Stephen Robinson

TopCat

3 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

What really irritated me was the way he harked back to our bad run under Goodwin and then glossed over the more recent really good run JUST BEFORE HE JOINED. 
What a horrible Teflon wee snake. 

To be fair, he did refer to it, but pointed out that during that spell we played Kelty Hearts and Ayr.

Under his poor spell we have played Celtic, Hearts (x2) and Dundee Utd, plus an in-form Ross County side.

His record is poor, nobody can deny that, however we were unlucky to lose to Ross County and Dundee Utd. The thing that really bothers me about Robinson is the fact he swore at fans, and he needs to at least take some responsibility for the defeats.

Just now, W6er said:

To be fair, he did refer to it, but pointed out that during that spell we played Kelty Hearts and Ayr.

Under his poor spell we have played Celtic, Hearts (x2) and Dundee Utd, plus an in-form Ross County side.

His record is poor, nobody can deny that, however we were unlucky to lose to Ross County and Dundee Utd. The thing that really bothers me about Robinson is the fact he swore at fans, and he needs to at least take some responsibility for the defeats.

We weren’t unlucky to lose to County and United, we were absolutely dreadful in those games and everyone with half a brain seen that Dundee United winner coming, we absolutely got what we deserved.

We are piss poor, tactics remind of the stubbs era, no player looks like they actually know what they are meant to be doing and the less said about the managers substitution’s the better, abysmal.

1 hour ago, SuperSaints1877 said:

The guy is 37. The last thing we need in our team is an ageing player on very high wages who may not even play that often. 

Seriously!? Davis would be a fabulous signing, and professional footballers can play a lot longer nowadays. Craig Brewster played well into his forties, and Giggs played until 40.  

1 minute ago, JJ McG said:

We weren’t unlucky to lose to County and United, we were absolutely dreadful in those games and everyone with half a brain seen that Dundee United winner coming, we absolutely got what we deserved.

We are piss poor, tactics remind of the stubbs era, no player looks like they actually know what they are meant to be doing and the less said about the managers substitution’s the better, abysmal.

It was a game of two halves. Yes, the substitutions weren't the best, but Robinson's still getting to know the players.

I'm not a fan of his, btw. I think that we could have done better than him. However, does anybody actually believe we should sack him now? Or should we try to get behind him and see how the team does over the rest of the season?

1 hour ago, W6er said:

Ffs mate, I’ll give you the Celtic game but are we writing off our chances now against teams like Hearts, Dundee Utd (who we beat at Tannadice a few weeks before) and an “in form” Ross County.

I’ll think you’re wide of the mark mate, if you think he didn’t deliberately play down our good spell in order to take the focus off himself. Totally inexcusable in my opinion. If I was one of the players I’d be thinking, who the f**k do you think you are you snide little shit.

I’ve been really put off him by this episode. Don’t like him at all and going by their performances under him, neither do the players. 

5 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Ffs mate, I’ll give you the Celtic game but are we writing off our chances now against teams like Hearts, Dundee Utd (who we beat at Tannadice a few weeks before) and an “in form” Ross County.

I’ll think you’re wide of the mark mate, if you think he didn’t deliberately play down our good spell in order to take the focus off himself. Totally inexcusable in my opinion. If I was one of the players I’d be thinking, who the f**k do you think you are you snide little shit.

I’ve been really put off him by this episode. Don’t like him at all and going by their performances under him, neither do the players. 

I agree we should be going into games against Dundee Utd, Hearts and Ross County believing we are as good as them if we are serious about being a top 6 team. 

That's the bit that's missing our manager should be installing that belief not belittling the team. 

Just checked back. Prior to Robinson taking over we had lost one game in 11 which was away to Rangers. That included a draw against Celtic and wins over Aberdeen, Hibs, Dundee Utd and St. Johnstone. Yet Robinson’s version of that was that we were only playing the like of Ayr and Kelty. 
c**t!

Yet under him we’ve been gubbed off everyone bar a very late winner against the bottom team.

The guy has such a brass neck it’s unbelievable. 

18 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Maybe you have missed the fact that when Goody took over at Dons they were Below us in the league - they are now above us, albeit on Goal difference .  

CG. No. I get that. Am I happy as things have turned out? No. Do I blame everything on the new manager? No. But, and I know that I am repeating myself, fine margins are making a big difference right now. Like you and others , I hope things improve but my goodness it’s all edge of the seat stuff and has been all season.

Jim Goodwin was our manager for three years and unfortunately he didn't achieve the top six despite his undoubted enthusiasm for our club which must be universally admired.  But this f**king Robinson has been manager for a few weeks and has totally failed and should be driven out ASAP.  What an arsehole!!

7 minutes ago, Jockmd said:

Jim Goodwin was our manager for three years and unfortunately he didn't achieve the top six despite his undoubted enthusiasm for our club which must be universally admired.  But this f**king Robinson has been manager for a few weeks and has totally failed and should be driven out ASAP.  What an arsehole!!

Jock. A genuine question. What position were we in when JG left?

Edited by Rascal

I’ve stated my position on other platforms.  I am NOT in the “ Robbo Out “ camp . Not yet anyway 🙄.
He must be given time to get his own players in and get those players playing a style of play that he and his staff want . 
Time will tell if he was / is the right appointment .  
His time at Saints should be judged on what his team does …….however., does that mean he should be immune to criticism with what he has achieved with the current lot ?  Certainly not in my opinion . Neither should the current crop of players be immune.   Pointing out our failings and shortcomings doesn’t make you a knickerwetter, denying there is any problem or brushing off the rapidly deteriorating and increasingly worrying situation is delusional. 

Robinson was brought in and given a 2 1/2 year deal .  The 1/2 part was a brief to keep the momentum going and cement as high a finish as possible from a very strong starting point , to date he has spectacularly failed in that brief .

Let’s hope we finish 10th or better this season and we spend the next season and beyond wondering what the fuss  was all about  .  Fingers crossed 🤞 

13 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

I’ve stated my position on other platforms.  I am NOT in the “ Robbo Out “ camp . Not yet anyway 🙄.
He must be given time to get his own players in and get those players playing a style of play that he and his staff want . 
Time will tell if he was / is the right appointment .  
His time at Saints should be judged on what his team does …….however., does that mean he should be immune to criticism with what he has achieved with the current lot ?  Certainly not in my opinion . Neither should the current crop of players be immune.   Pointing out our failings and shortcomings doesn’t make you a knickerwetter, denying there is any problem or brushing off the rapidly deteriorating and increasingly worrying situation is delusional. 

Robinson was brought in and given a 2 1/2 year deal .  The 1/2 part was a brief to keep the momentum going and cement as high a finish as possible from a very strong starting point , to date he has spectacularly failed in that brief .

Let’s hope we finish 10th or better this season and we spend the next season and beyond wondering what the fuss  was all about  .  Fingers crossed 🤞 

Tend to agree. On JG. At Aberdeen he has seen off Scot Brown, announced that some players are simply not fit enough and is now getting rid of two of his back room staff. Add to that his expressed interest in three St Mirren players and the fact that they, like us, are presently outside the top six and level with us on points. Hasn’t been plain sailing there either for Jim.

5 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

It doesn’t show that at all . 

Correction St Mirren Bottom Equal with Dundee. One place above are Aberdeen. Remarkable perhaps that all three have new managers. So much for the new manager bounce.

Edited by Rascal

7 minutes ago, Rascal said:

Correction St Mirren Bottom Equal with Dundee. One place above are Aberdeen. Remarkable perhaps that all three have new managers. So much for the new manager bounce.

So Aberdeen are NOT second bottom as you stated .   It’s not difficult . 

Aberdeen :  W1. D3 L2 

Saints. :        W1  D0 L5 

I don’t think anyone can argue that dons are doing well ….. but we are doing a helluva lot worse. 

Edited by Callum Gilhooley

Robinson's attitude stinks. Sarcastic clapping of the fans , and throwing the players under a bus yesterday. I would be biting the bullet , getting shot of him , and let McManus , Webster and Langfield see us through till the close season. I'm certain we would win more points under them in the next six games than we would do with Robinson !

4 hours ago, W6er said:

Seriously!? Davis would be a fabulous signing, and professional footballers can play a lot longer nowadays. Craig Brewster played well into his forties, and Giggs played until 40.  

Davis' game was all about speed , box to box . He's done at our level now , so it's a no thanks from me !

15 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

So Aberdeen are NOT second bottom as you stated .   It’s not difficult . 

Aberdeen :  W1. D3 L2 

Saints. :        W1  D0 L5 

I don’t think anyone can argue that dons are doing well ….. but we are doing a helluva lot worse. 

The list has SM bottom on 3 points from 6 and Dundee on 3 points from six and above them Aberdeen on 6 from 6. Ties in with Aberdeen being on the same number of points as us now

I have seen every game this season and I honestly cant believe people are surprised at where we are in the league. We have been so poor for 90% of it ! As were a lot of other teams, this was the only reason we had a chance of top 6.  I told my brothers 4 months ago I would take 10th place this season...... I still stick by that now, as I imagine would most saints fans right now. Even our good run was fortunate. The games we won we were outplayed in and sneaked a win. Anyone who cant, or wont admit this is delusional. 10th place then start afresh next season.

26 minutes ago, Rascal said:

The list has SM bottom on 3 points from 6 and Dundee on 3 points from six and above them Aberdeen on 6 from 6. Ties in with Aberdeen being on the same number of points as us now

Also ties in with the fact that 6 games ago they were below us and now they are above us.  Which part of this are you having difficulty with ? 🙄

The stats are there for even Stevie f**king Wonder to see . Yes, Dons / JG are not doing great but In the last six games they have amassed 100% more f**king points than us !!!