Stephen Robinson

TopCat

2 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Also ties in with the fact that 6 games ago they were below us and now they are above us.  Which part of this are you having difficulty with ? 🙄

The stats are there for even Stevie f**king Wonder to see . Yes, Dons / JG are not doing great but In the last six games they have amassed 100% more f**king points than us !!! 

Talking To A Brick Wall GIFs | Tenor

6 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Also ties in with the fact that 6 games ago they were below us and now they are above us.  Which part of this are you having difficulty with ? 🙄

The stats are there for even Stevie f**king Wonder to see . Yes, Dons / JG are not doing great but In the last six games they have amassed 100% more f**king points than us !!! 

No problem with understanding at all. Both new managers plus new manager Mark McGhee have struggled to make an impact and their teams form the bottom three in the form table over the past six games.

2 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

You know, for someone who has supposedly travelled the world dining with ambassadors & dignitaries, signing off on multi million deals and showing the world how to run their businesses , I find it incredible that he can’t grasp the difference between 3 points & 6 . 🙄

It's taken you this long to discover something's not quite right? :lol:

3 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

You know, for someone who has supposedly travelled the world dining with ambassadors & dignitaries, signing off on multi million deals and showing the world how to run their businesses , I find it incredible that he can’t grasp the difference between 3 points & 6 . 🙄

Oh I do but both are crap returns. What I posted was that St Mirren are bottom equal with Dundee in the Form league with Aberdeen one place above. Clearly no new manager bounce for either, nor for Dundee from theirs. Take it further, The Pars have had little benefit from bringing in John Hughes. 

Just now, Rascal said:

Oh I do but both are crap returns. What I posted was that St Mirren are bottom equal with Dundee in the Form league with Aberdeen one place above. Clearly no new manager bounce for either, nor for Dundee from theirs. Take it further, The Pars have had little benefit from bringing in John Hughes. 

No , you posted that Aberdeen were second bottom. You clearly don’t understand how these things work . They are third bottom. 

E.g . Should two teams tie at the top of the league , the next team after them comes third, not second. The same applies at the bottom .

Just now, Callum Gilhooley said:

No , you posted that Aberdeen were second bottom. You clearly don’t understand how these things work . They are third bottom. 

E.g . Should two teams tie at the top of the league , the next team after them comes third, not second. The same applies at the bottom .

I suggest, respectively, you are wasting your fecking time.

He will squirm, deflect and squirm again, as he has over the last umpteen posts.

A simple, "Oh, aye, I fcuked up" would have sufficed some time ago, 

16 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Any road , back on topic hopefully .

I hope he gets things right . Even if these are not this players, he needs to get the best out of them for the remainder of the season, they’ll go a long way to deciding his playing budget for next season.

Pedantic but On this we Agree. On topic recent form isn’t great for our nearest competitor which is Aberdeen. However St Johnstone, who’s manager was under real pressure have improved. Their form is relevant as we hope to stay well ahead by overtaking them in the form table and that of DundeeBoth are relevant as SR has to outdo each of these to give us a decent finish and stay clear of relegation . Too early to say if he will or not IMO. I hope he does 

Edited by Rascal

3 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Any road , back on topic hopefully .

I hope he gets things right . Even if these are not this players, he needs to get the best out of them for the remainder of the season, they’ll go a long way to deciding his playing budget for next season.

I'd imagine next seasons budget will be considerably down on this season.

Two cup semi final and 7th would have seen us bring in a considerable haul.

This season, not so much. 

5 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

As Will St Johnstone’s even if they stay up. If we make top six then who knows. Have you given up before playing the Govan team?

Edited by Rascal

Just now, faraway saint said:

I remember  reading ( I think ) that there was a differential of £85 k per place between bottom six finishers . IF that is the case, we could see a potential loss of almost £ 1/3m if we trade 7th for 11th . £1/4 m down for 10 .  
That’s a fair chunk of budget to miss out on for a club our size,

4 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

I remember  reading ( I think ) that there was a differential of £85 k per place between bottom six finishers . IF that is the case, we could see a potential loss of almost £ 1/3m if we trade 7th for 11th . £1/4 m down for 10 .  
That’s a fair chunk of budget to miss out on for a club our size,

We might yet finish 6th or 7th. Can’t believe you are writing us off. Clearly no point in the players, manager or fans turning up.

Edited by Rascal

4 minutes ago, Rascal said:

We might yet finish 6th or 7th. Can’t believe you are writing us off. Clearly no point in the players, manager or fans turning up.

Not just numbers you have a problem with , reading is obviously not a strong point either . You clearly missed the use of “could” in my post . 

eta:  & IF 🙄

Edited by Callum Gilhooley

8 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Not just numbers you have a problem with , reading is obviously not a strong point either . You clearly missed the use of “could” in my post . 

eta:  & IF 🙄

So let’s get this right. Only you can be pedantic?

4 minutes ago, Rascal said:

So let’s get this right. Only you can be pedantic?

So you call making a c**t of it pedantic ?   You’re not doing very well are you ? Numbers, reading & now meanings of words ?!?   😂😂😂😂

Right , I’ll leave you in peace now. I’m off to do something more interesting - no idea what but there’s lots of options. And you need to get your PJs on , change your Tena for men and prepare for Matrons evening rounds . 

3 hours ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

So you call making a c**t of it pedantic ?   You’re not doing very well are you ? Numbers, reading & now meanings of words ?!?   😂😂😂😂

Right , I’ll leave you in peace now. I’m off to do something more interesting - no idea what but there’s lots of options. And you need to get your PJs on , change your Tena for men and prepare for Matrons evening rounds . 

Oh dear. You are a bit worked up. I would have my blood pressure checked if I were you and maybe consider anger management classes. The fact remains that we are on the same number of points as Aberdeen ( led by our old manager) led by our new manager with a similar run of form. 

Edited by Rascal

8 hours ago, W6er said:

Seriously!? Davis would be a fabulous signing, and professional footballers can play a lot longer nowadays. Craig Brewster played well into his forties, and Giggs played until 40.  

It's time the club cut out this annual signing of "experienced" players whose legs will not last a long season or the signing of guys the manager had at clubs he failed at.

Time to sit down and define what our DNA is  ie a club that once prided itself on not just producing talent but giving them an opportunity  to grow and develop  in the first team.

Ditch the short termism  , think long term  ,get down a blueprint  for the long term and get a manager to stick with it , a team built around a strong defence and players with some skill and pace.

It might mean a trip to the championship  ,but we cannot continue  with this annual changeover of players and managers.

10 different managers in 10 years ! something has to change dramatically  .

2 minutes ago, waldorf34 said:

It's time the club cut out this annual signing of "experienced" players whose legs will not last a long season or the signing of guys the manager had at clubs he failed at.

Time to sit down and define what our DNA is  ie a club that once prided itself on not just producing talent but giving them an opportunity  to grow and develop  in the first team.

Ditch the short termism  , think long term  ,get down a blueprint  for the long term and get a manager to stick with it , a team built around a strong defence and players with some skill and pace.

It might mean a trip to the championship  ,but we cannot continue  with this annual changeover of players and managers.

Older players, who've played at the top level, i.e. international and European club competition level, are great to have and will help develop our youngsters. A good side has a blend needs some maturity. 

4 minutes ago, waldorf34 said:

Sound argument. My son, a friend and myself were talking about this in the car on the way back from Motherwell. They pointed to St J and to some extent Livingston as clubs with a strategic view. Some of the 10 merited the change, some went on to bigger clubs but one or two might well have been retained to build long term.

Overheard from someone that next seasons budget has already been agreed with Robinson and its an increase on what Goodwin had this season. As we ain't in the top 6 you have to wonder where the money is coming from. My guess is that they are wishing John Mcginn goes to man utd.

Sent from my VOG-L09 using Tapatalk