Ross County v St Mirren 5th March

Kombibuddie

Just now, saint in exile said:

Once again, toothless and clueless up front. 10 minutes to go, we're one down and passing back to the keeper! WTF? That's a Goodwin tactic.

Goodwin bailed out at the right time. I'm not convinced he left us in a good place. Players out of contract no real ability to mix up tactics. We need to let Robinson put his stamp on team at the end of the season. 

11 minutes ago, exiledfan said:

It's all about next season now sadly .  We need creativity and pace. Give Ethan a run to regain his form play 2 up front.

There are good reasons why Ethan hasn't been playing. Cannot read a game. Never tracks back, closes down, or marks anyone. Cannot tackle or pass on his right. Opposition can stroll past his right side or block his left side causing him to spin round because he cannot do anything else. Give him space and time and yes he has a good left foot. But otherwise he has too many faults that haven't improved since he was 16.

1st plus today is the rest of the diddy teams failing to win, so we are only 1 point worst off with 1 game less to play.

2nd good bit is a fridge with plenty of beers to dull the memory of that performance ☹️

There are good reasons why Ethan hasn't been playing. Cannot read a game. Never tracks back, closes down, or marks anyone. Cannot tackle or pass on his right. Opposition can stroll past his right side or block his left side causing him to spin round because he cannot do anything else. Give him space and time and yes he has a good left foot. But otherwise he has too many faults that haven't improved since he was 16.

Not forgetting he’s basically shite !

13 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

I have serious concerns that Robinson has some sort of Motherwell love in with Main.

Hard to put into words how bad that was so I won’t even try.

As we’ll as playing Main, he also seems to have replaced Fraser with Tait. Favouring his old Well boys? I think we were all disappointed when we saw the team lineup today with the 3 centre halves. Our season turned round when we changed away from that. Has no one told Robinson this?

Huge game regarding league positions and top 6 and we didn’t turn up. County were poor too.

Need a big improvement against Dundee in a few days. Hopefully he’ll learn from today.

4 minutes ago, Balmullo Bud said:

As we’ll as playing Main, he also seems to have replaced Fraser with Tait. Favouring his old Well boys? I think we were all disappointed when we saw the team lineup today with the 3 centre halves. Our season turned round when we changed away from that. Has no one told Robinson this?

Huge game regarding league positions and top 6 and we didn’t turn up. County were poor too.

Need a big improvement against Dundee in a few days. Hopefully he’ll learn from today.

Bet he  doesn't.

1 minute ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Although that is a very simplistic statement, it is supreme in its accuracy. 

I just thought it looked like no-one really knew what we were trying to do, when defending or when we were supposed to be attacking. It all looked confused (for want of a better word 😂) Brophy wide right ? and I have no idea what Main is to be honest, other than awful.

1 hour ago, JJ McG said:

Top 6 talk can get in the bin, it’s just as well Goodwin left us with a points cushion over st Johnstone and Dundee.

Don't know if that's enough if we don't beat Dundee we are in trouble in my opinion.

Three games, zero points, zero goals does not make for good reading at this stage. 
I didn’t see today’s game so can’t judge. 
I don’t like the persistent playing of Main and surely to goodness the manager can see the minimal impact he has or offers. 
He said at the start of his tenure he didn’t need to change much but seems to have reverted to the pre break set up which was fruitless. 
The concern now is that we don’t go into free fall, like county did in covid season, and the bottom two start chipping away at us. 
I think the manager now has to make his mark and an impact on the team as I feel he just thought it would tick along as they were, so to speak. 
Can I ask was Jak injured today?

Bottom six team. There is little between most teams, but we just do not score enough. Delivery not good enough, often enough. Main really not the answer, Brophy playing out of position. We are better with four at the back. Robinson needs to put stamp on team over next few months. Easy to criticise but came in at awkward moment and we must not forget we basically have had two decent runs of results and been difficult to beat , all season. We have some good players but still searching for a winning and consistent formula 

15 minutes ago, BanburyBud said:

Three games, zero points, zero goals does not make for good reading at this stage. 
I didn’t see today’s game so can’t judge. 
I don’t like the persistent playing of Main and surely to goodness the manager can see the minimal impact he has or offers. 
He said at the start of his tenure he didn’t need to change much but seems to have reverted to the pre break set up which was fruitless. 
The concern now is that we don’t go into free fall, like county did in covid season, and the bottom two start chipping away at us. 
I think the manager now has to make his mark and an impact on the team as I feel he just thought it would tick along as they were, so to speak. 
Can I ask was Jak injured today?

And only two shots at goal in all that time I believe.

So, having established I can buy tickets on the day and despite the lure of Wimpy, I have decided not to go today. I will instead head to Dens on Wednesday night, mainly because my son can make it too (working today).

I will watch on ppv and believe it will be a good game with a few goals.

2-1 away win (Greive and Jones)

Safe travels to all Buddies making the long trip north.

COYS !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well, I got that very wrong.

Two very poor sides (we were slightly worse) and neither really looked like scoring.
Only 3 shots on target per BBC.

Hoping for much better fare at Dens.

If we get a result midweek, we're 1 point off 4th place. No need for panic just yet.

No need to panic, but we need to be set up to win at Dens - none of this sitting back and hoping to hit on the break, or only starting to play after we go behind.

2 minutes ago, turrabuddie said:

No need to panic, but we need to be set up to win at Dens - none of this sitting back and hoping to hit on the break, or only starting to play after we go behind.

How would you set up to win ? Tait, Tanser, Fraser, McCarthy have all featured in various positions recently. Ronan should be back but I have no idea what kind of team SR wants to play. As long as he bins the 3 at the back, that would be a great start to improving things.