St Mirren v Dundee United. (19/03/22)

Geordie Saint

27 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

The standard is so bad though

top six teams with negative goal difference tells you that we must be really bad to be worse than the other pish

It is an odd league. I’ll give you that but if we finish above last seasons total I will still think it to be progress and give the new manager time to choose his own players in the close season. Some players are now getting to be a bit leggy and maybe not up to 90 minutes played at pace.

It is an odd league. I’ll give you that but if we finish above last seasons total I will still think it to be progress and give the new manager time to choose his own players in the close season. Some players are now getting to be a bit leggy and maybe not up to 90 minutes played at pace.
Nope.

Baz says season is over and he is never wrong! [emoji850]

Sent from my HD1913 using Tapatalk

The first half was the best we've played under Robinson, the second was up there with the worst all season. 

When it comes down to it, we're probably not good enough for a top 6 finish. We rely heavily on Ronan pulling the strings, if he has a quiet day like today, we struggle. 

Gutted. 

2 hours ago, Rascal said:

How many points did we have at this point last season Elvis?

Couldn't care less How many we had we are still god dam utter pish i wouldn't be surprised if we end up in the  play off spot we are that bad.

Well I wasn't going to comment on THAT today but jeez what a complete balls up of a management recruitment this is going to be imo. We are in relegation form at moment. Does SR not realise that the players that are at the club were brought in to play a certain way which might not have been good on the eye but effective. Whatever has happened, the players aren't doing it for this guy and instead of a new manager bounce, we have a new manager crash. 

First half was ok at best with Jay's goal making things look better. That second half performance was as bad as we have been for a long time. I know it sounds like an excuse but the wind changed for about 20 mins and we just couldn't deal with it.  II have no idea what I would do with what we have, I thought the starting line-up would be ok, but the changes were odd to say the least. Couple of weeks to work on things, need to find something to finish the season with some positivity before we rebuild for next season. 

30 minutes ago, elvis said:

Couldn't care less How many we had we are still god dam utter pish i wouldn't be surprised if we end up in the  play off spot we are that bad.

How many people (other than Tony Fitz) would have believed that we would have been 4th in the league at one point in the game today when the season started or even now, only 3 points off it. Get a grip.

17 minutes ago, Rascal said:

How many people (other than Tony Fitz) would have believed that we would have been 4th in the league at one point in the game today when the season started or even now, only 3 points off it. Get a grip.

Tony is one of the good guy's involved with St Mirren. One person you definitely know that wants the best for the club. He'll be missed imo.

Edited by munoz

1 hour ago, elvis said:

Elvis. The table at the end of last season shows that only the top 3 teams had a positive goal difference. Nothing new there.

On our current average points per game rate we should, in theory, hit 44 points.

https://spfl.co.uk/league/premiership/archive/351

Edited by Rascal

Think saints have made another dreadful mistake giving the current chap the manager position . Well beaten yet again today and five defeats from six games, including exit from the cup and no chance of the top six. Let’s face it, current form could see us relegated. No fight in this team and shoved off the ball and bullied until the united goals were obviously in the post. New manager now. 

2 minutes ago, Saint@Johnstone said:

Think saints have made another dreadful mistake giving the current chap the manager position . Well beaten yet again today and five defeats from six games, including exit from the cup and no chance of the top six. Let’s face it, current form could see us relegated. No fight in this team and shoved off the ball and bullied until the united goals were obviously in the post. New manager now. 

Not going to happen.

Do I like what I’m seeing on the pitch ? - No 

Should we judge Robinson on what has happened so far ?  - Certainly not !!

The manager should be given at least a transfer window or two to get his players in and show his vision of what we should be .  

Top six would be nice This season but if we don’t make it , I’d point the finger at the former boss rather than his replacement . Next season will prove whether Robinson was the wise choice or not. 

Give him the summer to get in players he feels will fit with his style if play first ffs. Apart from Ronan we have 0 creativity in the team, and if he is off, the whole team is off. We have both Power and Gogic. Good at cutting out at, but can't pass for shit.
We also seem to need full backs that can run for days.

Sent from my IN2023 using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Wardog said:

7 games to go, 21 points, could easily end up in play offs. People need to get blinkers off. We are utter shite.

Why not wait till we have played the next two games and see where we are. We lost this game by the slenderest of margins in time added on to time added on. It feels like a drubbing and I acknowledge that United had the better of the second half. But come on. Reserve judgement until we reach the split.

Was at hospitality yesterday and was well lubricated so the game seemed to fly by, even with the extra half hour that the ref added on at the end. 
Game of 2 halves. Utd didn’t lay a glove on us first half, brilliant goal from wee Jay  and looking like we were cruising to a victory. 
Second half was a disgrace. Although we lost the second with the last kick/header of the ball we deserved nothing. Tam Courts changed their shape and we couldn’t cope. We were second to every ball and panicked whenever we actually got the ball at our feet. Every time Ronan got the ball he had no options to hit. When Main came on, supposedly fresh, he couldn’t be arsed closing down their defenders building from the back or chasing through balls. What was Alnwick thinking trying to come out for that ball when we had defenders back? Watt actually gave a blatant shove on one of our tracking defenders which would have earned us a foul just before Jak took all the ref’s attention from that when he flattened Watt. 

That is a very ordinary Utd side’s first away league win since October. 

Well done to Shaughnessy, Erhahon and Henderson for coming up to do their duties in hospitality after the game. No sign of our manager who was allegedly telling fans to F*** off on the way off the pitch. 
Agree that we need to be patient and Robinson needs to be judged fully this time next season but his start has been really poor. Goodwin jumped ship but he left us with a good squad full of confidence. Hopefully Robinson can turn us around, but if we get beat by Well, I’m starting to look anxiously down the table rather than up. 

For me SR should have 2 games to save his job by somehow winning both and getting top 6 places. It won't happen both team wise and his job. 

Might get a result against Motherwell but absolutely no chance against Rangers with the team the way it is.

My honest prediction is and it really kills me to do it but we will be in relegation playoff with SR in charge, he has ripped the confidence out of the team. 

There is a stark contrast in fortunes of 2 clubs that changed manager at about the same time. Us and down here, carlisle. They have a previous manager in charge now and have won 5 out of 6, getting the best out of an ex saints striker. Might get slated for it being a poorer league, etc but their confidence was shot to bits prior whereas we have a manager that has done opposite.

If anyone gets chance there is a huge difference in the Paul Simpson interviews on their YouTube channel and what Stephen Robinson comes out with. One openly blames players and others doesn't, who do you think gets the best out what he has.

8 hours ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

The manager should be given at least a transfer window or two to get his players in and show his vision of what we should be .  

100%, as this is the same that many, probably the same people that are already opening the door for the manager, were insisting that Goodwin got.