St Mirren v Dundee United. (19/03/22)

Geordie Saint

1 minute ago, BuddieinEK said:

Beep beep beep beep.

Warning

Poster reversing.

Warning.

Poster reversing!

When SMISA started the buyout, Kibble were nowhere to be seen!

Sent from my HD1913 using Tapatalk

Not even a wee bit. I would challenge either of you to show the slightest bit of inconsistency in what I’ve posted. :) 

I know that, not everything is about the Kibble, you seem obsessed. 

Edited by bazil85

Not even a wee bit. I would challenge either of you to show the slightest bit of inconsistency in what I’ve posted. [emoji4] 

I know that, not everything is about the Kibble, you seem obsessed. 
[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

1 minute ago, BuddieinEK said:

You don't care enough to comment? emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

You’ve misunderstood, I’m happy to respond to you and help you take out your frustrations. I don’t care about you calling me a Boo boy, regarding this result, I am certainly looking at it in a negative light. 

I can't remember when I last felt so deflated by a second half performance. Sorry. Performance isn't the word I should use to describe what we saw from Saint Mirren today. That was eye bleeding to say the least. Those who say it could have been 5 are not exaggerating.

It was a shame Henderson's superb goal needs to be associated with the rest of what we saw.

16 minutes ago, Wardog said:

For once totally agree with u, wtf was Shaunessey doing upfront, loses header and they go and score, ffs....

Shaunessey had been waved to go up front as we looked for a winner. We didn’t get it. They did and on their second half performance they more than merited it IMO despite the late nature of their winner in added time on top of added time . Sending off. Not from where we were. No sending off then only 4 minutes of extra time. Just saying.

28 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

We didn't bottle it.
We failed to achieve it.

No release. I'm calling you out as a boo boy. Hardly a "supporter" if you believe our season is over!

I want to see us beat last seasons points total of 46. If on the way we get into the top six then so much the better.

35 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

Forget the main stand I will do likewise here and now to you you boring, repetitive, tedious twat.

Sent from my SM-A750FN using Tapatalk

What the f**k you on about you f**king idiot .

Shambles when we went to 3 at the back as no-one then seemed to know what they were doing after that. Tait and Fraser are not wing backs and sat back far too much allowing Utd to come on to us. Instead of pushing players forward we ended having more in defence. (Flynn should have been on for Fraser). And when Main came on we were down to 10. Bad decision making throughout the second half (mostly from the manager).

Everybody and their dug knows we can't play 3 at the back. When he brought on McCarthy, I thought it would be for Dunne who had made a few howlers. 
Nonsense , the shape was gone long before the red card . In fact , the reason Alnwick was forced to come out was because we had gone to 3 at the back and no-one knew who they were picking up !!!
100% agree. The change at the back f**ked the shape and anyone having a scooby doo what to do.

Tait is not a wing back and neither is Fraser. More defensive that attack there.

I thought the 1st half we played really well. Pressured them. We were playing very high up the park, it was enjoyable football and was showing like we would get another goal if that kept going. Either their half time subs made the difference or we simply are not fit enough to keep that tempo for the whole game, as the 2nd half we were shocking.

I thought that was one of Alnwick's worst games. He was coming out for f**k all and not commanding his area or using his voice to sort out the back, were they clearly didn't know what the f**k they were supposed to do. All this and the shape going and the lack of direction from anyone meant he came out and got the red. It was a cluster f**k for all, but he had a poor game before that.

I would love to see how or what Robinson does to get his own players in. If that is how he wants to play like the first half, he needs fitter and faster players than there is now. There is f**k all creativity in the team and today showed there are flashes, but we need more for the middle than 2 holding midfielders.

Also what the f**k is going on that we have f**k all players? Do we not have young hungry players that could fill the bench and give us something at all? 3 subs less ffsfca37b444fa9ffe8e95cae16db235789.jpg

Sent from my IN2023 using Tapatalk

Disappointing all round today. Fantastic start and while we might have edged the first half, certainly in terms of half chances, real pressure and corners, our ball retention and passing was overall poor. Credit to United they changed things at half time and upped the pace. We folded. No outball, static movement, poor decision making, slack and at times awful ball distribution. We didn’t deserve anything from today, especially in second half. 
whether this was down to Robinson tactics, lack of form of many players, failing to adjust to new managers instructions or maybe a combination who knows. 
l won’t judge Robinson on the remainder of this season but l don’t like the way he suggests too often that the quality of player he has is the main problem. Managers need to be able to take some of the aggro after displays like today. 
as for the sending off l will be interested in highlights as didn’t look like it was deserved. As for over 6 minute of extra time- unamused. Why say 4 on the board? 
at the end of the day betteR team won. 
Motherwell game last chance to at least pressurise others for top six, but overall we haven’t done enough this seaso, especially at home.

My day at the ground started good with a young lady giving me a loan of a season ticket to get in for hee haw  👍

( The £12 saving was duly deposited into the Court Bar till after the game )

Day got better after 3 mins of the game by a cracking goal for us. 

Rest of 1st half was poor with no keepers being involved in the game. 

2nd half and 2 different teams turned up with us being the worst of the 2  ☹️

Our bar was hit more often than i did at the pub and we ended up getting what we deserved  ☹️

My last thought was with 10 men, and you are playing with 1 up front, surely that should be the faster and not the slower player that the club have  ?

I did say earlier that Robinson was a better option than a rookie in Brown or Naismith, sadly i now think i was wrong. 

Diabolical .  Until we believe we deserve to be top six and have faith we can beat teams like utd we will not move on.

Lets be straight now.

Top six wasn't lost when Goodwin left it was lost on that run before the covid break.  You can't be chasing top six with 3 to go (2 now) you need to be in 5th at least with a 4 points cushion. 

4 hours ago, renfrew156 said:

Thank you for your long and distinguished service to St Mirren Football Club Tony,

there are not many living legends but you certainly are one. 

image.jpeg.e80ed217b133459a3a244faeeed8860a.jpeg

Thank you Tony and good to see the message from Sir Alex. Enjoy your retirement and come back soon!

2 hours ago, billyg said:

Awful performance , no shape and the formation(s) in total disarray when he started to chop and change , I said Robinson was the wrong guy and I stand by that , he's clueless ! They're shite as well , but they deserved to win !

There’s nothing about him that exudes any kind of self belief 

he might know a little about football but he is no leader