The Stephen Robinson & Diarmuid O'Carroll Appreciation Thread

shull

1 minute ago, Rascal said:

We could be top of the league by 5pm tomorrow!!

3 points tomorrow are crucial to settle our nerves. Home form was so poor last season that we all need to see a glimmer of hope this season. We should have it in the tank to beat a deflated Motherwell.

10 minutes ago, exiledfan said:

3 points tomorrow are crucial to settle our nerves. Home form was so poor last season that we all need to see a glimmer of hope this season. We should have it in the tank to beat a deflated Motherwell.

We are normally at our most generous when playing deflated teams as past experience has shown..

A convincing win would be great but that is not the St Mirren way of doing things.

3 hours ago, northstbuddie said:

If there is any basis for the DR report, what will be St Mirren's likely response to Motherwell?

And if (as would be likely) it is 'help yourself' - where should we look for a new manager?

Good questions.

1. Any basis - Open Season I think

2. How much are you willing to pay?

3. Steven Thomson / Dougie Imrie /  Ian Mcall / ANO

(Assuming we can’t get McKay)

Edited by Rascal

3 hours ago, northstbuddie said:

If there is any basis for the DR report, what will be St Mirren's likely response to Motherwell?

And if (as would be likely) it is 'help yourself' - where should we look for a new manager?

If SR is allowed to talk to Motherwell he should not be in charge tomorrow. Who would replace him ? I would not be adverse to Shelly Kerr. Shelly has a pro licence and lead Scotland to a world cup. How many other coaches have her background and CV?

4 hours ago, northstbuddie said:

I cannot believe there is any way we would allow SR to chat with Motherwell.... having backed him this summer and also  brought in Lasley etc then it's inconceivable we would do anything to change the current dynamic.... Now, SR haters will say its the perfect opportunity to possibly offload him  but the message it would send out would be highly damaging and therefore as a statement of intent before we have kicked a ball in anger in the SPL then it has to be " business as usual " and we run with SR...

I would much rather we control the narrative and even considering the prospect of allowing a wank Motherwell team access to our Manager would as I say send out the wrong message...

I cannot believe there is any way we would allow SR to chat with Motherwell.... having backed him this summer and also  brought in Lasley etc then it's inconceivable we would do anything to change the current dynamic.... Now, SR haters will say its the perfect opportunity to possibly offload him  but the message it would send out would be highly damaging and therefore as a statement of intent before we have kicked a ball in anger in the SPL then it has to be " business as usual " and we run with SR...
I would much rather we control the narrative and even considering the prospect of allowing a wank Motherwell team access to our Manager would as I say send out the wrong message...
Depends how much they're offering. I can't imagine it would be enough to consider it, but you never know.

6 hours ago, Slarti said:
7 hours ago, CraigyBoy said:

Depends how much they're offering. I can't imagine it would be enough to consider it, but you never know.

I don’t think the cash is relevant, it would be the perception created by offloading a Manager prior to having given him a reasonable amount of League games.

2 hours ago, Hunterian said:

I don’t think the cash is relevant, it would be the perception created by offloading a Manager prior to having given him a reasonable amount of League games.

We wouldn't be offloading him. If its all true then Motherwell have approached the club about Robinson and he is willing to talk to them. So if Robinson is wanting to go back I would let him go and get in someone willing to take the club forward in a way that currently Robinson has patently failed to do up to now ?

Also if this is true then I hope him and O'Carroll are on sick leave today !