The Stephen Robinson Interviews Thread

shull

57 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

The king of irony, although being lonely can do terrible things to you.

Pray for Shull. 🤡

Just checked your profile. Hope your paranoia doesn't kick in, or your wee man's syndrome. Wouldn't want you and your pathetic bullying sidekicks start abusing saints supporting pensioners again. Bad enough you bullying lady drivers who dont exceed the speed limit like you.

Poisoned dwarf.

1 minute ago, Sidmirren said:

Just checked your profile. Hope your paranoia doesn't kick in, or your wee man's syndrome. Wouldn't want you and your pathetic bullying sidekicks start abusing saints supporting pensioners again. Bad enough you bullying lady drivers who dont exceed the speed limit like you.

Poisoned dwarf.

Get back to your microwave meal. 😆😆😆

17 hours ago, bigjerseybuddie said:

I might get a call up as Robinson was quoted as saying the squad is very thin. I’m sitting by the phone.

Aye, we don't want our players to be too thin, otherwise they would easily get knocked off the ball. They should spend more time in the gym.

It all seems premature  telling players that they are not getting a new contract.
With 7 games to go and only 9 points from trouble  we need every player to be at the top of their game
Pick the player, give them the chance to play well and get rewarded elsewhere. They play sh!t then it's their own fault if no one employs them or doesn't pay them as well as they may want.

1 hour ago, waldorf34 said:

It all seems premature  telling players that they are not getting a new contract.

With 7 games to go and only 9 points from trouble  we need every player to be at the top of their game

Interesting psychology at play. One. I am the boss. 2. Prove you are worth a contract either here if you can change my mind or elsewhere if you shine. In other words….give 100% and deliver the goods.  Tough mindset. Are the players mentally tough enough to handle it? We will find out.

15 hours ago, waldorf34 said:

Did Terry Butcher not do something similar when he went into hibs? Not saying it will happen but I’m sure they ended up going in free fall and went down via the play off.

21 minutes ago, JJ McG said:

Did Terry Butcher not do something similar when he went into hibs? Not saying it will happen but I’m sure they ended up going in free fall and went down via the play off.

I think you are right JJ. It’s certainly a high risk strategy. An unusual move, that’s for sure. He clearly has his reasons and he will either carry the can or receive plaudits! Which one is hard to tell.

17 hours ago, waldorf34 said:

My worry is players won't go in for some challenges in case of picking up a bad injury. 

Different if under contract you are still being paid. 

My worry is players won't go in for some challenges in case of picking up a bad injury. 
Different if under contract you are still being paid. 
Surely they are still under contract and being paid?

The contracts are not being renewed.

Shirk tackles or give less than 100% and they harm their chances of a contract elsewhere or even changing our managers mind.

Sent from my HD1913 using Tapatalk

31 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

Shirk tackles or give less than 100% and they harm their chances of a contract elsewhere or even changing our managers mind.

With only a handful of games to go it's very likely other clubs will know their abilities so keeping free of injury would be of far more concern.

I think it's an own goal from our manager. It would have made more sense for him to say that, now he was in charge, everyone starts with a clean slate and has the opportunity to prove their worth a new contract.

18 hours ago, BuddieinEK said:

I was meaning an injury that would keep them out for longer than their contract last. 

Still find it hard to believe that not only did we take this manager from the Jules Verne league in England, we actually paid compensation ! In his short spell here, we have lost the chance of the top six and removed from the cup. If we fail to win tomorrow, whoever decided to appoint him will have a lot of explaining to do. Not least to the fans. Best get rid as soon as possible.

Still find it hard to believe that not only did we take this manager from the Jules Verne league in England, we actually paid compensation ! In his short spell here, we have lost the chance of the top six and removed from the cup. If we fail to win tomorrow, whoever decided to appoint him will have a lot of explaining to do. Not least to the fans. Best get rid as soon as possible.
FAR too early to judge.