Stephen Robinson

TopCat

I’ve found lots of people on Facebook with my full name, but almost entirely in America

I have zero desire for social media

Anyway, moving on…

I see 3 wins minimum in last 5 fixtures

Sorry it’s one 60% positive [emoji2]
If you don't use it, how did you find out about all these folk. [emoji14]

1 hour ago, Rascal said:

Recruited a cracking goal scorer according to earlier posts.

Had a look at the transfer history for morecambe 21/22, literally a complete change of playing staff under SR, understandably moving up a division would require a few additions but a wholesale change, perhaps not.

I'm not a happy clapper in praise of SR, indeed very much the opposite. His management style, motivating players or not in his case and lets not forget the run we are on at present.

SR is another Stubbs.

2 hours ago, Cumbriansaint72 said:

Had a look at the transfer history for morecambe 21/22, literally a complete change of playing staff under SR, understandably moving up a division would require a few additions but a wholesale change, perhaps not.

I'm not a happy clapper in praise of SR, indeed very much the opposite. His management style, motivating players or not in his case and lets not forget the run we are on at present.

SR is another Stubbs.

The amount of out of contract players this year makes it inevitable it will be mostly a new squad next year.  

I'm not over enamoured so far, however look at how county soared when Malky got his team settled. 

He's going to be in charge for the next five (or seven😬) games no matter what, so we just need to hope he can get some kind of positive reaction from the players. Not much evidence it will happen, the only thing he's done so far is made the team play much worse.

If he does keep us up I think he might end up building a decent squad in the summer and he might still turn out fine. To get that chance he just needs to keep us in 10th or higher.  If he somehow manages to relegate us then he'll simply have to go. 

Saturday is key. If we win we will go above Hibs and one of Aberdeen or Livi, we will end the day 8th and the season is effectively over. A draw would be a decent enough result, particularly if St Johnstone don't win in Dundee.  An eighth loss in nine games is the not unrealistic nightmare scenario, if that happens it's going to get even more toxic than it already is, and then to Perth...

3 hours ago, Rascal said:

Suggest you get your facts correct.....Cole Stockton was NOT a Robinson player or signing. He was in fact signed by a previous manager Jim Bentley who was replaced by Derek Adams who under his guidance Cole became a regular goal scorer and has carried that forward under the new guidance of Robinson's successor  ( thank goodness) once again Derek Adams.

Robinson would without doubt have seen us relegated long before now and so we give a huge vote of thanks for taking him off our hands (and the donation of £100,000) as he is in the eyes of many nothing more than a good talker of the game but is tactically inept as I suggest you are now coming to realize for yourselves.

16 minutes ago, shrimpsvoice said:

Suggest you get your facts correct.....Cole Stockton was NOT a Robinson player or signing. He was in fact signed by a previous manager Jim Bentley who was replaced by Derek Adams who under his guidance Cole became a regular goal scorer and has carried that forward under the new guidance of Robinson's successor  ( thank goodness) once again Derek Adams.

Robinson would without doubt have seen us relegated long before now and so we give a huge vote of thanks for taking him off our hands (and the donation of £100,000) as he is in the eyes of many nothing more than a good talker of the game but is tactically inept as I suggest you are now coming to realize for yourselves.

Thanks for the correction. Managers don’t seem to last long these days. You might well be correct on SR . You certainly must feel strongly about him to come on his new teams fans forum to share your views. That must tell us something.

2 hours ago, TopCat said:

He's going to be in charge for the next five (or seven😬) games no matter what, so we just need to hope he can get some kind of positive reaction from the players. Not much evidence it will happen, the only thing he's done so far is made the team play much worse.

If he does keep us up I think he might end up building a decent squad in the summer and he might still turn out fine. To get that chance he just needs to keep us in 10th or higher.  If he somehow manages to relegate us then he'll simply have to go. 

Saturday is key. If we win we will go above Hibs and one of Aberdeen or Livi, we will end the day 8th and the season is effectively over. A draw would be a decent enough result, particularly if St Johnstone don't win in Dundee.  An eighth loss in nine games is the not unrealistic nightmare scenario, if that happens it's going to get even more toxic than it already is, and then to Perth...

I agree with your analysis. I can’t see him going anywhere else soon..

He’s usually incorrect with all things St Mirren related.

1 hour ago, shrimpsvoice said:

I'm not a Robinson fan , but if Morecambe stay up , it'll be with his team. Dylan Connolly was a bit part player with us and I was surprised SR signed him , but he looks to be doing OK under Adams !

1 hour ago, billyg said:

I'm not a Robinson fan , but if Morecambe stay up , it'll be with his team. Dylan Connolly was a bit part player with us and I was surprised SR signed him , but he looks to be doing OK under Adams !

Dylan was in and out of our team but had real pace that we miss.

1 minute ago, santaponsasaint said:

Are the people who said give Robinson chance still saying after today. He's useless. From day the players have shown no interest in playing for him. I'll say it again. He was a poor appointment.

Sent from my SM-A526B using Tapatalk

Based on his work at Motherwell he looked a decent if uninspiring appointment. However, he seems to have made half our team turn off and stop trying which might be due to contracts ending but the 3 at the back stuff is unfathomable.  4-4-2 with Main benched and we have a slim chance of staying up.

2 minutes ago, santaponsasaint said:

Are the people who said give Robinson chance still saying after today. He's useless. From day the players have shown no interest in playing for him. I'll say it again. He was a poor appointment.

Sent from my SM-A526B using 

Panic again when we had a bit of money. Why we couldn't carry on with Langfield and McManus til the end of the season i will never know. 2 coaches who the players respected and will no doubt have carried on the work ethic and who knows.

Instead now have squandered the compensation money and will have to pay SR out along with assistant IF they have the baws to admit they have got this wrong before it's too late.

Panic again when we had a bit of money. Why we couldn't carry on with Langfield and McManus til the end of the season i will never know. 2 coaches who the players respected and will no doubt have carried on the work ethic and who knows.
Instead now have squandered the compensation money and will have to pay SR out along with assistant IF they have the baws to admit they have got this wrong before it's too late.

No panic here. Said from day 1 it was a poor appointment. Nothing he's done so far has changed my mind. Get rid now.

Sent from my SM-A526B using Tapatalk