The Stephen Robinson Interviews Thread

shull

I cringe listening to the post match interviews. Full of excuses,  "Brophy is a top footballer and scores a lot of goals"  certainly not for us. Is he talking about training sessions.  In my opinion Brophy has not turned up for us since day one.

"We haven't got lucky" etc.,

Out of a cup competition with a game to play.

The manager should be considering his position if he cant pick a team capable of beating and beating well part time teams.

The lack of pace is worrying. was that now why Jonah Ayunga and Toyosi Olusanya were brought in?! I'm yet to see it from them both. Was Strain not supposed to be pace too?

Are the players looking unfit, or are they still doing 2 training sessions a day, then doing the cup games too? Are they unfit or is it they are f**ked because this cup format makes it all crazy early in the season? Not making excuses, but are they over working so early on?!

The good solid performances tail end of last season were surprisingly with the formation Jim couldn't get to work with the 3-4-1-2.

I know Robo preference is this 4-3-3, but I feel this makes the midfield narrow. I feel Kiltie is lost so deep and really is a number 10.

I feel this formation is not working to allow the overlap of the LB/LW and RB/RW. I feel it is stifling the likes of Tanser's attacking play.

Sent from my IN2023 using Tapatalk

He wants to put his own stamp on it and bring his own players in yet is pinning his hopes on Main and Brophy returning, desperate stuff and really worrying that he has made the team a lot worse.

Wonder if Lasley can multitask?

1 hour ago, Mainstand Sweary Mob said:

The lack of pace is worrying. was that now why Jonah Ayunga and Toyosi Olusanya were brought in?! I'm yet to see it from them both. Was Strain not supposed to be pace too?

Are the players looking unfit, or are they still doing 2 training sessions a day, then doing the cup games too? Are they unfit or is it they are f**ked because this cup format makes it all crazy early in the season? Not making excuses, but are they over working so early on?!

The good solid performances tail end of last season were surprisingly with the formation Jim couldn't get to work with the 3-4-1-2.

I know Robo preference is this 4-3-3, but I feel this makes the midfield narrow. I feel Kiltie is lost so deep and really is a number 10.

I feel this formation is not working to allow the overlap of the LB/LW and RB/RW. I feel it is stifling the likes of Tanser's attacking play.

Sent from my IN2023 using Tapatalk

You talk a lot of sense, imo.

We also wondered if the players are still doing double training sessions as they looked leggy.

We clearly miss Gocic/Power/Ronan in midfield.  Of the players we have only Henderson and Tanser seem able to get into positions to put in crosses from behind defences for strikers to attack.

Bright spots: O’Hara and Gallagher and, for me Ayunga (never stops running),

I’m no expert on formations but we do seem to be struggling to assert ourselves in midfield and without that games become kick and rush going forward.

He should just record these and change background as its the same tune every interview.... "not an excuse but... players coming back..... not good enough....get it right ...starting tommorrow...my fault"

Looking forward to Saturdays above comments against another new part time team....

Edited by DougJamie

At least it a change (slightly) from the JG standard interviews.

Accepting blame is understandable as the buck stops with him, but I haven't see any cohesion and dominence at any point so far which is worrying. Unable to beat part-time lower league teams puts our current form into perspective and more worryingly doesn't auger well for the League in 10 days time. 

I agree some bite and creativeity in mid-field is lacking and not sure where it's going to come from. 😬

3 hours ago, Rascal said:

You talk a lot of sense, imo.

We also wondered if the players are still doing double training sessions as they looked leggy.

We clearly miss Gocic/Power/Ronan in midfield.  Of the players we have only Henderson and Tanser seem able to get into positions to put in crosses from behind defences for strikers to attack.

Bright spots: O’Hara and Gallagher and, for me Ayunga (never stops running),

I’m no expert on formations but we do seem to be struggling to assert ourselves in midfield and without that games become kick and rush going forward.

Can you explain what leggy means and the connection to double training sessions.

I've yet to attend any of the pre-season games, though from what I gather quite a few people saying the players don't look fit enough over the course of the whole game. 
Are we working the players too hard on the build up on games and knackering them out?

Edited by kevo_smfc

Deeply worrying times.

Difficult at the moment to really say what our strongest XI is but you could certainly argue that Carson, Shaughnessy, Brophy, Main and Baccus would be in it and that's almost half a team different to the one that started last night.

Jay Henderson should also be in there well ahead of Olusanya IMO.

The gamble on Ayunga and Olusanya isn't looking massively clever right now, but we just have to hope that at least one of them will get going eventually because if they don't we are in a bit of bother.

The side is really lacking in creativity and I can't see Baccus being the answer to that going by what I've read about his attributes.

32 minutes ago, renfrew156 said:

Stephen Robinson looks all over the place, I remember just before Danny Lennon left

he was showing a lot of strain and stress in interviews, I see the same in robinson, 

it looks like we will soon be looking for a new manager.

Danny lennon was winning games right before he left and was actually quite composed during the bad run we had earlier that season

the fact that Kibble found employment for Mrs Robinson (doo doo doo, etc) indicates that he is here for a while regardless of results

7 minutes ago, div said:

Deeply worrying times.

Difficult at the moment to really say what our strongest XI is but you could certainly argue that Carson, Shaughnessy, Brophy, Main and Baccus would be in it and that's almost half a team different to the one that started last night.

Jay Henderson should also be in there well ahead of Olusanya IMO.

The gamble on Ayunga and Olusanya isn't looking massively clever right now, but we just have to hope that at least one of them will get going eventually because if they don't we are in a bit of bother.

The side is really lacking in creativity and I can't see Baccus being the answer to that going by what I've read about his attributes.

I believe changing to 442 will make a bit difference ,and Jay should start before Olusanya every time!

8 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

Danny lennon was winning games right before he left and was actually quite composed during the bad run we had earlier that season

the fact that Kibble found employment for Mrs Robinson (doo doo doo, etc) indicates that he is here for a while regardless of results

I can remember one particular interview where didn't know if it was new year or new york.

Danny always talked shite in his interviews but I noticed a definite change in his rhetoric

shortly before he left. 

6 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

Heavy legged, possibly due to over exertion in training

Players need to do extra to build stamina, upper body strength and sprint speed but overdoing it can lead to excessive tiredness in the legs

Give us a break. Professional footballers knackered after three games. We pay top dollar for advise from the backroom staff. Nutrition etc., and three bunches of guys some playing after working in a real job can can give us the runaround.  This double shift Robinson talks about is not every day. 🤭

1 hour ago, hamlet said:

Give us a break. Professional footballers knackered after three games. We pay top dollar for advise from the backroom staff. Nutrition etc., and three bunches of guys some playing after working in a real job can can give us the runaround.  This double shift Robinson talks about is not every day. 🤭

Jeez, i wasn't attempting to justify what is said, i was just answering your question about what "leggy" meant and the link to overtraining

Next time I'll know better

2 hours ago, hamlet said:

Yeah some the excuses after losing two games against part time opponents without scoring a single goal within the space of ten days are quite something. There is no excuse.

The reason we have lost both of those games is simple; Stephen Robinson.