Stephen Robinson

TopCat

11 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

£2.5k p/w sounds about right for highest paid manager at the club.

Realistically, who will we ever have paid more to? You could say at a push Stubbs but then we were freshly promoted at that point and not at all established so it's highly unlikely.

We’ve paid a manager well before and from what I was told it was more than 2.5k pw

Edited by norrie82

1 hour ago, Mainstand Sweary Mob said:

From what I heard both Brown and Naismith were not in the running for anything. It was them "leaking" to the press about the link to a vacancy. This was so they themselves could gauge what the response and chat was around this. Then the stories come out once they know what the response is to say they pulled out the running.

Sent from my IN2023 using Tapatalk

Naismith was definitely interviewed.

I'm looking forward to seeing how we'll line up v Hearts. I expected no change at all v Dundee given the short period of time between Robinson appointment and the game. He's had a wee bit of time to see if he has the players to play his preferred formation. I do expect to see an attacking setup.

21 hours ago, stlucifer said:

I'm looking forward to seeing how we'll line up v Hearts. I expected no change at all v Dundee given the short period of time between Robinson appointment and the game. He's had a wee bit of time to see if he has the players to play his preferred formation. I do expect to see an attacking setup.

Preferred he stuck to our winning formation.  

Edited by pod

8 minutes ago, pod said:

Preferred he stuck to our winning formation.  

I know but I can't see any manager coming in and not putting his stamp on things. I envisage a slightly more attacking setup with Robinson. I do think he's unlikely to tinker short term. We wait and see.

On 2/23/2022 at 5:37 PM, pod said:

Goodwin said after the weekend draw with Motherwell that he plans to hold talks with Brown on Monday and although he might not be involved in coaching he wants him to remain at Pittodrie as a player.

On 2/23/2022 at 5:39 PM, stlucifer said:

Which is what I was alluding to in my original post. I'm not sure Goodie would want such a high profile player casting his shadow and I'm not sure Broonie would be happy to drop back to being "just" a player. Like I said. Interesting times.

Scott Brown sees Aberdeen role change as Jim Goodwin admits 'I'm a bit of a control freak' - Daily Record

As I suspected. Brown keeps his title but not too much else. I'm still not sure how he'll really react even with Goodie saying he's "not too down".

7 minutes ago, Sidmirren said:

Seems Tiny Tim, the idiot from Arbroath has spent Friday drinking too many Babychams. He continues to abuse , troll and belittle St Mirren fans.. What a pathetic wee bully.

I wouldn't be overly concerned. It's like being taunted by a tot. He's only a hardman in his own mind. Most know he's a wet blanket of an individual.

4 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

I wouldn't be overly concerned. It's like being taunted by a tot. He's only a hardman in his own mind. Most know he's a wet blanket of an individual.

^^^^^^^^^ Sinking lower every day, not teaming up with THE troll of the forum. :lol:

Wet blanket, aye, coming from a guy who can empty a room withing minutes. :lol:

18 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

IRONY of the highest quality. :lol:

I have never abused, trolled or belittled a St Mirren fan and I never will. You on the other hand have abused, trolled, belittled and bullied lots of St Mirren fans, Just to make yourself big and hard which you most certainly are not, you little twerp.