Stephen Robinson

TopCat

14 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

It’s just a complete exaggeration. There is an outside chance of us ending up in the play-offs. If we win one of those five games, St Johnstone need to win three, just to level us on points. 

Yes but there is absolutely no chance this mob are going to win 1 game 

4 minutes ago, Balmullo Bud said:

Agree that we are looking at a real possibility of the playoffs on our current trajectory. I don’t think we can afford to bin Robinson, both financially and reputation wise. He’s only been here for 9 games, but he’s turned the team into an absolute car crash.

I was actually happy with his appointment, seemed a safe experienced pair of hands coming into a club that were on a strong run of form. 
His man management style seems to be similar to Stubbs and he’s obviously got it wrong.
Yes, the players need to take a proper look at themselves but it’s a manager’s job to get the best out of his players’ effort and self-belief wise. He’s failed miserably and it only seems to be getting worse. I don’t buy all the chat saying they’re not his players. That shouldn’t  matter; he’s getting paid to manage a group of professional footballers that are capable of so much more. 
He needs to somehow turn it around and get back to something like the first half against Utd. That second half and his post match interviews were a depressing turning point. 

Can’t afford to bin him? Relegation will cost a lot more than binning him, trust me.

Just now, JJ McG said:

Can’t afford to bin him? Relegation will cost a lot more than binning him, trust me.

Agree totally, not only league money but tv rights, etc. along with that its harder to recruit players to get back up AND I believe championship is a harder league to get out of now that what it was.

34 minutes ago, Saint@Johnstone said:

It’s probably out with his reach to take us straight down, as Dundee are pretty far behind, but the play offs look nailed on at the moment. Assuming the board are too scared or embarrassed to admit Robinson was a catastrophic appointment, he is likely to be allowed to continue to the seasons end. I’ve already made my mind up a few weeks ago that he should be dismissed, but today’s performance, which could and should have been an even heavier defeat, ought to convince even the happiest of clappers. 

Just watched the highlights of the English saints game, 6-0 off Chelsea, made me feel a tad better about our result. Hopefully we can manage a couple of draws and secure our place in the top league. 

rangers In portugal till the wee small hours of friday, one day to prepare, we had a full week and still shipped 4 goals thats down to robinson he is incapable of training and motivating our players.  That tube stubbs went for less, the clock is ticking on this balloon robinson.

Edited by renfrew156

I was all for bagging Stubbs but with Robinson I am not quite there yet. However he doesn't help himself. After today's game he says in one sentence 'I take the blame however the boys know they have to defend better'. So he isn't taking the blame?

During the week Halliday at Hearts said he was surprised by Robinson's comments slaughtering his own players after the Well game. On Sportsound yesterday and today several commented on the same subject reckoning it does little for morale. Maybe he should stop giving interviews.

And we did play some good football under Goodwin albeit almost all away from home, and we were hard to beat. Why are the same players, especially the reliable Shaughnesey, been garbage under the new manager? What's happening that we don't know about?

It's a mess and looks like he has lost the dressing room. Are there enough players in the squad still willing to work for him?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Sonny said:

I was all for bagging Stubbs but with Robinson I am not quite there yet. However he doesn't help himself. After today's game he says in one sentence 'I take the blame however the boys know they have to defend better'. So he isn't taking the blame?

During the week Halliday at Hearts said he was surprised by Robinson's comments slaughtering his own players after the Well game. On Sportsound yesterday and today several commented on the same subject reckoning it does little for morale. Maybe he should stop giving interviews.

And we did play some good football under Goodwin albeit almost all away from home, and we were hard to beat. Why are the same players, especially the reliable Shaughnesey, been garbage under the new manager? What's happening that we don't know about?

It's a mess and looks like he has lost the dressing room. Are there enough players in the squad still willing to work for him?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

The players are professionals. They do this for a living. They have as much responsibility as the manager.

What means to be professional?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQB8XeqHIg_ZXJrXfFYqK8
Professionalism involves being reliable, setting your own high standards, and showing that you care about every aspect of your job. It's about being industrious and organized, and holding yourself accountable for your thoughts, words and actions.

33 minutes ago, Rascal said:

The players are professionals. They do this for a living. They have as much responsibility as the manager.

Professionalism involves being reliable, setting your own high standards, and showing that you care about every aspect of your job. It's about being industrious and organized, and holding yourself accountable for your thoughts, words and actions.

I know what a professional is so don't f**kin patronise me.

I think when we played hearts if we had won we were within about 4-5 points of them now we are crapping ourselves over St Johnstone. 

Robinson has a lot to answer for. If he had managed to win 2 of the games he had in charge we would either be top six or in the SC semi. 

Stubbs without the charm and personality. 

3 minutes ago, DumboBud said:

I think when we played hearts if we had won we were within about 4-5 points of them now we are crapping ourselves over St Johnstone. 

Robinson has a lot to answer for. If he had managed to win 2 of the games he had in charge we would either be top six or in the SC semi. 

Stubbs without the charm and personality. 

Aye, IF..............................we hadn't beat Dundee we'd be in real deep shit.

IF we hadn't lost a late goal against Dundee Utd we'd be a point better off.

I could go back to some of the Goodwin games but can't be arsed, we are where we are. 

Edited by faraway saint

3 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Aye, IF..............................we hadn't beat Dundee we'd be in real deep shit.

IF we hadn't lost a late goal against Dundee Utd we'd be a point better off.

I could go back to some of the Goodwin games but can't be arsed, we are where we are. 

I’m not suggesting that beating Hearts was the turning point but it shows how far a how quickly we have fallen since this clown took over. 

4 minutes ago, DumboBud said:

I’m not suggesting that beating Hearts was the turning point but it shows how far a how quickly we have fallen since this clown took over. 

Using "if's" etc isn't really worth the effort.

Aye, the facts are we've lost almost every game.

Looking a bit deeper suggests we've not been gash in every game, but, at the end of the day, points make...................:wink:

1 minute ago, Rascal said:

And Aberdeen? Since JG took over?

Robinson took over a team in a position to put pressure on the third placed team. Now after 1 win since he started we are out the cup and worried about the relegation play offs. Difficult to see anything positive that he has done so far. 

9 minutes ago, DumboBud said:

Robinson took over a team in a position to put pressure on the third placed team. Now after 1 win since he started we are out the cup and worried about the relegation play offs. Difficult to see anything positive that he has done so far. 

I’m not making a case that he has been successful so far. None of the bottom six are doing well 

7 minutes ago, Rascal said:

I’m not making a case that he has been successful so far. None of the bottom six are doing well 

Not being as bad as Brown or Naismith isn’t really a selling point. Especially when the only way they could have been worse would to have not scored a last minute winner against Dundee or to have conceded even more goals than we have. 

He'll still get next season to make his own mark on the team. I think that's fair.

Unless we get relegated. Bear in mind, we were scheduled to play a game in hand that would have taken us fourth when he got the job. That game was of course postponed which isn't his fault but given where we were at his appointment, if we get relegated in the next 5 games plus two playoffs, he will not and cannot survive. He'll have overseen the worst collapse in the club's history. Worse than losing a cup final to 9 men. Worse than losing a European tie when essentially two goals ahead in injury time.

To get relegated from the position we were in only 8 weeks ago would be unforgivable and impossible for him to recover from.

Edited by djchapsticks

3 hours ago, Rascal said:

Ooh, someone's been on a management course.

57 minutes ago, djchapsticks said:

He'll still get next season to make his own mark on the team. I think that's fair.

Unless we get relegated. Bear in mind, we were scheduled to play a game in hand that would have taken us fourth when he got the job. That game was of course postponed which isn't his fault but given where we were at his appointment, if we get relegated in the next 5 games plus two playoffs, he will not and cannot survive. He'll have overseen the worst collapse in the club's history. Worse than losing a cup final to 9 men. Worse than losing a European tie when essentially two goals ahead in injury time.

To get relegated from the position we were in only 8 weeks ago would be unforgivable and impossible for him to recover from.

Agreed, though I still think, with the squad we have, we surely have enough to get another 3 or 4 points which is realistically all we should need - and if we can't, surely we have enough to overcome the likes of Arbroath or ICT in the play offs?

Personally I'd sack him at the end of the season if we end up in the play offs, regardless of whether we win them.