Stephen Robinson

TopCat

I feel half resigned to the chance that we will be in the playoffs, although I think we are good enough to win it. The problem now is that we don’t look like scoring EVER so when the inevitable goal from our opponent comes we don’t look like equalising. We might get lucky next week and get a dodgy penalty or OG however I expect us to struggle and feel it could go either way. I suppose the other way to look at it is that we are still 5 points above the team that won two cups last season!! 

12 minutes ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

I feel half resigned to the chance that we will be in the playoffs, although I think we are good enough to win it. The problem now is that we don’t look like scoring EVER so when the inevitable goal from our opponent comes we don’t look like equalising. We might get lucky next week and get a dodgy penalty or OG however I expect us to struggle and feel it could go either way. I suppose the other way to look at it is that we are still 5 points above the team that won two cups last season!! 

Does matter if we are good enough to win it or not, it’s about who wants it more and that will be the team on the ascendency, we have lost 8 out of 9.

Same thing happened with killie last season, they had a better team than Dundee but they players were half arsed because lots of them were coming to the end of contracts etc. 

We keep hearing the same pish every week from Robinson, boys have looked good in training, it’s been a good week and it’s more time with the boys in training to get my ideas across etc……..

f**k knows what these ideas actually are because the team looks like it had no idea every Saturday.

29 minutes ago, JJ McG said:

If Gordon Scott was still in sole charge the trigger would of been pulled by now.

Did he not hire Stubbs in the first place? 

If we get relegated, sack Robinson. If we stay up, he deserves a shot with his own team. 

I cant help but think Scott Brown or Naismith would have got us over the line, top 6 or at least definitely safety. 

2 hours ago, Cumbriansaint72 said:

Panic again when we had a bit of money. Why we couldn't carry on with Langfield and McManus til the end of the season i will never know. 2 coaches who the players respected and will no doubt have carried on the work ethic and who knows.

Instead now have squandered the compensation money and will have to pay SR out along with assistant IF they have the baws to admit they have got this wrong before it's too late.

Don't forget our recruitment head

35 minutes ago, munoz said:

If we get relegated, sack Robinson. If we stay up, he deserves a shot with his own team. 

I cant help but think Scott Brown or Naismith would have got us over the line, top 6 or at least definitely safety. 

Naismith would of been an excellent appointment.

Bar a decent spell at Motherwell Robinson has been awful everywhere he has been, absolutel madness we paid over 100k for him as well.

6 minutes ago, JJ McG said:

Bar a decent spell at Motherwell Robinson has been awful everywhere he has been, absolutel madness we paid over 100k for him as well.

And did his decent spell not have a future Scotland star in David Turnbull in it, (who he didn’t have to find)  add him to most teams and you’d see an improvement. They imploded when he had a season out injured. 

34 minutes ago, JJ McG said:

On the plus side,  we got over £200k for the charlatan Goodwin. So far Robinson hasn't cost us a penny. 

1 hour ago, munoz said:

We'll never know but the frenzy that was going on, especially with Brown, was embarrassing.

3 hours ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

Your last sentence sums up how fickle the world of Scottish Top League football is. Changing the manager doesn’t always work…Glass, Goodwin at Aberdeen; Ross and Maloney…Hibs and Robinson at St Mirren and McGhee at Dundee come to mind.  Then again Davidson at St J has seen their fortunes fall whilst Martindale at Livvy have more or less marked time. 

3 hours ago, DumboBud said:

Difficult to imagine Brown or Naismith being worse, or indeed anyone else. 

The question isn’t will we get enough points to survive it’s whether we already have enough we are unlikely to get many more under Robinson. 

I said after the United game this team had gone and wouldn't win another league game...  I wasn't joking I meant it you would have to be a idiot to see otherwise 

Some posters on here were saying we only need to win 3 games and shit like that :lol: some serious drugs getting consumed on here 

10 hours ago, munoz said:

On the plus side,  we got over £200k for the charlatan Goodwin. So far Robinson hasn't cost us a penny. 

I think I’m right in saying that each place down the league table equates to about £85k in prize money .
When he joined we were 7th , one point off 4th with a game in hand . Currently 10th so a potential hit to the kitty of approx 250k .

Of course there are still games left and there is a chance we will climb a few places ( highly unlikely imo ) but there’s a very real danger also of dropping to the play offs.

I’ve said consistently that he must be given at least a transfer window to bring in his players however , but it’s not looking good and if his idea of a player is Curtis Main then then should we give him the kitty to spend ?

like many others my patience is starting to wear very very thin . 

Edited by Callum Gilhooley

29 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

I think I’m right in saying that each place down the league table equates to about £85k in prize money .
When he joined we were 7th , one point off 4th with a game in hand . Currently 10th so a potential hit to the kitty of approx 250k .

Of course there are still games left and there is a chance we will climb a few places ( highly unlikely imo ) but there’s a very real danger also of dropping to the play offs.

You have to count in all the lovely lucre made in the play-offs.

Buddies in their thousands will be charging down Well Street, Underwood Road and via the M8.

not forgetting the massed millions of red lichties watching on their big televisions…

4 hours ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

I’ve said consistently that he must be given at least a transfer window to bring in his players however , but it’s not looking good and if his idea of a player is Curtis Main then then should we give him the kitty to spend ?

like many others my patience is starting to wear very very thin . 

Latest odds to finish in the bottom two:

Dundee- No bets

St Johnstone - 1/10

St Mirren - 6/1

Aberdeen - 16/1

Livi and Hibs - 250/1

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/scottish-premiership/table

We are 5 points away from 7th and 5 points away from 2nd bottom. 

Edited by Rascal

19 hours ago, JJ McG said:

We need to trust the process, Robinson will come good.

Just look how Morecambe’s results have went downhill since he left 🙃

As much as I am over the moon that Robinson has gone, his record  of results is almost identical to that of the clubs current manager.

Robinson had 40 games in which to get it right. He won 10  Lost 20 and Drew 10.

Derek Adams has had  12 games and his record to date is  Won 3  Lost 6   Drew 3.

Adams has had to make do with the squad he inherited which come the close season will see a lot of departures other than those Robinson put of 2 year contracts such as Ayunga and Obika.

It is hoped that one of Robinson's better signings will return next season albeit on loan will be 'family man' Carson who lives in Barnard Castle, just over 60 minutes away from Morecambe which compared with both Paisley and  Dundee is considerably closer.