The Stephen Robinson & Diarmuid O'Carroll Appreciation Thread

shull

36 minutes ago, lenziebud said:

We wouldn't be offloading him. If its all true then Motherwell have approached the club about Robinson and he is willing to talk to them. So if Robinson is wanting to go back I would let him go and get in someone willing to take the club forward in a way that currently Robinson has patently failed to do up to now ?

Also if this is true then I hope him and O'Carroll are on sick leave today !

Do we know that Motherwell have approached the club? Do we know if Robinson would want to leave? Do we know whether or not our board, if they have been approached have agreed to allow talks to take place? My guess is that we don’t. It makes a good news story though and a good way to distract your upcoming opponents after going out in the first round in Europe.

11 minutes ago, Rascal said:

Do we know that Motherwell have approached the club? Do we know if Robinson would want to leave? Do we know whether or not our board, if they have been approached have agreed to allow talks to take place? My guess is that we don’t. It makes a good news story though and a good way to distract your upcoming opponents after going out in the first round in Europe.

I did say "if its all true" ?

Our second home league game coming up on Saturday. I’m hoping that the high energy approach the manager used in the opener is repeated but with the addition of goals and a win to settle things down.
Totally. I'm annoyed at the loosing against Motherwell who were poor and again the gubbing at Aberdeen, but the energy and tempo in the Motherwell game was pleasing to see and the fact that pressure was happening from the front instead of sitting back too much. I just hope for goals. I also hope we can do something to add to the team before the window closes.

Sent from my IN2023 using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Mainstand Sweary Mob said:

Totally. I'm annoyed at the loosing against Motherwell who were poor and again the gubbing at Aberdeen, but the energy and tempo in the Motherwell game was pleasing to see and the fact that pressure was happening from the front instead of sitting back too much. I just hope for goals. I also hope we can do something to add to the team before the window closes.

Sent from my IN2023 using Tapatalk

Finding the money to bring Gocic back , if it was possible, would make a big difference. He is a player, he won’t be bullied and gives 110%. Can play in midfield and can play at the back.

3 hours ago, Scott-Leeds said:

They’ve done nothing to be appreciated yet, nothing.

Airdrie, Arbroath…… really ?

Dragged us down the league when we were doing well last season

Heaviest goals against already

Let me know when there’s anything to appreciate ffs

Scott-Leeds. Appreciation can mean many things. One meaning of course is the idea of showing good feelings about achievements but another is also about a critique. But of course, you know that.

Nothing wrong with saying - for example - I like most of his recruitment so far - or that I like the style with which he wants the team to play but of course it’s equally ok to say that we are bottom and have lost most goals after two league games.

Edited by Rascal

1 hour ago, Rascal said:

Scott-Leeds. Appreciation can mean many things. One meaning of course is the idea of showing good feelings about achievements but another is also about a critique. But of course, you know that.

Nothing wrong with saying - for example - I like most of his recruitment so far - or that I like the style with which he wants the team to play but of course it’s equally ok to say that we are bottom and have lost most goals after two league games.

Or…

”you say it best,

when you say

nothing at all…”

:)

At Pittodrie, I heard various voices shouting out "Taxi for Robinson!", "I'll drive him to Motherwell myself if he wants to go there!", "We're heading for relegation under this Robinson!"

These same people will probably be praising him now and not have any embarrassment or shame!

I hope Stephen Robinson and Diarmuid O'Carroll's rein is a long one!

On 8/21/2022 at 1:25 AM, Percy Veer said:

At Pittodrie, I heard various voices shouting out "Taxi for Robinson!", "I'll drive him to Motherwell myself if he wants to go there!", "We're heading for relegation under this Robinson!"

These same people will probably be praising him now and not have any embarrassment or shame!

I hope Stephen Robinson and Diarmuid O'Carroll's rein is a long one!

Totally agree and SR has gelled this team but its the spirit thats now showing...onto Fakes another 3 points and thats 11 off bottom and with uglies clashing possibly 3rd...loving it

5 hours ago, exiledfan said:

Spoke superbly in the 1877 club today.  I'm getting more and more confident in him the more I see. I know it's early days however I see  a team starting to play for each other. 

3 hours ago, DougJamie said:

Totally agree and SR has gelled this team but its the spirit thats now showing...onto Fakes another 3 points and thats 11 off bottom and with uglies clashing possibly 3rd...loving it

Yeah, I fully agree and mentioned in a previous post about a togetherness that wasn't there late last season and in the League Cup matches this season but we're improving and the players seem to want to fight for one another.

As Exiledfan says it's early days but I'm enjoying going to the football again and long may it continue.