Ross County v St Mirren 5th March

Kombibuddie

28 minutes ago, munoz said:

If we get a result midweek, we're 1 point off 4th place. No need for panic just yet.

That is of course factually correct. The problem is, the way we are playing, not only are we unlikely to win at Dens, even if we do I wouldn’t hold out much hope of us sustaining a top 6 spot. I do agree though that talk of us getting dragged into a relegation battle is farcical. 

Edited by TPAFKA Jersey 2

3 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

That is of course factually correct. The problem is, the way we are playing, not only are we unlikely to win at Dens, even if we do I wouldn’t hold out much hope of us sustaining a top 6 spot. I do agree though that talk of us getting dragged into a relegation battle is farcical. 

We still have the same squad. With any luck, the manager will fecking come up with a formation and starting lineup that actually looks like we're trying to win the game from the outset. 

Having Ronan back should be a big plus, cause without him we have very little invention. 

Start with Greive and Brophy upfront. 

9 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

I get that we are hurting but I can’t see where JG would have done better in the past three games, two of which we expected little from and one to a penalty. On to Dundee and then let’s see. 

6 minutes ago, Rascal said:

I get that we are hurting but I can’t see where JG would have done better in the past three games, two of which we expected little from and one to a penalty. On to Dundee and then let’s see. 

Well we wouldn't be playing three at the back because we were shit untill Goodwin ditched it now Robinson has went back to it and we are shit once again .

5 minutes ago, Rascal said:

Well we can only speculate, but I’d guess he wouldn’t have Started Main against Celtic or subbed him on ahead of Brophy in the other two games. 
Nevertheless I’m not badging this as a Goodwin v Robinson thing. I’m sure we’d have been just as capable of turning in those performances under Goodwin. 
It’s what we do. We flatter to deceive a bit, then turn to shit again. 

2 minutes ago, Balmullo Bud said:

St Mirren manager Stephen Robinson: "It's very disappointing. I've come in and tried to just go along with what was there but now I have to go and try to put my stamp on it.
Strange comment from our gaffer…

Very strange. My view is he has already put his stamp on it by tinkering. Someone must have hid the tapes of Goodwins last 6 games! 

3 minutes ago, Balmullo Bud said:

St Mirren manager Stephen Robinson: "It's very disappointing. I've come in and tried to just go along with what was there but now I have to go and try to put my stamp on it.

He will maybe have to stick his head on it to get a reaction🥊

Absolute gash today . No composure on the ball, no creative spark from midfield , hoof ball again - it simply doesn’t work !! 
Jones should concentrate on trying to beat men rather than throwing himself to the floor , Tansers decision making is shocking, Dunne needs to cut out the 50 yard “passes” . 

And Main ?     Who the f**k decided he was a football player . The man is f**king rank rotten 😡

20 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Well we can only speculate, but I’d guess he wouldn’t have Started Main against Celtic or subbed him on ahead of Brophy in the other two games. 
Nevertheless I’m not badging this as a Goodwin v Robinson thing. I’m sure we’d have been just as capable of turning in those performances under Goodwin. 
It’s what we do. We flatter to deceive a bit, then turn to shit again. 

Yep. Flatter then shit. 

I find this odd to say. They only thing that has made him change things up would the the Ronan red card and not being available. With him out he HAS put his stamp on it as he moved away from the back 4 that was working for us and went back to the back 3/5that didn't. It's clear as f**king day to say that he has not just gone with what we had and what we were doing.

I do hope we ride this out and finish the season safe (I was hoping with our run it would be too 6). I then hope if he does favour a 433 he can find players with Pace and creativity to make that work. He does have his work cut out for him as the midfield are either out of contract or loans end when the season does.

Sent from my IN2023 using Tapatalk

Missed Ronan today and just weren’t at it or good enough.  

Robinson tinkering with the 4-2-3-1 to revert to a back 3/5 - after it having failed for the first half of the season - seems a bit bonkers.  

You’ve got to wonder what consultation has (or hasn’t) been had with Shaugnessy/Langfield/McManus to get an understanding of the evolution of our season. That should have highlighted the failed experiment of earlier in the season. 

Can’t help thinking that it’s either trying to put an necessary stamp on the team, or maybe that he fancies McCarthy as too good to sit on bench and wants to squeeze him in. Either way, it’s pish. 

He needs to realise pronto that Main isn’t an answer, albeit that Grieve hasn’t had a kick in the last few games (bar a cameo at Celtic) and Brophy still returning. 

Erhahon also looking more error strewn the less he plays. 

Finally, no great surprise to see us struggle after going behind. Typical Goodwin legacy that we struggle to create so don’t lay all the blame on Robinson for today. Took 5 mins too long to throw up Shaugnessy at the end - yet another thing that should have been flagged up to him as our get out of jail card that had worked before. 

1 minute ago, DougJamie said:

Played 3 Lost 3 GF 0 .... not a good start .... i will lose faith if SR persists with format and Main... we must get something out of Dee game to have any chance of top 6.... 10th looking more likely .... in summary...Pish

DJ. Losing to Celtic away was no surprise and by considerably fewer goals than we did on our last visit there was ok by me. Losing to Hearts at home was tougher to take but they are clearly the 3rd best team in Scotland .So again. No panic. Our Third game away to the leagues current in firm side RC was always going to be close. We lost to a penalty.  Goals against us in open play seem to more difficult to achieve. Top 6 chances are still there. Results in the next few games will decide. Teams are so closely packed together. Great in my opinion. Interest in every game! Tough on the nerves though.

22 minutes ago, Rascal said:

DJ. Losing to Celtic away was no surprise and by considerably fewer goals than we did on our last visit there was ok by me. Losing to Hearts at home was tougher to take but they are clearly the 3rd best team in Scotland .So again. No panic. Our Third game away to the leagues current in firm side RC was always going to be close. We lost to a penalty.  Goals against us in open play seem to more difficult to achieve. Top 6 chances are still there. Results in the next few games will decide. Teams are so closely packed together. Great in my opinion. Interest in every game! Tough on the nerves though.

So many words, nothing new to add. 👎

7 hours ago, elvis said:

Will we f**k it will be 2-0

Wrong.

6 hours ago, elvis said:

Not yet got a possible play off to come yet.

Wrong.

5 hours ago, elvis said:

And only two shots at goal in all that time I believe.

Wrong.  7

4 hours ago, elvis said:

We won't .

Wrong.

you're not as good as Mystic Meg, then?

5 hours ago, Balmullo Bud said:

I’ve not seen his interview, but if he really said that, he’s gone right down in my estimations. 

1) It’s not true; and

2) what a f**kin cop out, blame shifting piece of shit. 

Edited by TPAFKA Jersey 2