Ukraine v Russia Has Kicked Off

shull

15 hours ago, W6er said:

Yes, I was once conned into buying a book on Nazi occultism, but it was absolute rubbish. It's difficult to discern fact from fiction with Hitler and the Occult. Certainly there was widespread use of the runes and alleged bizarre rituals at Wewelsburg. How much of it is exaggerated is unclear, though.

Many Ukrainian nationalists appear to adore the Nazis, as they saw them as liberators, though they also don't appear to be antisemitic and are happy to be governed by Zelensky, who is Jewish. I think mostly it is a way of expressing anti-USSR sentiment, which is understandable. However what is utterly disgusting is how they have treated pro-Russians in their society, particularly since 2014.

I think this is the documentary I saw on it, though can't recall precisely:

That video is Brutal stuff, people in the west forgot this conflict has been going on since 2014 ! It also shows that humans are only a short step away from utter barbarity. 

13 hours ago, Slarti said:

Ok, maybe I should have said "understand" not "read" because it does no such thing.

I think it's you who clearly doesn't understand. Jewish people can be identified by their DNA. There's no such thing as 'Christian DNA'. You cannot identify a coin collector, a train spotter or a car enthusiast by their DNA! If Jewishness wasn't  at all linked to ethnicity, then similarly there would be no point in testing for Jewish DNA. They're a Semitic people who have for two thousand years mixed with Europeans and that has resulted in Jewish ethnic groups. 

The fact that you maintain there is no such thing as Jewish ethnicity, despite the law stating otherwise, as well as Wikipedia, illustrates you simply won't admit you're wrong. I have nothing more to add on this matter, as I don't see there's any point debating with you. Enjoy the game tomorrow, if you're there! :) 

I think it's you who clearly doesn't understand. Jewish people can be identified by their DNA. There's no such thing as 'Christian DNA'. You cannot identify a coin collector, a train spotter or a car enthusiast by their DNA! If Jewishness wasn't  at all linked to ethnicity, then similarly there would be no point in testing for Jewish DNA. They're a Semitic people who have for two thousand years mixed with Europeans and that has resulted in Jewish ethnic groups. 
The fact that you maintain there is no such thing as Jewish ethnicity, despite the law stating otherwise, as well as Wikipedia, illustrates you simply won't admit you're wrong. I have nothing more to add on this matter, as I don't see there's any point debating with you. Enjoy the game tomorrow, if you're there! [emoji4] 
So if I was to convert to Judaism (I.e. become a Jew) my DNA would change? Cultural Jewishness is an ethnicity but being a Jew does not necessarily mean you are culturally Jewish, it means you are a follower of (or adherent to) Judaism - in the same way that a Christian is a follower of (or adherent to) Christianity.

Do Ethiopian Jews fall in with your DNA claim?

6 minutes ago, Slarti said:

So if I was to convert to Judaism (I.e. become a Jew) my DNA would change? Cultural Jewishness is an ethnicity but being a Jew does not necessarily mean you are culturally Jewish, it means you are a follower of (or adherent to) Judaism - in the same way that a Christian is a follower of (or adherent to) Christianity.

Do Ethiopian Jews fall in with your DNA claim?

https://geneticliteracyproject.org/2015/06/16/evidence-mounts-of-ancient-jewish-roots-of-beta-israel-ethiopian-jewry/

Enjoy the game tomorrow. :) 

On 7/30/2022 at 12:08 AM, Slarti said:
On 7/29/2022 at 11:26 PM, ALBIONSAINT said:
The Nazi use of the Rune is still very much alive today in the neo-Nazi Azov brigade, the western media tend not to focus much on this aspect of Ukraine 
2538C98A-69F4-4F70-9195-56B429FE8111.thumb.jpeg.99808584bd6a56cb6078ad1f8ecb7c2a.jpeg

Yeah, and what about all those nasty Hindus still using the swastika after the nazis usurped it. And all those Germans still using German. And ...

My point was that all these things existed before the Nazis and just because a person or group uses them, it doesn't automatically mean that they are Nazis themselves. Nazis are not Nazis because they use runes, they use runes because they are Nazis. They are Nazis because, well, they are Nazis, not because of any iconography they use.

Basically, I wasn't arguing that that particular group weren't Nazis, just that it shouldn't be automatically assumed that the use of the runes makes someone a Nazi.

I've probably just made this less clear with that "explanation". [emoji1787]

8 minutes ago, Slarti said:

My point was that all these things existed before the Nazis and just because a person or group uses them, it doesn't automatically mean that they are Nazis themselves. Naziz are not Nazis because they use runes, they use runes because they are Nazis. They are Nazis because, well, they are Nazis, not because of any iconography they use.

I've probably just made this less clear with that "explanation". emoji1787.png

Like the video above shows, it’s not just the Runes the Azov battalion use....Hitler youth flag and Black sun ! This makes it  very It hard to argue against Putin when he is claiming that the Ukraine has been infiltrated by Neo-Nazis. Also interesting that they were formed from an Ultras fan group, better keep an eye on the W7 section 😙😅

Edited by ALBIONSAINT

Like the video above shows, it’s not just the Runes the Azov battalion use....Hitler youth flag and Black sun ! This makes it  very It hard to argue against Putin when he is claiming that the Ukraine has been infiltrated by Neo-Nazis. Also interesting that they were formed from an Ultras fan group, better keep an eye on the W7 section [emoji11][emoji28]
There's no doubt that Eastern Europe is rife with bigotry of many hues but Putin trying to make out that Ukraine's Jewish president is a Nazi was a bit of a stretch.

34 minutes ago, Slarti said:
48 minutes ago, ALBIONSAINT said:
Like the video above shows, it’s not just the Runes the Azov battalion use....Hitler youth flag and Black sun ! This makes it  very It hard to argue against Putin when he is claiming that the Ukraine has been infiltrated by Neo-Nazis. Also interesting that they were formed from an Ultras fan group, better keep an eye on the W7 section emoji11.pngemoji28.png

There's no doubt that Eastern Europe is rife with bigotry of many hues but Putin trying to make out that Ukraine's Jewish president is a Nazi was a bit of a stretch.

A bit of a stretch perhaps as you say but by the description of Nazi in the context in which the word is used here leaves the possibility open. Being by north and choice Jewish doesn’t prevent him and others around him from having right wing Nationalistic views and a dislike of their large imperialistic and notionally communist neighbour.

A bit of a stretch perhaps as you say but by the description of Nazi in the context in which the word is used here leaves the possibility open. Being by north and choice Jewish doesn’t prevent him and others around him from having right wing Nationalistic views and a dislike of their large imperialistic and notionally communist neighbour.

Of course it doesn't, there are plenty of right wing nationalist Jews in Israel. Putin used "Nazi" then attempted to redefine it when he realised he made a c**t of it.

3 hours ago, Slarti said:

Of course it doesn't, there are plenty of right wing nationalist Jews in Israel. Putin used "Nazi" then attempted to redefine it when he realised he made a c**t of it.

I wasn’t suggesting that I believed this but that this was the argument used to justify the use of the word in the context of The Special Military Operation. The “oppressed” people in this case being ethic, Russian speakers in Ukraine. and the “pure” strain being ethnic, Ukrainian speakers. Language and culture being interlinked. But enough. Thanks for your alternative opinion.

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, Slarti said:
1 hour ago, Rascal said:
Absolute Lunacy
Putin must be mad.

Not necessarily mad. Arrogant, power hungry and used to being able to act with impunity - not a good mix when things don't go his way.

Also entirely possible

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...