Stephen Robinson

TopCat

Can't help but feel sorry for you guys that you've got such a clown as a manager. Everybody at Morecambe is delighted he's gone as without doubt he talks a good game but the results on the field show a complete lack of any responsibility for the failings in his tactical approach which is laughable. He blamed everybody at our club and it appears he's doing the same with your squad.

How on earth any team can perform when the manager blames them all for not being up to it is ridiculous?

I genuinely hope that by some miracle your results never mind performances improve as you deserve a lot better than a clown at the helm.

Whatever your BoD were thinking when they decided he was for you and even agreed a fee for his services needs some serious questions to be asked to their competence.  However the same could and has been said of our Board who like yourselves have been hoodwinked by his slick talk and convincing demeanour.

Wishing you all the best for the rest the season.....

Will we become Motherwell reserves under Stephen Robinson?

I hope we don't get drawn in to the play offs I fear for us if we do.

It is certainly not going well and its a slippery slope if you 

publicly criticize players, has he lost the dressing room?

The real blame must really lie with whoever sanctioned the appointment of Robinson. The manager should be chased, but the person who hired him should also be hunted. It was madness to go after someone with such a poor recent record. If Robinson is allowed to continue and we miraculously stay up, my betting is he will try and recruit from English lower and non league. That’s been tried before and it won’t work. We will lose our next match and go into five games against relegation rivals. I fear for us against any team with a bit of fight, as we have none. 

The real blame must really lie with whoever sanctioned the appointment of Robinson. The manager should be chased, but the person who hired him should also be hunted. It was madness to go after someone with such a poor recent record. If Robinson is allowed to continue and we miraculously stay up, my betting is he will try and recruit from English lower and non league. That’s been tried before and it won’t work. We will lose our next match and go into five games against relegation rivals. I fear for us against any team with a bit of fight, as we have none. 
I blame you, you never joined SMISA so denying us the chance to vote for you onto the board.

You seem to have all the answers. [emoji1787]

10 minutes ago, Saint@Johnstone said:

We need a football plan that we stick to regardless  of who is manager ,young  hungry  players back up with guys no older than 26 and a game plan that the club ,including  the academy ,stick to.

It might mean time in the championship  ,but we as a fan owned club ,dig in our pockets again if we can see real progress.

2 minutes ago, Ethan said:

The bottom 6 teams are bottom on merit and will all be devoid of confidence. We go into these fixtures on the same footing. Get our defence playing tight again and we should be ok. 

A lot of truth in what you wrote Ethan but we don’t yet know exactly which six clubs will make up the bottom six (or even if we will be in it). I don’t bet apart from the lottery and am a mug for doing that but I might feel safe from automatic relegation if both Dundee lose on Saturday whether or not we pick up a point or three on Sunday. Being safe from being in a play off place is harder to be sure about. Six points is not a gap when both Saints have to play each other. But a tense end to the season retains interest in the games. I think we might have to win in Perth to be sure. They have taken 10 points from their last 6 games and ourselves only 3 from the same number. If we take 10 points from our last six games then not only do we stay up but also beat last seasons points total. A lot to play for!

On 4/3/2022 at 4:01 PM, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Just checked back. Prior to Robinson taking over we had lost one game in 11 which was away to Rangers. That included a draw against Celtic and wins over Aberdeen, Hibs, Dundee Utd and St. Johnstone. Yet Robinson’s version of that was that we were only playing the like of Ayr and Kelty. 
c**t!

Yet under him we’ve been gubbed off everyone bar a very late winner against the bottom team.

The guy has such a brass neck it’s unbelievable. 

We have been utter junk all season. We were a better team last season.

We won against as poor an Aberdeen side as you will see. We fluked a win at Hibs. But for Anwick we could have been 2 or 3 down at half time versus StJ. The chances missed by United were a disgrace too. Motherwell battered us an finally scored in last seconds.

How Aberdeen appointed Goodwin i'll never know.

I stated at the time i wasn't convinced by Robinson appointment despite the vast majority on here welcoming it

His man management for me is hugely suspect, flies off the handle and irrational. He has had one good season at Motherwell and that is it.

For me though we need to  get over the line this season. Allow him to get his own players in and then really judge.

If Goodwin had stayed I'm not truly convinced we'd have beeen a whole lot better but we'll never know.

Edited by lenziebud

5 hours ago, renfrew156 said:

Will we become Motherwell reserves under Stephen Robinson?

I hope we don't get drawn in to the play offs I fear for us if we do.

It is certainly not going well and its a slippery slope if you 

publicly criticize players, has he lost the dressing room?

The players need their backsides booted but Robinson is the wrong person to do it. Ran away from Motherwell and left them in a mess. Preserved his rep from season before but was taking them down.

He's going  nowhere atm so we better just hope its not another Stubbs but it has all the hallmarks.

Edited by lenziebud

3 hours ago, Ethan said:

The bottom 6 teams are bottom on merit and will all be devoid of confidence. We go into these fixtures on the same footing. Get our defence playing tight again and we should be ok. 

One of those teams is so devoid of confidence that they are currently sitting 4th on the form tables ! 🙄

We have, I believe, 11 players in the squad who’s contracts run out, or loan period ends at the end of the season. Whatever Robinson is accused off that wasn’t his doing.  Little in the way of a surprise that he has started recruiting for next season already. It’s easy to see where friction would arise between manager and players as he sounds them out or them him on plans for the coming season. Jim had already shipped some out in the January window with more to come. This doesn’t excuse him or the players of putting in poor performances but going on winning or losing streaks seems to have been the norm for every team outside the top 3 and the bottom team. Consequently, the form guide based on the last six matches may not tell the whole story. Still worrying though as a fan.

4 minutes ago, Jockmd said:

A miss is good as a mile.  

That answers the question Jock.

Clearly, no one has been impressed by the performances or the results under SR but he is here now and for the next 2.5 years. Time to forget JG or anyone who has gone before. I have been at all but one of the matches live. In most we were competitive. We didn’t get the rub of the green v RC or Dundee United but we did against Dundee. That saw us take 3 points from 9. I don’t think we deserved to lose to either RC or DU. Motherwell didn’t have to play well to bear us despite us scoring two . Add two points on for the games I thought we deserved a draw from and take 2 points each off RC and DU and see the difference that would make. A season where slip ups are exceptionally costly. SR is clearly hurting, his own confidence looks fragile. His job now is to keep us in this league, get 45 points or more and build a team to compete for a top six place. He has started, with 11 out of contract in the summer , he has a lot to do.

16 hours ago, Rascal said:

We have, I believe, 11 players in the squad who’s contracts run out, or loan period ends at the end of the season. Whatever Robinson is accused off that wasn’t his doing.  Little in the way of a surprise that he has started recruiting for next season already. It’s easy to see where friction would arise between manager and players as he sounds them out or them him on plans for the coming season. Jim had already shipped some out in the January window with more to come. This doesn’t excuse him or the players of putting in poor performances but going on winning or losing streaks seems to have been the norm for every team outside the top 3 and the bottom team. Consequently, the form guide based on the last six matches may not tell the whole story. Still worrying though as a fan.

We may have a lot of players out of contract but, as far as has been reported, he didn't "sound them out". He basically shipped them out. The last thing any manager should do is upset the applecart. He knocked the wheels off it while we still needed points on the board. I can only assume he mistakenly thought we were safe. He needed to tell ALL the players they had a chance to extend their stay if they applied themselves. Clean slate is the usual term. He chose to slate the players instead.

Edited by stlucifer

1 minute ago, stlucifer said:

We may have a lot of players out of contract but, as far as has been reported, he didn't "sound them out". He basically shipped them out. The last thing any manager should do is upset the applecart. He knocked the wheels off it while we still needed points on the board. I can only assume he mistakenly thought we were safe. He needed ALL the players they had a chance to extend their stay if they applied themselves. Clean slate is the usual term. He chose to slate the players instead.

There are two stories out there St L. One that he did the approaching and the other that players made their positions clear. Which ever one it is, and I don’t think we can be sure which is right the thing for me is that all of this stuff should definitely take place behind closed doors. I don’t mind any manager saying that he wants to add 4 or 5 players to improve the quality of the squad, add pace or whatever. They all do that. Had he won a couple more games then nobody would be interested IMO. He is here, he has started recruiting and the sooner he has players that he wants and who want to be here and play to his style and instructions the better. The other route is anarchy and a slide down that could last for a long time. For me - the board have appointed him. He has a job to do. Let him get on with it without all of us playing at Football Manager or being nostalgic for some past manager who went on willingly to pastures new as the last three have.

1 minute ago, Rascal said:

There are two stories out there St L. One that he did the approaching and the other that players made their positions clear. Which ever one it is, and I don’t think we can be sure which is right the thing for me is that all of this stuff should definitely take place behind closed doors. I don’t mind any manager saying that he wants to add 4 or 5 players to improve the quality of the squad, add pace or whatever. They all do that. Had he won a couple more games then nobody would be interested IMO. He is here, he has started recruiting and the sooner he has players that he wants and who want to be here and play to his style and instructions the better. The other route is anarchy and a slide down that could last for a long time. For me - the board have appointed him. He has a job to do. Let him get on with it without all of us playing at Football Manager or being nostalgic for some past manager who went on willingly to pastures new as the last three have.

I cannot imagine a scenario where a number of players go to a manager and tell him they won't be looking for a contract. UNLESS they all decided that manager was an ahole and they couldn't work for/with him. It is much more likely, given his public condemnation of said players, en masse, that the declaration was from manager to players.

7 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

I cannot imagine a scenario where a number of players go to a manager and tell him they won't be looking for a contract. UNLESS they all decided that manager was an ahole and they couldn't work for/with him. It is much more likely, given his public condemnation of said players, en masse, that the declaration was from manager to players.

I didn’t suggest that they would or did. All I am saying is that I don’t completely buy the nonsense that’s out there. As a famous essayist said “there is much (or nothing) to be said for both sides.” The words in brackets are mine. A slow news day when this went out. I prefer to read that we have made an early signing. A statement of intent. All about opinions. I accept that.

Yeah it all feels a bit Ian Murray to me. Looked a good appointment on paper, and most fans were happy with it. Within a few weeks it became clear it wasn't going to work.

He certainly shouldn't and won't be sacked, and he will get the summer if he keeps us up - surely he couldn't relegate us? Hard to imagine a worse start though, he seems to have lost the dressing room and alot of the supporters.