Stephen Robinson

TopCat

Potentially a fantastic bit of business by Saints, who have obviously done their homework, drawn up a shortlist, identified a preferred candidate and gone out of their way to get what they want.
Nice to see us on the front foot and aiming high.

Robinson speaks very well, is experienced in our league, and seems the perfect fit to take us up another step. [emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]

Sent from my HD1913 using Tapatalk

9 hours ago, dumbarton_bud said:

From what I've been told, we were looking at offering Jack Ross about £200k p/a. 

130k p/a for 2.5 years doesn't seem outwith the realms of possibility, but it does surprise me that that's the highest amount we've ever paid a manager. 

£2.5k p/w sounds about right for highest paid manager at the club.

Realistically, who will we ever have paid more to? You could say at a push Stubbs but then we were freshly promoted at that point and not at all established so it's highly unlikely.

2 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

£2.5k p/w sounds about right for highest paid manager at the club.

Realistically, who will we ever have paid more to? You could say at a push Stubbs but then we were freshly promoted at that point and not at all established so it's highly unlikely.

Don't know why but I had it in my head that we were paying Jack Ross about £150k around the time he was being linked with Dundee/Ipswich, when promotion was basically a certainty and we could speculate a little. 

That said, the £2.5k a week figure makes a lot more sense when you put it in that context. 

I have a mate in London who played with West Ham and his best mate is Jon Obika. At the moment Jon is playing for Morcambe. I wonder could we see an old face back in the summer. Anyway great appointment is Stephen as our new manager 
At the moment we’re okay for strikers but one more who we know all about wouldn’t go amiss 
Is he not contracted until 2023 with them anyway?

Sent from my IN2023 using Tapatalk

19 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Name calling, irony again, I could look over a few of your posts for more but I can't be arsed.

As I said, feck off, you know it makes sense, ya dullard. :byebye

Telling the truth without abuse is hardly name calling. The adjective is not only true but very apt.

26 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

You, as expected, don't have the grace to admit you fecked up, similar to your blunder on the correct scores thread.

Barefaced right enough. 🙄

Think you dropped this. ETA. Before you pick it up and get back in your cot, could you point me in the direction of a thread with that title?

image.png.b339192d92cbbf04dadedf0c388868a7.pngI wouldn't worry about looking. Not like you to make things up. Hmmmm.

Edited by stlucifer

30 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

Think you dropped this. ETA. Before you pick it up and get back in your cot, could you point me in the direction of a thread with that title?

image.png.b339192d92cbbf04dadedf0c388868a7.pngI wouldn't worry about looking. Not like you to make things up. Hmmmm.

Dear oh dear, that'll do, maybe we'll bump into each other one day, see ye. :byebye

36 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Dear oh dear, that'll do, maybe we'll bump into each other one day, see ye. :byebye

Shakling inmy boots! Look forward tomeeting you for a "pint" hardman.

Oh. And. Here's someone else who is in doubt about your definite claim Goodie wants Broonie.

Aberdeen told to 'give Scott Brown the respect he deserves' with Celtic legend's future up in the air - Football Scotland

Now. Go back to your dummy. It'll be like looking in a mirror.

Edited by stlucifer

29 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

Oh. And. Here's someone else who is in doubt about your definite claim Goodie wants Broonie.

Goodwin said after the weekend draw with Motherwell that he plans to hold talks with Brown on Monday and although he might not be involved in coaching he wants him to remain at Pittodrie as a player.

Just now, pod said:

Goodwin said after the weekend draw with Motherwell that he plans to hold talks with Brown on Monday and although he might not be involved in coaching he wants him to remain at Pittodrie as a player.

Which is what I was alluding to in my original post. I'm not sure Goodie would want such a high profile player casting his shadow and I'm not sure Broonie would be happy to drop back to being "just" a player. Like I said. Interesting times.

4 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

Which is what I was alluding to in my original post. I'm not sure Goodie would want such a high profile player casting his shadow and I'm not sure Broonie would be happy to drop back to being "just" a player. Like I said. Interesting times.

He will have to drop a couple of divisions if he see his future in management, even coaching me think or stay where he's handsomely paid for now.

From what I heard both Brown and Naismith were not in the running for anything. It was them "leaking" to the press about the link to a vacancy. This was so they themselves could gauge what the response and chat was around this. Then the stories come out once they know what the response is to say they pulled out the running.

4 minutes ago, Mainstand Sweary Mob said:

From what I heard both Brown and Naismith were not in the running for anything. It was them "leaking" to the press about the link to a vacancy. This was so they themselves could gauge what the response and chat was around this. Then the stories come out once they know what the response is to say they pulled out the running.

So what about the Shelley Kerr thing ? 

45 minutes ago, Mainstand Sweary Mob said:

Well I can categorically confirm that is not the case. Well, in respect of Naismith anyway. Not sure about Brown. 

8 hours ago, dumbarton_bud said:

Don't know why but I had it in my head that we were paying Jack Ross about £150k around the time he was being linked with Dundee/Ipswich, when promotion was basically a certainty and we could speculate a little. 

That said, the £2.5k a week figure makes a lot more sense when you put it in that context. 

We were paying Gus a lot of money back in 2009/10