Celtic v St Mirren SPFL PREMIERSHIP 2/3/22

shull

After today's baffling performance it's hard to see us getting anything from this game.

Before today I thought we could have caused Celtic some problems but today came right out of the blue and was a concern.

Hearts, who couldn't buy a win, could/should have scored 4 or 5, Celtic WILL murder us if we are so poor.

This could fall into another game we give up the 3 points with a whimper, something that shouldn't happen if we see ourselves as a top six team. 

39 minutes ago, shull said:

I have absolutely no fear in playing the Green Vermin.

There for the taking.

^^^^^^^^^ The opposite of elvis but the exact same brainless "predictions" every game. :lol:

Considering you berate "St Mirren" supporters for not being a super supporter (Who doesn't go to ANY games) you know next to feck all about football. :byebye

Edited by faraway saint

Will be a massive task to take anything from this game, Septic will look on the weekend as 2 points dropped plus I’m sure they will be wanting to make amends for their 0-0 at Paisley in Dec. 
I don’t know much about how Stephen Robison sets up teams to play the ugly sisters but this certainly will test his tactics to the max. 

Heart says, Hoping for another bore draw,  head says - let’s not get hammered. 

For Saints to stay up every year is an achievement. Top 4/6 is something that is talked about but in reality is hard to achieve on the budget available. We went 12 games without winning earlier in season and i think Hearts showed on Saturday they were better in every position. One good result away from moving up table but couple of defeats would be at bottom end of table. Think 8th us more realistic.

5 hours ago, Wardog said:

For Saints to stay up every year is an achievement. Top 4/6 is something that is talked about but in reality is hard to achieve on the budget available. We went 12 games without winning earlier in season and i think Hearts showed on Saturday they were better in every position. One good result away from moving up table but couple of defeats would be at bottom end of table. Think 8th us more realistic.

I started a Projection For 21/22 Topic which looks at positions at season end based on average points per game to date. I agree that 8th would be the current likelihood but things are very close.

9 hours ago, Callum Gilhooley said:

Will be a massive task to take anything from this game, Septic will look on the weekend as 2 points dropped plus I’m sure they will be wanting to make amends for their 0-0 at Paisley in Dec. 
I don’t know much about how Stephen Robison sets up teams to play the ugly sisters but this certainly will test his tactics to the max. 

Heart says, Hoping for another bore draw,  head says - let’s not get hammered. 

IF we're to get anything from this the minimum must be the effort shown by the team that took to the field in December.

Remember, it was a shadow of our first team but every one worked their socks off for the full 90 minutes, something which Hib done against them yesterday. 

Even that might not be enough but at least we need to show some desire to compete.

On 2/26/2022 at 7:31 PM, faraway saint said:

After today's baffling performance it's hard to see us getting anything from this game.

Before today I thought we could have caused Celtic some problems but today came right out of the blue and was a concern.

Hearts, who couldn't buy a win, could/should have scored 4 or 5, Celtic WILL murder us if we are so poor.

This could fall into another game we give up the 3 points with a whimper, something that shouldn't happen if we see ourselves as a top six team. 

We haven't been that great on our run. Getting over the line with odd goal wins. Sat really wasn't a surprise. Few interesting weeks ahead. Interesting to see how Robinson goes about it too

9 hours ago, lenziebud said:

We haven't been that great on our run. Getting over the line with odd goal wins. Sat really wasn't a surprise. Few interesting weeks ahead. Interesting to see how Robinson goes about it too

Well "getting over the line" is better than drawing or losing games as we have in previous campaignhs.

I think it's grossly unfair to reduce our "run" as "we haven't been that great".

Sure, we're not Man City, but in this league most teams are average so to be pretty safe at thsoi stage with the chance to get into the top 6 is pretty decent.

On 3/1/2022 at 7:07 AM, faraway saint said:

Well "getting over the line" is better than drawing or losing games as we have in previous campaignhs.

I think it's grossly unfair to reduce our "run" as "we haven't been that great".

Sure, we're not Man City, but in this league most teams are average so to be pretty safe at thsoi stage with the chance to get into the top 6 is pretty decent.

As things stand. At our present points average per game and that of other teams in the league we would finish 8th but as little as two or 3 points more and we could..stress could finish 4th. Great league competition at the top, middle and bottom this year but not easy on the nerves.

Even last match Tait offered the odd goal threat.  And is he not being played out of position?  He’s a grafter, committed.

Yet again, Fraser isn’t a weakness….  all players have patches of poor form.   McGrath lost it totally for a wee while.

Maybe a Saudi-backed club will come in for them both?

Form goes up and down for all players. Our squad is, IMO, the strongest we have had for some time but the completion out there has also got tougher. Strange to think that had we played Dundee by now and won we would be 4th. What’s not to like. Speed isn’t amongst the tool set of either Fraser or Tait and, without cover, they can be exposed by quick footed wingers but both give 100 per cent and would be in my line up or bench.