew he had it in him ".

Arseful of splinters. Good work. 😁😁😁

14 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Kinda where I am too.

Could you imagine the social media outrage if we had promoted our physio Kevin Bain to the managers position like we did with Ricky McFarlane? 😂 

22 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

I think your post is what we call 'hedging your bets'.

If he fails, you can say "see, I told you so".

If he succeeds, you can say "see, I knew he had it in him ".

Arseful of splinters. Good work. 😁😁😁

No its just me saying i'm not coming on here saying he is a great appointment etc when imo he is the result of no better candidate being available at this point. If JG had moved end of the season i think we would have been appointing better!

On your post i very much hope its the latter

Anyway glad he's in place for Wed as we have a couple of big games coming in next few days. Be nice to get new manager bounce

Edited by lenziebud

34 minutes ago, lenziebud said:

No its just me saying i'm not coming on here saying he is a great appointment etc when imo he is the result of no better candidate being available at this point. If JG had moved end of the season i think we would have been appointing better!

On your post i very much hope its the latter

Anyway glad he's in place for Wed as we have a couple of big games coming in next few days. Be nice to get new manager bounce

But JG didn't stay to the end of the season so we are where  we are. From what I can see , at this point in time , there isn't a great choice and at least two who we fancied aren't interested in joining us  . We are probably getting as good as we can at the present time. He is experienced but still young . We could have done much worse