Ross County v St Mirren 5th March

Kombibuddie

On 3/3/2022 at 5:27 PM, Kombibuddie said:

3 of my 4 mates going to Ross County know the challenges.

We've done a yearly trip to a St Mirren match (home or away). They know what to expect

The were coming to Love St 20+ years ago with me. They came to last game at Love St & 1st game at Greenhill road.

The 2 nights out in inverness will numb the suffering should we not win.

2 games no wins. I feel you need to ditch them unless you pray for another draw!

I don't know what to expect from us yet but I suspect we'll start with a back 5 again.

Following difficult games against two of the top three teams in the league, we need to get back to collecting some points. County are on a good run, so not the pushovers they were earlier in the season. We saw before Jim's departure that we have the players to get up the table, so time for the new management team to show their ability and get the best out of them. We need a win today, draws no longer good enough if we want to get back to mid-table safety, or even better, into top six. So, as always.....

COYS!!

IF we're to get a win we'll, IMO, need to score a couple of goals as County have been scoring in almost every game in recent form.

Not quite sure we have a couple of goals in us but as @pondsman has suggested we really could do with a win.

A draw isn't the end of the world, depending on other results, but I'd hoped we'd escaped the outlook of hoping other teams do us a favour.

It could be worse, we could be Aberdeen. :wink:

All of today's games.........................

image.png.6bfc5d35d0bed1c6be670ebad0084773.png

Very confident for a Saints win today.

Also, hoping Aberdeen leather that Scum Club at Ibrox, especially as Sevco are  celebrating a big Anniversary. 

I believe it's their tenth.

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

@Kombibuddie, this place was mentioned by a few as a possible venue, seen this on Facebook for entertainment over the weekend.

image.png.4398460dcf78cb4f40926b9449a04fb9.png

Cheers.

We started about 4pm in Gellions, visited a few more pubs, Hootenany, Lauders, Johny Foxes (are the pubs I remember the names of)

The Gellions was great. Good craic in there. We done a loop round & got back to Gellions about 11pm ish & finished off at Johnny Foxes till kicking out.

Heading off to Dingwall early doors & catch the Leeds match (one of the lads supports them)

& after the football, get to do it all again 😁.

Hopefully, with 3 points in the bag.

6 minutes ago, Kombibuddie said:

Cheers.

We started about 4pm in Gellions, visited a few more pubs, Hootenany, Lauders, Johny Foxes (are the pubs I remember the names of)

The Gellions was great. Good craic in there. We done a loop round & got back to Gellions about 11pm ish & finished off at Johnny Foxes till kicking out.

Heading off to Dingwall early doors & catch the Leeds match (one of the lads supports them)

As a side note I fear for Leeds today, hope your mate isn't looking for too much. :zipit

44 minutes ago, Kombibuddie said:

Cheers.

Try to get back to Gellions in time to see Schiehallion mate. They are brilliant. 👍

So, having established I can buy tickets on the day and despite the lure of Wimpy, I have decided not to go today. I will instead head to Dens on Wednesday night, mainly because my son can make it too (working today).

I will watch on ppv and believe it will be a good game with a few goals.

2-1 away win (Greive and Jones)

Safe travels to all Buddies making the long trip north.

COYS !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, faraway saint said:

IF we're to get a win we'll, IMO, need to score a couple of goals as County have been scoring in almost every game in recent form.

Not quite sure we have a couple of goals in us but as @pondsman has suggested we really could do with a win.

A draw isn't the end of the world, depending on other results, but I'd hoped we'd escaped the outlook of hoping other teams do us a favour.

It could be worse, we could be Aberdeen. :wink:

All of today's games.........................

image.png.6bfc5d35d0bed1c6be670ebad0084773.png

Hearts, St. Johnstone, Dundee, Rangers for me. Celtic to bear Livi tomorrow. Unfortunately 2 of those are pretty unlikely. I’d settle for draws in those games. 

14 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Hearts, St. Johnstone, Dundee, Rangers for me. Celtic to bear Livi tomorrow. Unfortunately 2 of those are pretty unlikely. I’d settle for draws in those games. 

Draw, draw, draw, home win and draw...................................could be rich if that came up? :lol:

Edited as I missed out a capital letter, illiteracy is a curse. :lol:

PPS Just checked, almost 160/1. :rolleyes:

Edited by faraway saint

A win today would be massive. Would be a big boost for Robinson and take a wee bit of pressure off, getting his first win under his belt (not that you’d be critical of him for the results in his first 2 tricky games).
The league is so tight that points leading up to the split are vital. Wins can shoot you up a few positions in the league. 
Draw wouldn’t be a disaster but a defeat makes things look a lot more challenging re the top six. 
If Main starts today the natives will start getting restless, barring the miracle of him actually scoring. 
3-2 Saints and the Buddies travelling up there having a good bounce. Fingers crossed. 

Just now, faraway saint said:

Its not a back 5. 😉

Someone needs to tell Robinson we were dreadful when we played the 3 centre half’s before, too much tinkering already for me.

Hope I’m wrong but I think we’ll struggle today and get beat, hopefully not though.