Stephen Robinson

TopCat

2 hours ago, shrimpsvoice said:

As much as I am over the moon that Robinson has gone, his record  of results is almost identical to that of the clubs current manager.

Robinson had 40 games in which to get it right. He won 10  Lost 20 and Drew 10.

Derek Adams has had  12 games and his record to date is  Won 3  Lost 6   Drew 3.

Adams has had to make do with the squad he inherited which come the close season will see a lot of departures other than those Robinson put of 2 year contracts such as Ayunga and Obika.

It is hoped that one of Robinson's better signings will return next season albeit on loan will be 'family man' Carson who lives in Barnard Castle, just over 60 minutes away from Morecambe which compared with both Paisley and  Dundee is considerably closer. 

Adams and Robinson then had identical results with 50% Loss Rate and a 25% Win and 25% Draw rate.

This nonsense about Brown and Naismith being better prospects than Robinson shows the usual fickle amongst those who react negatively to no matter who.  I can just imagine if it was Brown or Naismith in the same position and reading, 'why the f**k didn't we sign Robinson?'.

In Robinson's interview he acknowledged and took the managerial responsibility of the defeats so far, so he is aware of the sentiment of everyone's reaction.  Goodwin is going through the similar experience both of whom are using the team they inherited.

Right now we need to start giving Robinson support and tell the players to get behind their manager (if they have an issue with him which I don't think they have) and fight for US and the club.

Edited by Jockmd

If, as it looks like, we will be having a huge overhall of the squad in the summer and the board feel Robinson is the right man going forward then maybe they could let the staff look after things for the rest of the season while Robinson looks towards next season with his own players, a huge risk for both the manager and the board but is it worse than potential relegation?

Can someone please confirm that Robsinson's record is nine losses from ten games?

I hate to see us lose the £150,000 his contract's worth, but I think we have to cut our losses. I was in favour of giving him a chance, but as someone pointed out, if he's playing Curtis Main, he's clearly clueless.

ROBINSON OUT, NOW!

1 hour ago, Jockmd said:

This nonsense about Brown and Naismith being better prospects than Robinson shows the usual fickle amongst those who react negatively to no matter who.  I can just imagine if it was Brown or Naismith in the same position and reading, 'why the f**k didn't we sign Robinson?'.

In Robinson's interview he acknowledged and took the managerial responsibility of the defeats so far, so he is aware of the sentiment of everyone's reaction.  Goodwin is going through the similar experience both of whom are using the team they inherited.

Right now we need to start giving Robinson support and tell the players to get behind their manager (if they have an issue with him which I don't think they have) and fight for US and the club.

Absolutely concur. A very sensible post in amongst a sea of emotional BS

Just seen a pool over in the madhouse that is the St Mirren fans Facebook page.
Over 150 saying give the manager time.
Just over 40 say he should go.
Interesting as the most vocal on here are for shipping him out. 
Yeah quite comical both there and on here at times.

I dribbled a little pee earlier after reading a loons comments on facebook about how a player who was abused should take it. He had the biggest implosion in this sites history when someone simply called him by his actual name. [emoji1787]

On 2/21/2022 at 5:35 PM, TopCat said:

God bless the boo boys :) Motherwell never sacked him, he resigned.   Motherwell fans almost universally speak highly of them, finished third and got them to two cup finals. He's been doing pretty well at Morecambe, they are the smallest club in that league and still in with a good shout of survival.  Having a read of their forum he seems to have the backing of their support. 

Knows the league and is a proven success in it. Has good managerial experience and a lot of contacts down south. Looks like a fantastic appointment to me!

Time will tell. You could well be right but the board will have to hold its collective nerve. That is for sure. The outpouring of wrath in his direction is higher than at any time with any manager I can recall other than Stubbs. I hope he proves the doubters wrong for all the right reasons but it will be a rocky road.

15 hours ago, W6er said:

Can someone please confirm that Robsinson's record is nine losses from ten games?

I hate to see us lose the £150,000 his contract's worth, but I think we have to cut our losses. I was in favour of giving him a chance, but as someone pointed out, if he's playing Curtis Main, he's clearly clueless.

ROBINSON OUT, NOW!

Should have skipped Main and went straight to pudding.

10 hours ago, Rascal said:

Time will tell. You could well be right but the board will have to hold its collective nerve. That is for sure. The outpouring of wrath in his direction is higher than at any time with any manager I can recall other than Stubbs. I hope he proves the doubters wrong for all the right reasons but it will be a rocky road.

Yeah i thought Ian Murray was a good appointment too. With Murray and now Robinson, it became clear quite early on that it wasn't going to work out. I think Robinson may have done well coming into a struggling team who needed a rocket up their arse. But we weren't struggling, we didn't need any rockets or upheaval. Robinson brought the fireworks anyway, pissed the team off, and here we are. Fourth on PPG in February and looking like we are going to be 11th in May.

It's interesting watching his interviews change as things have got progressively worse. His first few interviews were all 'good squad of players, we are aiming for top six, europe etc' Perfectly reasonable quotes given the situation inherited. Then we start losing and it's 'I always knew we were in a relegation battle but we have the players to get us out it'. Then the losses keep coming and it's 'only 14 fit players (which is a lie)' and implying the squad isn't good enough. m

You can tell by his recent quotes that he thinks relegation is very much on, and he's now trying to protect his reputation by claiming it's actually not his fault and we were going down regardless of his appointment. No one with eyes is buying it of course, it's pretty much all his fault. He knows he'll be sacked if he takes us down and he's now thinking of his future employment prospects in his interviews. Terry Butchers managerial career effectively ended when he took Hibs down in 2014. What Robinson is doing to us is much worse, and you can hear the fear in his voice,.

You have to wonder what conversation Robinson had with the board about the current squad and his expectations for the rest of this season before he got the job. Given our position at that point I find it hard to believe he would have said they weren’t good enough and he’d have to overhaul the squad.

Obviously I want Robinson to succeed as it means Saints are succeeding and part of me feels he should be given time to build his own team but another part of me is very sceptical about his ability to put together a decent team.

36 minutes ago, andrew87 said:

You have to wonder what conversation Robinson had with the board about the current squad and his expectations for the rest of this season before he got the job. Given our position at that point I find it hard to believe he would have said they weren’t good enough and he’d have to overhaul the squad.

Obviously I want Robinson to succeed as it means Saints are succeeding and part of me feels he should be given time to build his own team but another part of me is very sceptical about his ability to put together a decent team.

I think most of us are conflicted on the issue, although some have clearly made their own decision already. JG is probably in the same boat and of course Sean Maloney has already been pushed overboard.

1 hour ago, andrew87 said:

He's on record in his interview at the start saying he wanted top six and Europe and we had a good squad of players. Hard to imagine him saying any different in his interview. Can't believe he said

' I know you're in the top six and unbeaten in 2022, but the team's pish'

Which is almost true. I know it's strange to say this but we weren't exactly playing like Barcelona of old even when we managed our 5+1 league game unbeaten run. Some of the football was dire.

In saying that, I would take a slice of that shit playing if we could muster the 4 points we need now.

He's on record in his interview at the start saying he wanted top six and Europe and we had a good squad of players. Hard to imagine him saying any different in his interview. Can't believe he said
' I know you're in the top six and unbeaten in 2022, but the team's pish'

My thoughts exactly and yet there’s been a massive drop off in results and he very quickly and very publicly pointed the finger at certain unnamed players. In Robinson’s defence some of the performances before Goodwin left were pretty poor. Motherwell and Ross County could easily have pumped us at home.

As much as I am over the moon that Robinson has gone, his record  of results is almost identical to that of the clubs current manager.
Robinson had 40 games in which to get it right. He won 10  Lost 20 and Drew 10.
Derek Adams has had  12 games and his record to date is  Won 3  Lost 6   Drew 3.
Adams has had to make do with the squad he inherited which come the close season will see a lot of departures other than those Robinson put of 2 year contracts such as Ayunga and Obika.
It is hoped that one of Robinson's better signings will return next season albeit on loan will be 'family man' Carson who lives in Barnard Castle, just over 60 minutes away from Morecambe which compared with both Paisley and  Dundee is considerably closer. 

Thanks for the update. Strong rumour here that Carson is signing for us. Looks like he is trying to sign the whole Motherwell squad from around 3 years ago.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

25 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Thanks for the update. Strong rumour here that Carson is signing for us. Looks like he is trying to sign the whole Motherwell squad from around 3 years ago.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

How did that squad do at the time?

13 hours ago, andrew87 said:

My thoughts exactly and yet there’s been a massive drop off in results and he very quickly and very publicly pointed the finger at certain unnamed players. In Robinson’s defence some of the performances before Goodwin left were pretty poor. Motherwell and Ross County could easily have pumped us at home.

The Motherwell game when we were winning till the 94th minute? County was 0-0 with nothing in it, didn't think either team deserved to win that.  None of the performances this season under Goodwin (apart from Dundee at home) were anything like as bad as what we've seen in the last month IMO.