The Stephen Robinson Interviews Thread

shull

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, santaponsasaint said:

17 goals in 6 games. His bags are half packed. Why isn't Shaughnessy back in the team what a slap in the face to play Gogic there instead of Joe. And Ayunga wouldn't make a center for a doughnut. But he signed so he plays.

Sent from my SM-S906B using Tapatalk

Totally agree on Joe. Frustratingly, we do have the players to change things up when plan A is rumbled. Brophy, Kiltie, Henderson and Flynn are all intelligent players with a bit about them. This season - post cup disaster -  we have  just brought on like for like, or wee guy for big guy up front,  and never changed shape or style of play. We are too predictable and currently way off form.

20 minutes ago, santaponsasaint said:

17 goals in 6 games. His bags are half packed. Why isn't Shaughnessy back in the team what a slap in the face to play Gogic there instead of Joe. And Ayunga wouldn't make a center for a doughnut. But he signed so he plays.

Sent from my SM-S906B using Tapatalk

To give some balance 20 goals in 13 games, selective stats are usually the sign someone is desperate to prove a point. :thumbsdown

16 hours ago, shull said:

A reasonable response in the aftermath of yesterday’s game and his interviews have improved ‘night and day’ from his first few post match efforts when he first arrived.
I wonder if the Northern Ireland job links have been a distraction to the team. There was a rumour flying around the away end at Easter Rd last week that he was away after that game, which wasn’t helpful. Imagine he’ll at least get an interview. 

He’s spot on with everything he’s saying about individuals losing their men/not tracking. He’ll know exactly who the culprits are and he’s talking about changing personnel so maybe big Joe will get the nod that he’s probably due. 
One of the biggest worries yesterday apart from the woeful defending was our lack of quality on the ball. How many times did we pass or hoof it straight to a County player? Real lack of composure and they were cutting through our midfield with ease too. Would Gogic not be better in there for a bit more dig and to protect the back line? He did exactly that for us last season  

Looks like we’ve finally found a decent free-kick taker in Strain which is a positive.

You can tell Robinson is hurting with our away performances like the rest of us and I still have faith in him, most of our home form has been great and we’re sitting in a decent position in the league.  Our depth and quality of squad is the best we’ve had in a long time. Just need to turn a few of the away games into draws and keep the home form going.

Any kind of win against the Fakes will get us motoring again and set us up to have a right go at Sevco before the break, where we have a tricky run of games to follow. 

4 minutes ago, Balmullo Bud said:

A reasonable response in the aftermath of yesterday’s game and his interviews have improved ‘night and day’ from his first few post match efforts when he first arrived.
I wonder if the Northern Ireland job links have been a distraction to the team. There was a rumour flying around the away end at Easter Rd last week that he was away after that game, which wasn’t helpful. Imagine he’ll at least get an interview. 

He’s spot on with everything he’s saying about individuals losing their men/not tracking. He’ll know exactly who the culprits are and he’s talking about changing personnel so maybe big Joe will get the nod that he’s probably due. 
One of the biggest worries yesterday apart from the woeful defending was our lack of quality on the ball. How many times did we pass or hoof it straight to a County player? Real lack of composure and they were cutting through our midfield with ease too. Would Gogic not be better in there for a bit more dig and to protect the back line? He did exactly that for us last season  

Looks like we’ve finally found a decent free-kick taker in Strain which is a positive.

You can tell Robinson is hurting with our away performances like the rest of us and I still have faith in him, most of our home form has been great and we’re sitting in a decent position in the league.  Our depth and quality of squad is the best we’ve had in a long time. Just need to turn a few of the away games into draws and keep the home form going.

Any kind of win against the Fakes will get us motoring again and set us up to have a right go at Sevco before the break, where we have a tricky run of games to follow. 

Good balanced post, recognising that it's not ALL the managers fault.

Of course he's got a part to play but his assessment of yesterday is right on the money.

The St Johnstone game is massive and, as you say, if we get the win we can, and should, have a real go against Rangers. 

10 hours ago, Balmullo Bud said:

Really good post Bud. 
First of all, like you thought his initial post match interviews when he first joined were horrific. Very defensive and lots of buck passing. They have massively improved. 
The only thing I disagree with in his interview there was that we deserved something out of the game. If Greive had scored we’d have stolen a point. 
Everything else was spot on. 
Most encouraging was a very thinly veiled hint at personnel changes. 
I’d go with Tanser and Shaughnessy back in at the expense of Gogic and either Dunne of Fraser. Not fussed which. 

Edited by TPAFKA Jersey 2

2 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Really good post Bud. 
First of all, like you thought his initial post match interviews when he first joined were horrific. Very defensive and lots of buck passing. They have massively improved. 
The only thing I disagree with in his interview there was that we deserved something out of the game. If Greive had scored we’d have stolen a point. 
Everything else was spot on. 
Most encouraging was a very thinly veiled hint at personnel changes. 
I’d go with Tanser and Shaughnessy back in at the expense of Gogic and either Dunne of Fraser. Not fussed which. 

Sorry, also meant to say in relation to changes, up front I’d be tempted to bring in Greive for Ayunga. Reluctantly though as I always think there’s a player in Ayunga. I wouldn’t bring in Brophy though. Don’t rate him at all.