Ukraine v Russia Has Kicked Off

shull

2 hours ago, faraway saint said:

What, exactly, are the sanctions against the likes of Abramovitch? 

As already mentioned, he's done what he can, temporarly, to distance himself from Chelsea and also, as mentioned, what good would come from banning Chelsea from the english league?

Isn't it FIFA who make the decisiona on banning teams? 

Three questions. Firstly. Restrictions on flights including private jets. Secondly. Assets frozen ….hence why Mr A moved so quickly with what he did. Personally I would have no problems with the club facing sanctions. One of the risks (although extreme) that investing in another country brings. FIFA certainly have jurisdiction internationally but they can’t , IMO, overrule local laws so if sanctions were applied in the UK on Russian owned assets then that would be that. Much would depend on interpretation but clearly he was worried.

To be fair to Abramovich he has been approached by the Ukrainian community to represent them with Moscow and according to the Ukrainians he is the only one who has actively responded by trying to help, now you may say he is protecting his own interezts and reputation but if he has any success at all them good on him.

7 minutes ago, Rascal said:

Three questions. Firstly. Restrictions on flights including private jets. Secondly. Assets frozen ….hence why Mr A moved so quickly with what he did. Personally I would have no problems with the club facing sanctions. One of the risks (although extreme) that investing in another country brings. FIFA certainly have jurisdiction internationally but they can’t , IMO, overrule local laws so if sanctions were applied in the UK on Russian owned assets then that would be that. Much would depend on interpretation but clearly he was worried.

Firstly......................wrang. 

Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich is not among the Russian oligarchs facing “severe” sanctions by the UK over the brutal invasion of Ukraine.

Secondly...............wrang. See above.

Thirdly...................Aye, so the chances of the UK taking ANY action against Chelsea are slim to nowt. 

Just now, faraway saint said:

Firstly......................wrang. 

Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich is not among the Russian oligarchs facing “severe” sanctions by the UK over the brutal invasion of Ukraine.

Secondly...............wrang. See above.

Thirdly...................Aye, so the chances of the UK taking ANY action against Chelsea are slim to nowt. 

Rubbish as usual

3 minutes ago, Rascal said:

Eh?

Nothing to do with the points previously posted. 

As usual you've lost the plot, highly amusing but worrying, should you be allowed out on your own? :lol:

Edited by faraway saint

3 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

So, AT THIS POINT IN TIME, there are no restrictions?

Thanks, just as I posted. :lol:

Did you read the stuff? Do you follow anything other than the betting odds?  All of the Oligarchs are being targeted with the government working their way through the list and legalities of sanctioning Russian owned companies and assets including those held through nominee companies. Man…you are slow on the uptake.

1 minute ago, Rascal said:

Did you read the stuff? Do you follow anything other than the betting odds?  All of the Oligarchs are being targeted with the government working their way through the list and legalities of sanctioning Russian owned companies and assets including those held through nominee companies. Man…you are slow on the uptake.

7 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

:lol:

1 minute ago, faraway saint said:

Keep digging, I'm pissing myself at you squirming, as usual, no shame and no grace to admit you've fecked up.

Give your carer a shout, you need help. :byebye

No squirming here wee man. No point in trying to educate you in politics or finance. Stay ignorant. Looks like you don’t have a choice anyway.

15 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

All? (One day you will learn to read)

There's only one fool and that is me Mr Titch. :lol:

If you say so. Pressure still on the UK gov to ensure that Mr A is amongst those sanctioned ie. doesn’t escape them despite his PR teams efforts. Do try to keep up with the news. Tear yourself away from the betting threads. 

https://www.jewishnews.co.uk/boris-johnson-confronted-by-emotional-ukrainian-journalist-over-abramovich-sanctions/

Edited by Rascal

Final wee bit as I like helping.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10564049/amp/Dominic-Raab-urges-Roman-Abramovich-condemn-forcefully-Putins-regime.html

Under pressure. Which way will he jump and what happens if he doesn’t do as asked???

One to one class over for the night Titch.

2 hours ago, faraway saint said:

What, exactly, are the sanctions against the likes of Abramovitch? 

As already mentioned, he's done what he can, temporarly, to distance himself from Chelsea and also, as mentioned, what good would come from banning Chelsea from the english league?

Isn't it FIFA who make the decisiona on banning teams? 

I reading something the other day which said Chelsea owed Abramovitch £1.5 billion , if he’s the owner you got to wonder why he would lend them and how much he’s actually plowed in if this is true .

6 minutes ago, linwood buddie said:

I reading something the other day which said Chelsea owed Abramovitch £1.5 billion , if he’s the owner you got to wonder why he would lend them and how much he’s actually plowed in if this is true .

I doubt many owners, as rich as they are, invest to MAKE money, a passion, another toy, whatever you fancy calling it.

I wonder what the Man City owners have spent? 

Edited by faraway saint

45 minutes ago, Rascal said:

44 minutes ago, Rascal said:

22 minutes ago, Rascal said:

If you say so. Pressure still on the UK gov to ensure that Mr A is amongst those sanctioned ie. doesn’t escape them despite his PR teams efforts. Do try to keep up with the news. Tear yourself away from the betting threads. 

https://www.jewishnews.co.uk/boris-johnson-confronted-by-emotional-ukrainian-journalist-over-abramovich-sanctions/

11 minutes ago, Rascal said:

Final wee bit as I like helping.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10564049/amp/Dominic-Raab-urges-Roman-Abramovich-condemn-forcefully-Putins-regime.html

Under pressure. Which way will he jump and what happens if he doesn’t do as asked???

One to one class over for the night Titch.

42 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Fantastic entertainment, thanks Thicky. :lol:

20 minutes ago, linwood buddie said:

LB. Not an investment. As you say…A loan secured on the property which more than covers his loan. 

Edited by Rascal