The Stephen Robinson & Diarmuid O'Carroll Appreciation Thread

shull

1 hour ago, pod said:

Edinburgh press have already got him down as a candidate.  

And a few others. All rumours I suppose but the important thing is is doesn’t distract the team in the next few games. Remember earlier in the season when we were at Easter Rd and all of us thought he was going to take the NI job. 

7ED0C8D8-D160-4B7B-883E-24143A47926B.png

Edited by Balmullo Bud

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 8/29/2022 at 3:34 PM, Rascal said:

Win more, draw less is the recipe.

Might mean a few more losses along the way. A bumpy but potentially enjoyable ride.

Just thought that I would remind myself of what to expect. COYS

• 4 weeks later...

Stephen Robinson being linked with the Hibs job after Johnson's sacking. Only to be expected, I suppose.

Funny business being a football manager these days. If your manager loses a few games, he gets the sack, but if he puts together a winning streak, another club comes along and takes him away. So how does a club like ours achieve stability and then continuity of performance?

6 minutes ago, pondsman said:

Stephen Robinson being linked with the Hibs job after Johnson's sacking. Only to be expected, I suppose.

Funny business being a football manager these days. If your manager loses a few games, he gets the sack, but if he puts together a winning streak, another club comes along and takes him away. So how does a club like ours achieve stability and then continuity of performance?

He was always going to be linked with Hibs just because of where we are in the table, I suppose it is all down to the manager and what he wants to achieve, he has a real chance of european football this season if we can keep all our players over the next two windows but with Hibs it is a big salvage job and no guarantee of success. I hope he stays, unlike Goodwin I don't think he financially needs to move on, time will tell.

15 minutes ago, pondsman said:

Really lazy journalism. Just plucking names out the hat. Maybe they should plump for up and coming Manager Dick Campbell.

16 minutes ago, southsidebud said:

Hibs are a mess just now and whoever goes in will need time to fix it (if they can). I hope the Stephen Robinson factors that in - especially since he has us in great shape in what could be a great season. 

Hopefully they’ll go for Lennon and give us all a laugh

Seriously? I think Lennon would do a great job. Make sure you share this!

On 4/10/2023 at 12:54 PM, Balmullo Bud said:

And a few others. All rumours I suppose but the important thing is is doesn’t distract the team in the next few games. Remember earlier in the season when we were at Easter Rd and all of us thought he was going to take the NI job. 

7ED0C8D8-D160-4B7B-883E-24143A47926B.png

I'm not into bookies so I may be entirely wrong but I think you might find that is at least partly to do with early betting by punters.

Seriously? I think Lennon would do a great job. Make sure you share this!
Hey if I'm wrong, I'm wrong - I just don't want the next Hibs manager to be Stephen Robinson. Lennon is always good entertainment - especially when things go wrong.

I'll leave the sharing to you!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Just now, southsidebud said:

Hey if I'm wrong, I'm wrong - I just don't want the next Hibs manager to be Stephen Robinson. Lennon is always good entertainment - especially when things go wrong.

I'll leave the sharing to you!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Perhaps I should have done a fartaway and put an emoji at the end. Now I've said that, read my post again.