Ukraine v Russia Has Kicked Off

shull

Believe me, the RoI doesn't want to be saddled with the North. Only the die hard Republicans here would welcome them. Too much historical baggage. And, FYI, loyalist bombs DID go off here, in Dublin and Monaghan.
Aye, but if we give them it as a present, it would be impolite for them to refuse it and the Irish are very polite people.

I am well aware that bombs went off in ROI. My point was that none of the twats would have reason to bomb UK.

Anyway, it was a tongue-in-cheek "solution".

58 minutes ago, Slarti said:

Aye, but if we give them it as a present, it would be impolite for them to refuse it and the Irish are very polite people.

I am well aware that bombs went off in ROI. My point was that none of the twats would have reason to bomb UK.

Anyway, it was a tongue-in-cheek "solution".

But you would, imo, be wrong. Unionists would feel betrayed by the UK who after all colonised the whole country and then deliberately planted a mostly Scots Protestant population in the North and then engineered the creation of Northern Ireland as a state with a built in Unionists/Protestant majority. 

But you would, imo, be wrong. Unionists would feel betrayed by the UK who after all colonised the whole country and then deliberately planted a mostly Scots Protestant population in the North and then engineered the creation of Northern Ireland as a state with a built in Unionists/Protestant majority. 
So unionists would bomb the UK until we take NI back? Don't be silly.

14 minutes ago, Slarti said:
18 minutes ago, Rascal said:

It may be unlikely. But remember them and the other lot spent 30+ years bombing their OWN country. So who knows what these irrational imbeciles would be capable of?

1 hour ago, Slarti said:
1 hour ago, Rascal said:

So….tell me. Did the Unionists carry out bombings in NI ? Do they consider NI to be part of the UK? The answer to both is yes. This was a civil war. I wouldn’t rule it out. Right wing terrorism is a real worry for police and not only in the UK.

Edited by Rascal

So….tell me. Did the Unionists carry out bombings in NI ? Do they consider NI to be part of the UK? The answer to both is yes. This was a civil war. I wouldn’t rule it out. Right wing terrorism is a real worry for police and not only in the UK.
It wasn't a civil war, it was a bunch of wankers (on both sides) shooting folk and blowing shit up.

Who/what would be unionist targets in the UK? Chapels? Catholic schools? What? How would unionists commiting terrorism in UK encourage UK to "take back" NI in this scenario.

15 minutes ago, Slarti said:

It wasn't a civil war, it was a bunch of wankers (on both sides) shooting folk and blowing shit up.

Who/what would be unionist targets in the UK? Chapels? Catholic schools? What? How would unionists commiting terrorism in UK encourage UK to "take back" NI in this scenario.

It was a civil war in all but name. Both sides committed atrocities. Ireland did not invite England as it then was to come to the country. I find it hard to complain about the Irish wanting to run their own country. Ulster was a human engineering experiment where Scots Protestants were given land, work and voting rights ahead of the indigenous population and the eventual split gerrymandered to create a Protestant unionist state. I feel for both communities involved as they were playthings for politicians.
Unionist targets would be more likely be MPs and Parliament. Jo Cox was murdered by a right wing fanatic. 

18 minutes ago, Slarti said:
44 minutes ago, antrin said:
No.
it wasn’t.

IIRC… it was total cunts.  emoji4.png

In my defence, they are not mutually exclusive.

Then explain this…

I’m not a total c**t and I’m a….

Too much info?

1 hour ago, exiledfan said:

Any way all this talk has reminded me it's the Derry Girls finale tonight. Brilliant TV.

6/7 tonight.

7th and final episode tomorrow night.

Cannae wait. Love it.

3 hours ago, exiledfan said:

Any way all this talk has reminded me it's the Derry Girls finale tonight. Brilliant TV.

I’ve been catching up with Chivalry - Steve Coogan… kinda US series.  Pleasant. Mildly amusing, slight story.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Russia attacked Ukraine and unleashed a terrible war. Many civilians are dying, including women and children. The occupiers are seizing the territories of an independent country and we call for stopping the financial support of the aggressor country. If you are doing business or doing business in Russia, then you are sponsoring murder and war. Help stop the war. Learn more about how business affects the military situation at https://www.pissedconsumer.com/blog/2022/03/how-business-in-russia-hurt-ukraine/ and make your choice. Support the civilian population, save people from death.