Stephen Robinson

TopCat

34 minutes ago, billyg said:

Having taken time to digest this appointment , I 'm thinking it's pretty meh really. He had highs and lows with Motherwell . He did sign some big dumplings as well. I'm hoping he's a success but it's not a given !

Didn't end particularly well for him at Fir Park but whilst there is never any guarantee of success this looks, on paper anyway, to be fairly low risk.

We've been through an awful lot as a club (and an awful lot of money) to get close to establishing ourselves as a proper Premiership club and not just one that flirts with relegation every season. The market wasn't exactly awash with outstanding candidates and Robinson looks a pretty safe pair of hands to me.

This wasn't the time to gamble on a rookie IMHO.

39 minutes ago, David Boyd said:

Seeing on a website sportekz that St Mirren managers salary around 325k?

Had no idea we paid anything like this. 

Gobsmacked if true. But not sure I believe it

This is our accounts for 2019 and 2020.

Going by 2020 figures if you divide our total wage bill (£2.65m) by 42 players (completely ignoring the 35 admin and management staff) the average salary is only £65k so you can take from that he was on nowhere near 325k.

Screen Shot 2022-02-22 at 17.12.14.png

57 minutes ago, billyg said:

Stockton already failed badly in the Scottish league , not for me !

I wouldn't write him off after a only few games up here billy,  seems to have hit a bit of form of late, if he can score goals in league one he can score here too. Top scorer in league with a bottom 4 club

Don't think we'll see him up here mind as it won't have gone unnoticed down there either,  

3 hours ago, stlucifer said:

I suspect Goodwin will be disappointed with not losing Brown. I'm pretty certain he didn't want him as a coach but, given the fact Brown made his move from Celtic for a coaching role to progress into management, JG may well be stuck with a coach he didn't want or a very senior player who will be much less than happy. Disruption in the Don's dressing room? A tricky old situation for the new manager.

I suspect Goodwin is over joyed he didn't lose Brown. I'm pretty certain he'll see him as a future coach and will certainly move into management. He'll be happy he's got such a leader in his squad who will be up for the challenges they face. Disruption in the Aberdeen dressing room, not a chance, a great situation for a new manager. 

(All of the above is pure speculation/made up shite, but it seems that's the trend over the last few days) 

Edited by faraway saint

2 hours ago, LargsBud said:

Going by 2020 figures if you divide our total wage bill (£2.65m) by 42 players (completely ignoring the 35 admin and management staff) the average salary is only £65k so you can take from that he was on nowhere near 325k.

Pension contributions aren't the best !

3 hours ago, LargsBud said:

I certainly don't really believe the 325k figure either. However the argument that the Ave is 65 is pretty meaningless tbh. 

If you did take out 325k for the manager then divide the remainder by the other 41.then it gives an average of approx 55k.which would still probably be in line with player salaries. So the accounts actually don't prove a thing. 

However as I said. I can't believe provincial clubs in Scotland are paying managers these amounts. 

If they are then it must simply be TV money that's paying this. 

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

I suspect Goodwin is over joyed he didn't lose Brown. I'm pretty certain he'll see him as a future coach and will certainly move into management. He'll be happy he's got such a leader in his squad who will be up for the challenges they face. Disruption in the Aberdeen dressing room, not a chance, a great situation for a new manager. 

(All of the above is pure speculation/made up shite, but it seems that's the trend over the last few days) 

And you're stating facts? You really are an arrogant person. No one can be right except you. No wonder you're widely ridiculed.

Edited by stlucifer

3 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

And you're stating facts? You really are an arrogant person. No one can be right except you. No wonder you're widely ridiculed.

Can't you read?

Widely ridiculed, aye Thicky & Shull, I'm hurt. :1eye

All made up shite, like most of your posts not Feck off you Grade A idiot. :byebye

Edited by faraway saint

Just now, faraway saint said:

Can't you read?

All made up shite, like most of your posts not Feck off you Grade A idiot. :byebye

More name calling. Not unexpected given your history. Now go and make up some more of YOUR nonsense. Better still. Stick to emojis. They are more sensible than your posts.

Not difficult mind you.

12 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

6 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

More name calling. Not unexpected given your history.

Name calling, irony again, I could look over a few of your posts for more but I can't be arsed.

As I said, feck off, you know it makes sense, ya dullard. :byebye

4 hours ago, Cookie Monster said:
4 hours ago, Doakes said:
Believe Goodwin was on 300k so sounds about right 

That would have been for 3 years.

6 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

He'll more likely be on £325k over the length of his deal. Not per year.

Aye that seems to be more likely. 

PS To clarify, if Goodwin was on £300k over his contract. 

Edited by faraway saint

4 hours ago, Doakes said:

Believe Goodwin was on 300k so sounds about right 

My first thought was that Goodie was on £100k a year and the £250 comp was the outstanding balance of his contract was his agreed release fee . With a further £50k being compensation for Lee Sharp . I,m also wondering if the £85k mentioned as Robertsons release fee was a years wages and was maybe agreed in his contract . 

Purely speculation..just what I think .

1 hour ago, stlucifer said:

I think you’ve misread FS’s post mate.

He stated his view but then effectively stated that his view was “made up shite” just like all the other views i.e. none of us know we are all just speculating and proffering our own views.

I think if you read it again you’ll see that. 👍

2 hours ago, David Boyd said:

I certainly don't really believe the 325k figure either. However the argument that the Ave is 65 is pretty meaningless tbh. 

If you did take out 325k for the manager then divide the remainder by the other 41.then it gives an average of approx 55k.which would still probably be in line with player salaries. So the accounts actually don't prove a thing. 

However as I said. I can't believe provincial clubs in Scotland are paying managers these amounts. 

Gate receipts are important but don’t make up the proportion they did a generation ago. TV money  is now very important as is prize money which is fuelled by sponsorship of the league. Commercial income through effective use of club sponsorship and match day hospitality add to this as does non match day income for clubs which have invested in areas which allow this. We don’t have income from space  rental nor from everyday use of the hospitality suite. The latter helps support clubs like St Johnstone whilst Livvy, I think get rental income from offices. Cut short …we don’t have the financial resources to pay that kind of money to a manager.

Edited by Rascal

2 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

Aye but according to some he was due to triple his wages at Aberdeen, so he must be on a £million up there! 😂 

Some people still believe in the tooth fairy.

2 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

From what I've been told, we were looking at offering Jack Ross about £200k p/a. 

130k p/a for 2.5 years doesn't seem outwith the realms of possibility, but it does surprise me that that's the highest amount we've ever paid a manager. 

Aye but according to some he was due to triple his wages at Aberdeen, so he must be on a £million up there! [emoji23] 
Some people still believe in the tooth fairy.
And lots of people still believe in a god. The world's population is mainly made up of people that are disconnected from reality in one respect or another.

3 hours ago, David Boyd said:

My point is more that you aren't going to have a manager on 325k with players averaging 60k. They will all be in line with each other hence the point in an average.