The Stephen Robinson Interviews Thread

shull

19 minutes ago, Warrior Saint said:

Nope, on top of the 4 signed another 6 or 7 needed...i would be letting Tait, Fraser, Shaughnessy, Power, Erhahon,  Main, Flynn all go if any takers to those under contract. 

Letting shaunghessy go………….away!!!! 😂

Nope, on top of the 4 signed another 6 or 7 needed...i would be letting Tait, Fraser, Shaughnessy, Power, Erhahon,  Main, Flynn all go if any takers to those under contract. 
Tait is a decent enough back up that knows what the manager wants and style.
Power sounds like he is off anyway and was only contracted to this summer anyway.
Flynn I feel is gone as contract is up and his legs look gone for the tempo Robo wants.
If Main can go into next season they way he ended this I will be happy. He is now doing the job I thought he was brought in to do. Seen an article before with main saying he is getting to play the way he wants. Makes you wonder what the f**k Jim brought him in for and asking him to do that made him play shit.
Erhahon last few games wasn't as bad as he has been. Would be good to get more out of him, but I fear that his style of play and needing more time on the ball is better suited for down south than up north.
Fraser I think is solid enough for this level. Last few games been great getting forward and getting some decent balls in. At times he has slipped up, but in the back 3 I have thought he has been really good.
Letting shaunghessy go………….away!!!! [emoji23]
I know. A lot of shite that. A couple dips, but Joe is solid as they come and a goal threat too ffs. [emoji1787]

Sent from my IN2023 using Tapatalk

4 hours ago, Warrior Saint said:

Tait , Fraser & Shaughnessy are all contracted till ‘23 and Im happy to have them here . Wouldn’t be letting any of them go unless silly money offered, which I doubt.

Main is also under contract and while he has been absolute gash for 95% of his time with us, it appears that Robinson rates him and seems able to get the best of him . Can’t say I’m convinced but happy to be proven wrong.

Power can go imo.  Didn’t see the point of him signing and won’t lose sleep if he goes.

Flynn :  He’s not going to get another top flight gig but still got something to offer. If he’s happy to stay as a pool player I’d keep him but I think he’ll be off and do a good job for Championship team . 

Erhahon ?   Now there’s a puzzle .  There is a footballer there, no doubt in that - but hear all sort of rumours about attitude etc and at times he can be a bomb scare ( like Saturday !!) If he stays he needs to realise it’s time to step up his overall game - if he goes ,which I think he will then good luck to the young lad .

Edited by Callum Gilhooley

10 minutes ago, Warrior Saint said:

Your having a laugh....wouldn't be sorry to see him go....has decent games but has stnkers as well.

You are aware this is St.Mirren we’re talking about ?  
We don’t have a single player who hasn’t had the odd stinker .  Should we let them all go ? 

I’d say McCarthy will likely be off , Dunne is too injury prone , Finlayson is an unknown and the others who can fill in at CH are simply that - fill ins.  
Unless Robinson has other ideas, & has identified to the next Miller & McLeish , I’d think Shaughnessy will be #5 next season .

• 1 month later...

I like his take that attitude and fitness are free.......

Maybe the team took adjusting to that last season after the emphasis was be difficult to beat.

Maybe thats why some ended up leaving at end of contract because their attitude wasn't right.

Only Alnwick has bettered his career imo.