Ross County v St Mirren 5th March

Kombibuddie

6 hours ago, Balmullo Bud said:

St Mirren manager Stephen Robinson: "It's very disappointing. I've come in and tried to just go along with what was there but now I have to go and try to put my stamp on it.
Strange comment from our gaffer…

That statement is utter shite from Robinson he changed the system to 3 at the back,  Why did no one speak up and tell him it doesn't work with these players 

Saying that if we get well beaten against this Heart's team it's down to Goodwin.  he left us when the team was flying he kicked the club and the player's in the Haw Maw's..   Don't forget that 

6 hours ago, portmahomack saint said:

That statement is utter shite from Robinson he changed the system to 3 at the back,  Why did no one speak up and tell him it doesn't work with these players 

Saying that if we get well beaten against this Heart's team it's down to Goodwin.  he left us when the team was flying he kicked the club and the player's in the Haw Maw's..   Don't forget that 

Not buying that, by that time the new manager will have had 4 games under his belt and SHOULD be in a position to get us playing as well as Goodwin did, although it's got to be said we went through a very poor period with Goodwin before the break.

Whatever happens against Hearts, better or worse, is down to the new manager AND the players, don't forget them. 

On 3/3/2022 at 6:22 AM, faraway saint said:

5 league games to play before the "split" with this one looking like a hard place to get much more than a draw IMO as Ross County have really picked up, as they normally seem to do later in the season. 

@Kombibuddie, better prepare yourself, and your company, for a hard 90 minutes. 

After this game it's Dundee (A), Dundee Utd (H), Motherwell (A) and Rangers (H)

Points from these 5 games, 5 as we don't look like we can score many goals. 

Well, only 4 pre split games to go now and the first three games are against teams that are, on paper, almost as poor as us so we've got to think we can pick up points.

The Dundee game is looking like we should get a point, at least, although a team fighting for it's survival will always be dangerous.

9 hours ago, faraway saint said:

He wasn't very high on your estimation to start with. 😆

Ach not really. I’ll admit to having been a wee bit underwhelmed by the prospect and initially thought maybe it would’ve been more interesting to take a punt on one of the younger guys being touted, but in the end I came round to the idea he was probably the right choice.

All I’m saying here is that statement shows him in a very poor light. 

Going for a 1st here and going with Shull...Martindale was a great shout and carried the last 2 managers at Livi.. we need that drive and dare i say commitment... SG needs to create his own culture and playing style ... Martindale wouldnt even let Main paint the fecking grass

10 hours ago, faraway saint said:

So many words, nothing new to add. 👎

Worth repeating. This has been and still is , IMO, a successful season in league terms. Full of ups and downs. Like every other fan, I prefer the ups! A cup quarter final coming up against the countries third best team. A manager who left due to his success rather than failure. Not for the faint hearted but boy is it full of interest. Have seldom seen the club get as much column inches and media attention.

2 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Not buying that, by that time the new manager will have had 4 games under his belt and SHOULD be in a position to get us playing as well as Goodwin did, although it's got to be said we went through a very poor period with Goodwin before the break.

Whatever happens against Hearts, better or worse, is down to the new manager AND the players, don't forget them. 

Even after the break we were very fortunate to pick up as many points as we did. We sneaked those victories thanks mainly to the heroics in goal of big Jak. Those games got Goodwin the gig at Aberdeen. He got very lucky. 

We can’t seem to score. Have struggled for years to find anyone who can consistently hit the back of the net in the top league. 

We pushed the boat out for Brophy and so far it’s looking like a poor gamble.

These next two games could define our season. A good victory against Dundee would help boost confidence ahead of the cup game, but I fear for us if we lose.

I’m really unimpressed with the new manager so far. He has a big week ahead of him. 

Hopefully this time next week I’m nursing the mother of all celebratory hangovers!

6 minutes ago, SuperSaints1877 said:

Even after the break we were very fortunate to pick up as many points as we did. We sneaked those victories thanks mainly to the heroics in goal of big Jak. Those games got Goodwin the gig at Aberdeen. He got very lucky. 

We can’t seem to score. Have struggled for years to find anyone who can consistently hit the back of the net in the top league. 

These next two games could define our season. A good victory against Dundee would help boost confidence ahead of the cup game, but I fear for us if we lose.

I’m really unimpressed with the new manager so far. He has a big week ahead of him. 

Hopefully this time next week I’m nursing the mother of all celebratory hangovers!

I like your final sentence 

33 minutes ago, Rascal said:

Worth repeating. This has been and still is , IMO, a successful season in league terms. Full of ups and downs. Like every other fan, I prefer the ups! A cup quarter final coming up against the countries third best team. A manager who left due to his success rather than failure. Not for the faint hearted but boy is it full of interest. Have seldom seen the club get as much column inches and media attention.

Jeezo, more words with no thought.

Ok, let's look at things.................This has been and still is , IMO, a successful season in league terms.

No it hasn't as the season still has a way to go. Anything less than 7th will be unsuccessful. 

A cup quarter final coming up against the countries third best team.

This season we were turfed out of the league cup early so, compared to last season, unsuccessful.

Yes we are in the quarter final of the Scottish cup but a defeat will be unsuccessful compared to last season. A semi final, will be equal, a final, successful. 

A manager who left due to his success rather than failure.

A strange decision, IMO, by Aberdeen, smacked of panic as Goodwin has had a mixed season, although he was, again IMO, successful last season overall. 

13 hours ago, Maboza said:

Missed Ronan today and just weren’t at it or good enough.  

Robinson tinkering with the 4-2-3-1 to revert to a back 3/5 - after it having failed for the first half of the season - seems a bit bonkers.  

You’ve got to wonder what consultation has (or hasn’t) been had with Shaugnessy/Langfield/McManus to get an understanding of the evolution of our season. That should have highlighted the failed experiment of earlier in the season. 

Can’t help thinking that it’s either trying to put an necessary stamp on the team, or maybe that he fancies McCarthy as too good to sit on bench and wants to squeeze him in. Either way, it’s pish. 

He needs to realise pronto that Main isn’t an answer, albeit that Grieve hasn’t had a kick in the last few games (bar a cameo at Celtic) and Brophy still returning. 

Erhahon also looking more error strewn the less he plays. 

Finally, no great surprise to see us struggle after going behind. Typical Goodwin legacy that we struggle to create so don’t lay all the blame on Robinson for today. Took 5 mins too long to throw up Shaugnessy at the end - yet another thing that should have been flagged up to him as our get out of jail card that had worked before. 

Spot on.

34 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Jeezo, more words with no thought.

Ok, let's look at things.................This has been and still is , IMO, a successful season in league terms.

No it hasn't as the season still has a way to go. Anything less than 7th will be unsuccessful. 

A cup quarter final coming up against the countries third best team.

This season we were turfed out of the league cup early so, compared to last season, unsuccessful.

Yes we are in the quarter final of the Scottish cup but a defeat will be unsuccessful compared to last season. A semi final, will be equal, a final, successful. 

A manager who left due to his success rather than failure.

A strange decision, IMO, by Aberdeen, smacked of panic as Goodwin has had a mixed season, although he was, again IMO, successful last season overall. 

Nonsense. Last season was our best for some time in the league. Matching it, which we still can do, would be good. Beating it would be excellent and is still possible.

We haven’t played the quarter final yet…have you conceded?

JG leaving when he did gives us time to build for next season. JR leaving did not

10 minutes ago, Rascal said:

Nonsense. Last season was our best for some time in the league. Matching it, which we still can do, would be good. Beating it would be excellent and is still possible.

We haven’t played the quarter final yet…have you conceded?

JG leaving when he did gives us time to build for next season. JR leaving did not

Ah gie up. :byebye

6 hours ago, SuperSaints1877 said:

100% agree with all this.

4 hours ago, john scott said:

Might have missed it elsewhere but to save me trawling, what were the 'alleged incidents' mentioned on the OS in Dingwall Saturday?

31368FDC-4DC9-47A3-9A1A-8792CD64F976.gif.8c4c79dfc61cebb17fc7b0541e0057bc.gif