The Stephen Robinson & Diarmuid O'Carroll Appreciation Thread

shull

2 hours ago, Rascal said:

Can anyone tell me when we last won three top league games in a row without conceding?

There may be a St Mirren historian who can answer that in the time it takes @bazil85 to say “Where’s your evidence?”  but the “without conceding” aspect is particularly difficult to achieve.

I think the last time we won three top flight league games in a row was under Jim Goodwin last season.

BA4D70B7-1DEC-4408-918D-44DF5C20D63E.thumb.jpeg.6e727e8b25033d3a4e1fb6fcc522c975.jpeg

Now if you wish to research your question why don’t you spend some time on this site?

http://www.stmirrenprogrammes.co.uk

“This is an unofficial site devoted to the history of football match programmes involving St. Mirren Football Club from season 1945/46 to the present day.”

If you can’t find the answer to your question on this site, then maybe you could research further and get this page updated with your specific “club record of most consecutive top flight league wins without conceding”

https://www.stmirren.info/club-records

The keeper with the record Most Consecutive Clean Sheets 8 Games (838 Mins) Craig Hinchcliffe, Division 1, 01/03/05 - 16/04/05 

9EEC507C-8618-4788-87B3-8B4BEFA33477.thumb.jpeg.4fc641a0246d2afa0a85223506afe9b8.jpeg

However that is obviously not in the top flight. Neither is this 3 match win sequence without conceding a goal.

3CF555D1-B3C7-4345-94AF-91E0AC146341.thumb.jpeg.946f18be1832c1e20a493768ef452486.jpeg

Now I’ll rightly be criticised by @faraway saint for the long rambling post.

@Slarti will rightly accuse me of “copy and paste”.

@antrin will probably find a spelling or grammatical error in my post

@W6er will accuse me of trolling you but as I’m the only one on his ignore list he won’t see it until someone replies quoting this entire post

@BuddieinEK will like my post as he always likes my content. 

@shull will accuse me of having a second alias of @BuddieinEK just to increase my number of likes

@munoz will give me a 😂 as he’s gibbering drunk probably lying in a gutter somewhere in Paisley singing songs about burning 🔥 the Old Firm and screaming “Fcuk the Ton”

@antrin will now respond that the Old Firm ceased in 2012 with the demise of Rangers through liquidation and post a picture as evidence but I’ll save him the time and post this.

1339D7ED-0954-484E-9589-00C1F763EA73.thumb.jpeg.22b3046a01867ba70ca1cde6b8c9191f.jpeg

@TPAFKA Jersey 2 will give me a series of 👏 👏 👏 as he is probably another one who is in a drunken stupor as he will have been out on the lash with his wingman @Jimmy H

@StanleySaint will probably provide you with details on what the weather was on the days if your research

@Callum Gilhooley @pod@windae cleaner@Tommy@FTOF@WeeBud @ianmac@ALBIONSAINT @exiledfan@Scott-Leeds @DougJamie@Wilbur @Tam M @chalky1 @saint in exile@truesaint@Mid Calder Saint@Ayrshire Saints @guinnessall hopefully give me a like as they seem to be good guys but will be accused by both @shull @Sidmirren of being another of my aliases which is rather ironic. @Slarti will then likely say “how do you know that they are guys?” to kick off a debate on gender classification.

Fcuk knows how @stlucifer will react

@TopCat will probably argue we should never have sacked the manager overseeing such a fine run

@Mainstand Sweary Mob better give me a 👋 as I sit in the West Bank on matchdays. I think he might be my auld mucker Allan T who I knew many years ago from the auld Saints Online Guestbook.

@beyond our ken @waldorf34will both seethe and destroy my post bit by bit as they just don’t like me. I’m sure there are plenty other posters who I could add to this list but I don’t want to know 😂 

@Eric Arthur Blair @HSS @Livinginthepast @Sue Denim@djchapsticks  @mcd54@MenstrieSaint @Sonnywill likely have a race to be the first statto/historian to reply with the correct answer to your question in less time than it takes @elvis to predict that we won’t ever win again.

@renfrew156 will abuse then@elvis as he likes to do

@animal will find some way to lead the discussion to something the Kibble have done

@Brilliant Disguise will find a way to blame the SNP or SMiSA for having not repeated this feat more often

@portmahomack saint likely had a successful wager at the bookies on that particular sequence coming to fruition and he will post a picture of his betting slip as evidence.

@Hendo will blame Tory policy for it not happening more often

@santaponsasaint will hate it if the record was achieved by one of Gus McPherson teams

@shullwill be ecstatic if it was his favourite top flight manager of recent times  - Danny Lennon  

@Cookie Monster would try and pick a fight with his arch nemesis Stuart Dickson but they both don’t seem to post any more. Maybe they finally met up and are both in jail waiting for a court appearance. 🥤 🍿 

@Warrior Saint will call me a toolbag for this excessively long rambling post

@Saint@Johnstone will ask whether the games were on TV

Finally some smart arse likely to be a Statto (check list previously) will just respond to @Rascal question with a “Naw it’s never happened before”

Apologies if I’ve missed anyone out.

23 minutes ago, SuperSaints1877 said:

There may be a St Mirren historian who can answer that in the time it takes @bazil85 to say “Where’s your evidence?”  but the “without conceding” aspect is particularly difficult to achieve.

I think the last time we won three top flight league games in a row was under Jim Goodwin last season.

BA4D70B7-1DEC-4408-918D-44DF5C20D63E.thumb.jpeg.6e727e8b25033d3a4e1fb6fcc522c975.jpeg

Now if you wish to research your question why don’t you spend some time on this site?

“This is an unofficial site devoted to the history of football match programmes involving St. Mirren Football Club from season 1945/46 to the present day.”

If you can’t find the answer to your question on this site, then maybe you could research further and get this page updated with your specific “club record of most consecutive top flight league wins without conceding”

The keeper with the record Most Consecutive Clean Sheets 8 Games (838 Mins) Craig Hinchcliffe, Division 1, 01/03/05 - 16/04/05 

9EEC507C-8618-4788-87B3-8B4BEFA33477.thumb.jpeg.4fc641a0246d2afa0a85223506afe9b8.jpeg

However that is obviously not in the top flight. Neither is this 3 match win sequence without conceding a goal.

3CF555D1-B3C7-4345-94AF-91E0AC146341.thumb.jpeg.946f18be1832c1e20a493768ef452486.jpeg

@W6er will accuse me of trolling you but as I’m the only one on his ignore list he won’t see it until someone replies quoting this entire post

@shull will accuse me of having a second alias of @BuddieinEK just to increase my number of likes

@munoz will give me a 😂 as he’s gibbering drunk probably lying in a gutter somewhere in Paisley singing songs about burning 🔥 the Old Firm and screaming “Fcuk the Ton”

@antrin will now respond that the Old Firm ceased in 2012 with the demise of Rangers through liquidation and post a picture as evidence but I’ll save him the time and post this.

1339D7ED-0954-484E-9589-00C1F763EA73.thumb.jpeg.22b3046a01867ba70ca1cde6b8c9191f.jpeg

@TPAFKA Jersey 2 will give me a series of 👏 👏 👏 as he is probably another one who is in a drunken stupor as he will have been out on the lash with his wingman @Jimmy H

@StanleySaint will probably provide you with details on what the weather was on the days if your research

@Callum Gilhooley @pod@windae cleaner@Tommy@FTOF@WeeBud @ianmac@ALBIONSAINT @exiledfan@Scott-Leeds @DougJamie@Wilbur @Tam M @chalky1 @saint in exile@truesaint@Mid Calder Saint@Ayrshire Saints @guinnessall hopefully give me a like as they seem to be good guys but will be accused by both @shull @Sidmirren of being another of my aliases which is rather ironic. @Slarti will then likely say “how do you know that they are guys?” to kick off a debate on gender classification.

@TopCat will probably argue we should never have sacked the manager overseeing such a fine run

@Mainstand Sweary Mob better give me a 👋 as I sit in the West Bank on matchdays. I think he might be my auld mucker Allan T who I knew many years ago from the auld Saints Online Guestbook.

@beyond our ken @waldorf34will both seethe and destroy my post bit by bit as they just don’t like me. I’m sure there are plenty other posters who I could add to this list but I don’t want to know 😂 

@Eric Arthur Blair @HSS @Livinginthepast @Sue Denim@djchapsticks  @mcd54@MenstrieSaint @Sonnywill likely have a race to be the first statto/historian to reply with the correct answer to your question in less time than it takes @elvis to predict that we won’t ever win again.

@animal will find some way to lead the discussion to something the Kibble have done

@Brilliant Disguise will find a way to blame the SNP or SMiSA for having not repeated this feat more often

@portmahomack saint likely had a successful wager at the bookies on that particular sequence coming to fruition and he will post a picture of his betting slip as evidence.

@santaponsasaint will hate it if the record was achieved by one of Gus McPherson teams

@shullwill be ecstatic if it was his favourite top flight manager of recent times  - Danny Lennon  

@Cookie Monster would try and pick a fight with his arch nemesis Stuart Dickson but they both don’t seem to post any more. Maybe they finally met up and are both in jail waiting for a court appearance. 🥤 🍿 

Finally some smart arse likely to be a Statto (check list previously) will just respond to @Rascal question with a “Naw it’s never happened before”

Brilliant!

3 hours ago, SuperSaints1877 said:

Quite possibly the best post I've read on this forum in years! 😂👏👏👏

ps... One "his" should actually be "hers", but that aside, nailed it. 😎

Been thinking about this since I got up and off the top of my head (🤥) I think we have to go back to the last days of Love St to find the answer

13 Dec 08 ICT 2-0 H

20 Dec 08 Killie 1-0 A

27 Dec 08 Hamilton 1-0 H

The next game,the last ever at LS,was 0-0

Before that you’d have to go back to 84/85 season

01 Jan 85  M*rt*n 2-0 A

05 Jan 85 Dundee Utd 1-0 H

12 Jan 85 Hearts 1-0 A

Edited by HSS

4 hours ago, SuperSaints1877 said:

Regarding St Mirren, I only think evidence should be provided for baseless claims that show the club in a poor light (or indeed the opposite about overlay positive stories, although that’s far rarer).

I can’t really understand what ‘fan’ of the club wouldn’t want this. 🤷‍♂️

37 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Regarding St Mirren, I only think evidence should be provided for baseless claims that show the club in a poor light (or indeed the opposite about overlay positive stories, although that’s far rarer).

I can’t really understand what ‘fan’ of the club wouldn’t want this. 🤷‍♂️

Why appreciate a bit of humour when you can use it instead to have a go at supporters.

I almost said "fellow" supporters 😂😂😂😂

5 hours ago, SuperSaints1877 said:

I have never accused anybody  of giving out likes to themselves using their own aliases. Neither has Shull.

Your friend, the Forum bully, abuser and troll, Toxic Titch from Arbroath is the culprit who said Shull was using aliases to like shull's own posts .

Titch cried so much that he reported Shull to the Webmaster and got Shull banned for many months.

Edited by Sidmirren

1 hour ago, BuddieinEK said:

Why appreciate a bit of humour when you can use it instead to have a go at supporters.

I almost said "fellow" supporters 😂😂😂😂

I think he missed out one very important point, never mind the likes. He should have said you sucking right up his ar**

Now that is humour :P 

1 hour ago, Sidmirren said:

Your friend, the Forum bully, abuser and troll, Toxic Titch from Arbroath is the culprit who said Shull was using aliases to like shull's own posts .

Titch cried so much that he reported Shull to the Webmaster and got Shull banned for many months.

Good FAS was correct ..shame it wasnt many years

4 hours ago, portmahomack saint said:

:sorry     what was the question again I've forgot  

Does that mean you lost your betting slip? Or did you not back the Saints to go and win 3 games in a row without conceding a goal just prior to when we left Love St?

Brilliant start to the season. If we want the top 6 we deserve and crave we need to be top 6 comfortably before the split and not be chasing results to get to top 6. 

I feel like we are in the cusp of making that jump and being top 6. Early days but some good football so far. 

6 hours ago, DougJamie said:

Well done SS ....post of the season 👏👏👏

Does that mean that @div will invite me to the Glynhill/Bankhouse to present the BAWA player of the year?

A few pints rather than a sit down meal would suffice, therefore hopes it’s the annual Bankhouse event.

6 minutes ago, SuperSaints1877 said:

Does that mean that @div will invite me to the Glynhill/Bankhouse to present the BAWA player of the year?

A few pints rather than a sit down meal would suffice, therefore hopes it’s the annual Bankhouse event.

Long way to go for fud of the season award. Keep your fingers crossed.