Ukraine v Russia Has Kicked Off

shull

29 minutes ago, exiledfan said:

Watching question time last night was uncomfortable.  Ukraine MP who was returning to her country today asking why we couldn't help more with no fly zone and further action and constant answer was your so brave but we can't risk WW3.  The fear factor of nukes surely shows it's time for the world to disarm them. 

I shared your discomfort. But. Sadly, believe that the west is correct in drawing the line where they have. Don’t like it but reluctantly accept it. 

28 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

If there were no nuclear weapons would that encourage more wars using non nuclear weapons? 

Or would we have gone and ended Ukraine war by now and have saved tens of thousands of lives ? It seems to me that rather than a deterrent it gives power to the nutters like Putin and North Korea and puts fear into the developed world they will use them. 

If you didn't know Boris, the lying cnut, Johnston was a crass snake then this should settle it for you.

He said in a speech to the Scottish tories, 

"I know that it's the instinct of the people of this country, like the people of Ukraine, to choose freedom, every time. I can give you a couple of famous recent examples.

"When the British people voted for Brexit in such large, large numbers, I don't believe it was because they were remotely hostile to foreigners.

"It's because they wanted to be free to do things differently and for this country to be able to run itself."

The man, (and I use that term very loosely), has no shame.

Edited by stlucifer

3 hours ago, stlucifer said:

If you didn't know Boris, the lying cnut, Johnston was a crass snake then this should settle it for you.

He said in a speech to the Scottish tories, 

"I know that it's the instinct of the people of this country, like the people of Ukraine, to choose freedom, every time. I can give you a couple of famous recent examples.

"When the British people voted for Brexit in such large, large numbers, I don't believe it was because they were remotely hostile to foreigners.

"It's because they wanted to be free to do things differently and for this country to be able to run itself."

The man, (and I use that term very loosely), has no shame.

He makes my stomach turn, as do his supporters  apologists

he pulled on his Churchill cape and set himself up as the leader of the west  to try and shake off the party scandals and you can't believe he is going hard on Russians when so many have bankrolled him and his campaigns.  There is a link though, the Russians spiked all of the right-wing nationalists across Europe a few years ago in an attempt to see if the EU could be fractured by a member country leaving.  Only one very stupid country bit and he saw one of the EU's biggest powers go off on their own, so he saw the opportunity to stick it to Ukraine.  Europe was diminished and the UK is no longer a sufficiently strong military power to worry Putin on it's own or to even send in a ground force.  

Is there a sniff of this coming to an end?

Ukraine, if I heard it correctly this morning, seem willing to forgo membership to NATO, quite a move.

The difficult bit is Putin seems to have lost the little sense he had, at this point he, and Russia, have lost face, not sure he's ready to feck off back to Russia.

3 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Is there a sniff of this coming to an end?

Ukraine, if I heard it correctly this morning, seem willing to forgo membership to NATO, quite a move.

The difficult bit is Putin seems to have lost the little sense he had, at this point he, and Russia, have lost face, not sure he's ready to feck off back to Russia.

Zelensky went on record last week (15th March) regarding the NATO membership. https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/mar/15/kyiv-facing-dangerous-moment-amid-signs-of-russias-tightening-grip
Putin has strategic objectives to secure parts of Ukraine to protect his interests and land borders that he started out on 8 years ago. He does not give a shit how many Russian lives he has to sacrifice to achieve that. He is a fcuking c**t.

Zelensky went on record last week (15th March) regarding the NATO membership. https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/mar/15/kyiv-facing-dangerous-moment-amid-signs-of-russias-tightening-grip
Putin has strategic objectives to secure parts of Ukraine to protect his interests and land borders that he started out on 8 years ago. He does not give a shit how many Russian lives he has to sacrifice to achieve that. He is a fcuking c**t.
Read something yesterday that reported him as saying 50,000 Russian lives would be a price worth paying to achieve his objectives (as long as his wasn't one of them, I assume). Only about 40,000 to go then.

Yes, he is a c**t. There's a thread about total cunts, you could add him to it.

Russia marched into Crimea and according to Russian figures , suffered only a handful of troop deaths - or so they said.

Russias official figures for this are around the 500 mark -  UN , Ukrainian & other international bodies put the figure anywhere between 7-15000.  What the real figures is we will probably never know , we can only be sure that Putin and his Kremlin cronies will be massively downplaying the deaths and painting the whole thing as a glorious liberation for Ukraine.

The man is a dangerous grade A loonball who doesn’t care about anyone bar himself and his closest advisors.  We can only hope that the Oligarchs who have his ear manage to talk some sense into him and the international community enables him to have an exit strategy that helps him save face. ( OR ONE OF HIS SIDE TAKES HIM OUT 🙄

Unpalatable I know but the alternative doesn’t bear thinking about - neither for the Russian people nor the West future security 

2 hours ago, Slarti said:

Read something yesterday that reported him as saying 50,000 Russian lives would be a price worth paying to achieve his objectives (as long as his wasn't one of them, I assume). Only about 40,000 to go then.

Yes, he is a c**t. There's a thread about total cunts, you could add him to it.

remember the Uk's "good result" on covid 19 deaths

Truly a c*nt but in reality cut from the same cloth as our resident c*nt of Russian descent

Edited by beyond our ken

1 hour ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

So, like almost everyone else in the world, they got it wrong? :wacko:

Sheesh. 

This statement was made in March 2020, although a "good outcome" was not the best term for a hopeful outcome. 

Edited by faraway saint

17 hours ago, faraway saint said:

So, like almost everyone else in the world, they got it wrong? :wacko:

Sheesh. 

This statement was made in March 2020, although a "good outcome" was not the best term for a hopeful outcome. 

Let’s just remind ourselves , this statement was made by one of our “Experts”.  Doesn’t fill you with much faith does it ? 

28 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Let’s just remind ourselves , this statement was made by one of our “Experts”.  Doesn’t fill you with much faith does it ? 

Indeed, there were many "experts" & "scientists" coming out of the woodwork and selling us their guesses.

Ach, the sun's shining, I'll fill my world with happiness and love......................and cocktails. :wink:

2 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Indeed, there were many "experts" & "scientists" coming out of the woodwork and selling us their guesses.

Ach, the sun's shining, I'll fill my world with happiness and love......................and cocktails. :wink:

Difference is though , these “experts “ are paid a very handsome sum to give information on which policy is decided - or so the Governments across the UK would have us believe. 

if I employed an expert to do a job and he was out by a factor of 8 or more - I’d be wanting a f**king refund .🙄😂

4 minutes ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Difference is though , these “experts “ are paid a very handsome sum to give information on which policy is decided - or so the Governments across the UK would have us believe. 

if I employed an expert to do a job and he was out by a factor of 8 or more - I’d be wanting a f**king refund .🙄😂

Or at least "expert" removed from their office door. 😉

On 2/25/2022 at 12:27 PM, beyond our ken said:

On 2/28/2022 at 1:20 PM, portmahomack saint said:

Hopefully this is a not true and the soldiers are just in captivity

On 2/28/2022 at 1:31 PM, antrin said:

I read something this morning to say that there has been further communication from people on that island.  Not the extermination that was intended.  :)

FYI

I’ve just read the following in The Grauniad…

• A Ukrainian soldier who told a Russian warship to “go f**k yourself” while defending an island has been awarded for his services, local authorities said. Roman Hrybov was serving on Snake Island – known as Zmiinyi Island in Ukrainian – when it came under Russian air and sea bombardment on 24 February.Ukraine’s defence ministry said Hrybov was released from Russian captivity and is now home in Cherkasy.

:)