Stephen Robinson

TopCat

2 hours ago, Sidmirren said:

Seems Tiny Tim, the idiot from Arbroath has spent Friday drinking too many Babychams. He continues to abuse , troll and belittle St Mirren fans.. What a pathetic wee bully.

Ach. Most of us tolerate him. His self absorption is amusing even if his posts are not. A bottom feeder appealing to the lowest common denominator. 

Edited by Rascal

17 hours ago, Sidmirren said:

I have never abused, trolled or belittled a St Mirren fan and I never will. You on the other hand have abused, trolled, belittled and bullied lots of St Mirren fans, Just to make yourself big and hard which you most certainly are not, you little twerp.

:lol

Edited by pod

1 minute ago, billyg said:

I'm not enjoying the early vibes , we had found a winning formula , and he's tinkering with it already. Ross C and Dundee away will tell us the full story , we need to be going there for wins !

What??? Hearts at home and plan out the window after 20 minutes with man sent off and next game away to Celtic, get a grip and give guy a chance...

1 minute ago, Wardog said:

What??? Hearts at home and plan out the window after 20 minutes with man sent off and next game away to Celtic, get a grip and give guy a chance...

While I agree that being overly concerned after two games it should be noted that Hearts couldn't buy a win before they played us.

2 minutes ago, Wardog said:

I'm on my 28th St Mirren manager , I'm a  reasonable judge from early doors. I really hope we do the business in the next two games but I have my doubts !

3 minutes ago, billyg said:

I'm on my 28th St Mirren manager , I'm a  reasonable judge from early doors. I really hope we do the business in the next two games but I have my doubts !

Aye, two games, one away to the league champions, is a black mark against him?

The Hearts game is impossible to tell if we'd have done any better with Goodwin, tonight would, IMO, probably have been the same result. 

Jeezo, give him a chance. 

We have always been teetering between a good season and a normal season, not a lot has changed.

On 3/2/2022 at 10:03 PM, faraway saint said:

Aye, two games, one away to the league champions, is a black mark against him?

The Hearts game is impossible to tell if we'd have done any better with Goodwin, tonight would, IMO, probably have been the same result. 

Jeezo, give him a chance. 

We have always been teetering between a good season and a normal season, not a lot has changed.

The blue @rsecheeks would disagree. But, yes. It is a wee bit rich to proclaim Robinson a failure after those two games. At least SR didn't wait till the last few minutes to change things.

On 3/2/2022 at 9:51 PM, Wardog said:

Why were we a man down? Maybe we were toiling to stay in the game, my recollection is that we still hadn’t had a corner at that pointthe team were out of sorts from the off and Robinson,’s body language was poor, as were his facial expressions 

he doesn’t strike me as full of confidence and maybe that is why the team were so short of it from the off

3 minutes ago, Rascal said:

Does anybody seriously think that we would have taken points from Parkhead or held out serious thoughts that we would have beaten Hearts had Jim Goodwin still been manager. Give Robinson a break.

You. :lol:

On 2/21/2022 at 10:46 PM, Rascal said:

Optimistic on the score line but why not.

I hope for over 5,000 attending.

On 3/2/2022 at 9:48 PM, billyg said:

I'm not enjoying the early vibes , we had found a winning formula , and he's tinkering with it already. Ross C and Dundee away will tell us the full story , we need to be going there for wins !

For the most part.

We scraped by in most games, with a fair bit of good fortune.

As others have pointed out, the last two games against top three teams, minus Ronan for the most part, haven't been an ideal introduction. I doubt we'd have done any better with Goodwin in charge.

I'm not wholly convinced by Robinson, and what happens tomorrow and on Tuesday will be season defining. Let's hope his experience of the league leads to a positive outcome.

30 minutes ago, FTOF said:

For the most part.

We scraped by in most games, with a fair bit of good fortune.

As others have pointed out, the last two games against top three teams, minus Ronan for the most part, haven't been an ideal introduction. I doubt we'd have done any better with Goodwin in charge.

I'm not wholly convinced by Robinson, and what happens tomorrow and on Tuesday will be season defining. Let's hope his experience of the league leads to a positive outcome.

I think that finding a way to win opposed to scraping by sounds better although means same thing really. 

Do I think we would have faired better under JG........quite possibly as I think it would have been a better team performance instead of more disjointed by players pushing to impress the new gaffer and having the opposite effect really.

Let's hope it settles a bit for next 2 big games

12 minutes ago, Cumbriansaint72 said:

I think that finding a way to win opposed to scraping by sounds better although means same thing really. 

Do I think we would have faired better under JG........quite possibly as I think it would have been a better team performance instead of more disjointed by players pushing to impress the new gaffer and having the opposite effect really.

Let's hope it settles a bit for next 2 big games

I was/am a fan of Jim Goodwin but let’s give SR a chance. Did a good job with Motherwell. We should remember what happened when we played Celtic away earlier in the season. The result midweek was an improvement. Although not confident, I was more optimistic that we might get something against Hearts but having been at Tynecastle for our last meeting, that was more Hope than expectation. We have a run of games now against teams around or below us in the league followed by Rangers at Home with a tough away cup tie thrown in. These might give us a better steer on how the new management team will do. Keep faith in the squad. 

Too early to say about the new manger. However I have liked a few things he has done. I like Fraser but he has been poor for weeks, even under Goodwin, and needed dropped. Tait is poor on the left and Robinson has rightly moved him over to the right side. He has brought McCarthy back inho the team. Downside is he started Main but took him off against Celtic. Hopefully he realises Main is 3rd choice striker at best.

And we should remember we have been without arguably our best player against Celtic and for 70 mins against Hearts and will be without him again today. Ronan is someone we need every game.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

Hearts were poor and there for the taking 

I beg to differ BYK. The thing that concerned me in our last two games against them has been our failure to match their work rate in spells. Also agree with others that we were weak on our left hand side