The Stephen Robinson Interviews Thread

shull

8 minutes ago, W6er said:

Jim had got a tune out of the team. Even the interim management got us a point away at tricky Livingston. Robinson has thus far got us 3 points from 15...and that was by the skin of his teeth.

Jim wasn't getting a tune before the break.

Didn't Jim win any games by the skin of his teeth?

We LOST a game on Saturday by the skin of our teeth, has that slipped your mind already? 

19 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Jim wasn't getting a tune before the break.

Didn't Jim win any games by the skin of his teeth?

We LOST a game on Saturday by the skin of our teeth, has that slipped your mind already? 

If you think 3 points from 15 games is acceptable, then I won't argue with you. :)

2 minutes ago, W6er said:

If you think 3 points from 15 games is acceptable, then I won't argue with you. :)

Did I say it was? 🙄

You were using very selective stats, so not giving anywhere near a fair comparison.

FWIW I'm not convinced by the new manager but, as many have said, THIS is not the time to be judging him. 

48 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Did I say it was? 🙄

You were using very selective stats, so not giving anywhere near a fair comparison.

FWIW I'm not convinced by the new manager but, as many have said, THIS is not the time to be judging him. 

To be fair, I agree that he needs more time. It's him telling our fans to "f**k off" that makes me particularly worried, though. What sort of an attitude is that to have? 

24 minutes ago, W6er said:

To be fair, I agree that he needs more time. It's him telling our fans to "f**k off" that makes me particularly worried, though. What sort of an attitude is that to have? 

IF he did i agree not very professional but I'll assume this was in response to an equal, or worse, level of abuse? 

2 hours ago, W6er said:

Jim had got a tune out of the team. Even the interim management got us a point away at tricky Livingston. Robinson has thus far got us 3 points from 15...and that was by the skin of his teeth.

Certainly still to prove himself.

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

IF he did i agree not very professional but I'll assume this was in response to an equal, or worse, level of abuse? 

It was, but he is an employee of the club. It's an unfortunate aspect of the job - success and failure provokes a much stronger reaction than most occupations. Whilst I don't get sworn at if I have a bad day in the office, I don't get a round of applause if I have a good day, either. Also I don't earn anything like their wage.

24 minutes ago, W6er said:

It was, but he is an employee of the club. It's an unfortunate aspect of the job - success and failure provokes a much stronger reaction than most occupations. Whilst I don't get sworn at if I have a bad day in the office, I don't get a round of applause if I have a good day, either. Also I don't earn anything like their wage.

Well the one thing I like about Robinson is his passion.

I noticed the abuse he was getting Saturday and its a complete disgrace. 

It doesn't matter a jot what your earnings are nobody should be subjected to it and it is maybe about time we had a few more police about during matches to stamp it out.

24 minutes ago, lenziebud said:

Well the one thing I like about Robinson is his passion.

I noticed the abuse he was getting Saturday and its a complete disgrace. 

It doesn't matter a jot what your earnings are nobody should be subjected to it and it is maybe about time we had a few more police about during matches to stamp it out.

You want the police to arrest people for heckling Robinson? Seriously?!

I know we're living in strange times, but I'd like to think things haven't got that bad yet:

Supporter: "Your tactics are shit, Robinson! Get Main off, for f**k's sake!"

Policeman: "You're under arrest. You have the right to remain silent..."

11 minutes ago, W6er said:

You want the police to arrest people for heckling Robinson? Seriously?!

I know we're living in strange times, but I'd like to think things haven't got that bad yet:

Supporter: "Your tactics are shit, Robinson! Get Main off, for f**k's sake!"

Policeman: "You're under arrest. You have the right to remain silent..."

I'm guessing, and it's the key reason I don't go to home games, that it would have been a tad more personal than that, unless that what you were shouting? 

24 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

I'm guessing, and it's the key reason I don't go to home games, that it would have been a tad more personal than that, unless that what you were shouting? 

You don't go to home reasons because of the 'personal' abuse you hear at the game, presumably directed at players/staff? 

10 minutes ago, W6er said:

You don't go to home reasons because of the 'personal' abuse you hear at the game, presumably directed at players/staff? 

The incessant and continual abuse aimed at the manager, Danny Lennon, was enough for me.

The "I'm a season ticket holder and I can do what I like" didn't sit well with me so I chose to only attend away games, better class of abuse. 

The only abuse I directed on Saturday was toward Curtis Main. Not as usual for solely being shite, but particularly for being a lazy c**t. The guy is a complete waste of a shirt. At least Lee Erwin tried. 
Fortunately though, you will all be pleased to hear that my heckling did not adversely affect my singing voice and I was still able to rock the karaoke mic in the Club Bar all night. 👍

1 hour ago, W6er said:

Toxic Titch from Arbroath doesnt go to  and has never been to any St Mirren matches because he is not a Saints fan. He may well originate from Paisley but has no interest in his local team.  The wee man tries to act the big man by courting favour with Rangers and Celtic. He is a fake saint and the only abuse he encounters is the shameful abuse he gives out to St Mirren supporters on here via his bullying and trolling. He really is an utter disgrace of a person.

On 3/21/2022 at 2:47 PM, W6er said:

This from P&B, where you posted about people getting arrested, explains perfectly why I stopped attending, the main stand, rife with this type of behaviour........

Having sat in the main stand for best part of 20 years I can completely understand why a manager would tell them to f**k off. Some of the shouts are embarrassing and majority of the time don’t even make sense.

On 3/21/2022 at 3:18 PM, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Fortunately though, you will all be pleased to hear that my heckling did not adversely affect my singing voice and I was still able to rock the karaoke mic in the Club Bar all night. 👍

Did ye aye? 

Personally. I don’t see the point in getting angry at either the manager or players. It seems to me that both lots involved set out to win or at least not to lose. Thant’s basic.

Do I feel disappointed from time to time? Yes. Frustrated? Yes. Do I shout or swear at the manager? No. Do I shout abuse at our players? No.

None of these things are likely to bring about a positive outcome. Some “fans” do seem to feel that their entrance money gives them the right to abuse managers and players in ways that, on the high street, would be causing a breach of the peace.

Some self control please gentleman and ladies. But…If you give it out then expect it back. Whilst not condoning Robinsons reported outburst it is somewhat understandable. As others have said Jim Ross acted differently and , unusually, confronted the folks involved in the ground after a game.

Personally. I don’t see the point in getting angry at either the manager or players. It seems to me that both lots involved set out to win or at least not to lose. Thant’s basic.
Do I feel disappointed from time to time? Yes. Frustrated? Yes. Do I shout or swear at the manager? No. Do I shout abuse at our players? No.
None of these things are likely to bring about a positive outcome. Some “fans” do seem to feel that their entrance money gives them the right to abuse managers and players in ways that, on the high street, would be causing a breach of the peace.
Some self control please gentleman and ladies. But…If you give it out then expect it back. Whilst not condoning Robinsons reported outburst it is somewhat understandable. As others have said Jim Ross acted differently and , unusually, confronted the folks involved in the ground after a game.

Who's Jim Ross?

You could have been forgiven for John Ross or John James Ross or John Jim Ross or even JJ Ross, but definitely not Jim Ross.

1 hour ago, Slarti said:

Who's Jim Ross?

You could have been forgiven for John Ross or John James Ross or John Jim Ross or even JJ Ross, but definitely not Jim Ross.

Lol. Thanks for that Jack Ross. (Jim Ross is a long time friend) Same story

8 hours ago, faraway saint said:

This from P&B, where you posted about people getting arrested, explains perfectly why I stopped attending, the main stand, rife with this type of behaviour........

Having sat in the main stand for best part of 20 years I can completely understand why a manager would tell them to f**k off. Some of the shouts are embarrassing and majority of the time don’t even make sense.

So don't sit in the Main Stand, then! May I suggest you sit in the Family Stand, if you're so averse to sweary words?

3 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Don't try to get smart, I object to the brainless/unwarranted abuse our manager was taking.

I'm ok with swearing, thanks for your concern.

Toxic Titch from Arbroath, the absolute hypocrite.

What about the brainless and unwarranted abuse you dish out to St Mirren supporters on this St Mirren forum.

Troll